Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

In my field of study, the praise should be given to the qualities attributed by the individual and not praising the individual like; hardwork, dedication, resourceful so it can motivate other employees.

Advertisement Placeholder
The mistakes some employers makes is praising a lazy employee so as to encourage him to be dedicated to his job whereas, the employee will becomes more lazy at his work.
That is right. Praising a lazy employee will definitely cause him/her to be more lazy. The lazy should be warned about it and given a chance to change. If they don't, you let them go. That way, people will be more productive and that, you can praise.

I don't seen any bad thing in praising a good and hard-working employee, but sometimes it's not good to overspraise because it might get into their which might makes them start misbehaving that work.

Personally me I do not see anything wrong with praising your employee and also an employee need to understand that they are being appreciated based on what they are doing .it is not something to be proud of to a point of neglecting your responsibility as an employee.

When mangers or business owners keep blaming the employee for one mistake or the other without giving them a clear explanation as to how these employees aught to have done it right, they'll have to keep coming back to repeat the same blame music over and over again

Employees are human beings and they deserve to be treated with respect too as an employer of labor there is nothing wrong with praising your employees for a job well done

Make no mistake, there is nothing wrong in praising an employee id that employee has done something worth praising him for in the work place. But don't try to rub it off the face of his contemporaries or colleagues

It's a good thing praising your employers but sometimes you need to know how to scold them so as to put them on check.

Praising your employees will motivates and encourage them and to some they will start behaving somehow, like you rely on them and that without them your business won't be successful

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Thanks for this,very detailed and precise,lots of employees take praises for granted and leverage on that to build their strength against your weakness.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Staff appraisal is very good.
When i taught in a secondary school, my boss always appraised all staff at the end of an academic term.
She would buy gifts for every staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
According to her, for the term to have been successful, it took the collective effort of all.

Motivation is the best tool for praising an employee. Any employee who does more than expected should be praised in one way or the other. It helps in the efficiency of the company's output or input. Not always throwing blames or silly hates at an employee for some selfish reasons.

Yeah actually is not a big deals to praise the staff because it give more efficient efforts to develop on doing good in that particular aspect and there's what they called rewards appraisal it mostly goes to very active and functional staffs in organizations or industry.

Most people were of the opinion that the biggest way to boost most employees morale is by giving them more monetary rewards and I completely agree with them but I am of the opinion that in as much as monetary what motivates employees they will also want to know that their effort is being appreciated by the owner of the organisation and that can come in the way of constantly praising their effort.

It's a good thing praising your employers but sometimes you need to know how to scold them so as to put them on check.
Very true, it is one thing to praise them when they do the right thing or when they achieve good results but it is another to know how to scold them when they are at fault or when they have done something wrong

Things do happen with the employees while praising them, the mistakes in praising employees is that when you are over praising employees it will make them feel that they have arrived. Just give rewards to employees who are performing well

In our world, it's always easy for people to point out other people's mistakes but quite difficult to praise someone for their hard work. Either as an employer or an employee..I feel it's necessary to praise each other when we do good things, it would give room to correction when mistakes happen

Very nice point, also not allowing the said erring worker the chance to explain the reasons for his/her actions or inactions. Also, praising the worker without acknowledging the effort of team work it can spark up unhealthy competition among the workers.

Employees are so funny. There are limits to doing things once you do less there's problem doing more there's problem too. One should avoid over praising

I dont think there are mistakes an employer make in praising an employee...if an employee deserves the praises then why not render the praises

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds