Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

Actually, it's good to praise an employee because praising him will make him to do more. Praising actually leads to motivation. But there should be a way around it such that it won't bring a bad result
Yes,if it's good to reprimand a worker for bad habits or coming late to work,then it's also good to praise him if he performs well. It'll motivate him to do more and make him comfortable.

Advertisement Placeholder
A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
I think these points you have given so far is what causes problems between staffs and their employees, overall we must try to understand one another.

Daily Make $1000 With Million Number Of Two Minutes Surveys. Daily Earn By Million Number Of Two Minutes Surveys. Learn & Earn. Home business opportunity.

The main mistakes that employers make is either not appreciating the staff enough, or over doing it and making it seem like they have a favorite or making the staff feel irreplaceable. There have to be a balance so that there won't be a future problem.

Giving praises to employee is one of the best ways to make sure your business is. Moving forward. With this kind of method you will definitely be sure of having happy staff to work with your company

Praise is a good thing to be done most especially to those who deserved to praise in other to motivate them in adding more effort for the performance of good job. as an entrepreneur is quite interesting to activate the mode of praise to workers inother to motivate them even though not always.

The mistakes some employers makes is praising a lazy employee so as to encourage him to be dedicated to his job whereas, the employee will becomes more lazy at his work.

The mistakes some employers makes is praising a lazy employee so as to encourage him to be dedicated to his job whereas, the employee will becomes more lazy at his work.
this is really bad and I don't think a business owner should praise an employee that is lazy, it is not even the best because this will give them the subconscious thinking that they are good when they are not.

Praising employees at work place is quite bad but it should not be too extreme and every day it is believe that when employees are praise and appreciated for the kind of productivity they made really do encourage them.to do more but thr praise should be to.the extent that the employees will felt the business can not function without them.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Most employers are so good in appreciating their employees with words but not in kind, at least given them a little token just to tell them job well done or even organise picnic or excursion will really make them put more effort in their job

As for me I think the mistakes in praising employees is that when you over praising employees and make them doing something else to the extend they look at it that you won't do anything and doesn't take there work serious but I see no reason why they can't praise an employees because it's right and good praising employees for good work they doing or done
There are some mistakes that business owners do when they praise employees it makes them bloody feel as if he or she is the one that can only execute that task and weed is he or she will have ego

Most employers are so good in appreciating their employees with words but not in kind, at least given them a little token just to tell them job well done or even organise picnic or excursion will really make them put more effort in their job
It is rare for private companies to hold picnics or outings, except for out of town assignments, and it is rare for employers to embarrass employees in public or other employees.

It's a good thing to give praise to staffs who are performing excellently well, it serves as a source of motivation as well and a driving force to do even more and to put greater efforts in the work the employee is doing.

Even I do not think that there is anything wrong with praising employees. Some employees perform even better if you praise them. Some bosses, however, never praise their employees because they believe that the employees will no longer perform well.

Praising employee is very important, one must be appreciated for the effort he puts but how you do it should be the question of the day

Everyone have is own point view and reasons why they do what they do, sometime praising your employees not because they have done perfectly well, maybe they do some thing that caught your attention you might just decide to appreciate them

As for me I think the mistakes in praising employees is that when you over praising employees and make them doing something else to the extend they look at it that you won't do anything and doesn't take there work serious but I see no reason why they can't praise an employees because it's right and good praising employees for good work they doing or done
True, there should be a limit as to how much you praise your employees, let them know the reason why you praised them and when they are at fault make sure you do what needs to be done as well, so pride would not come in.

For me I do not think that there is any mistake when an employer praise is an employee simply because praises do not means that the employee would now start misbehaving but instead it it will boost the morale of the employee to put in their very best in the business.

In acknowledging good performance of the employee by the employer,this can be done in different ways; verbal expression, letter of commendation, promotion, product or monetary gifts. These are the different means that can be adopted.

I do not believe there's any type of huge offer there's a company ought to Applaud go to her worker for a task effectively performed. Nevertheless, that does not imply the worker as well ought to currently performing as if they understand everything or even currently sensation above provide utilize

The best way to praise and encourage your employees is by rewarding them according to their hardwork, there are some companies that gives commission to their employees and this usually boost the rate at which the employees work hard.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds