Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

It is a good idea to praise your workers once they are doing a good job for you. Dont always complain or bark at them. They need to be Happy working for you. So you need to make sure they are happy all the time

Advertisement Placeholder
There is actually nothing bad in praising your employees, but the only problem is when you do it too much in a way that make the others feel bad and begin the jealous their colleague.

Praising the employee would make him or her a very dedicated person. He/she will dedicate more to the work. The praises could be in the form of giving incentives and promotion.

Praising employee at work most of the times works positively towards acheiving greater things for the company by the employee, but there are some employee that starts misbehaving as soon as you start praising them.

Actually some business managers and even some entrepreneurs are always good at making such kind of mistakes in praising their workers or employees on their talent and not hard work, blaming them without giving directives.

I personally believe that you should try to make praising of an employee as genuine as possible in order not to make them look like you are just doing it in order to boost their morale .

All the things you mention is absolutely necessary and employees must be praised accordingly . Managers should act not as only a manager but as a guidance that should help employees carry out their responsibilities in love and unity. This will improve the overall corporation in business and dust increase the success of any business organisation.

To be praising an employee who deserves the praise is recommended to motivate he or her to perform or do more better, but the praise should not led he or she to start disrespecting.

The fact is, it's very good to praise employees because it makes them to do more BETTER and function more.. they'll be motivated to give more of their best. But don't overdo it cos they can get it in the wrong way

Theres nothing bad in praising and even commending the efforts of an hard working employee but sometimes we should not overdo it because it gets into someone's head and they start misbehaving.

The ability to manage employee performance well is a critical part of any successful organisation. Yet, too often, performance management is misunderstood or executed in a clumsy way that can actually harm employee engagement, motivation and, ultimately, performance. Here are the biggest mistakes I’ve seen companies of all sizes make time and time again.
Which ever way the organisation would want to take,i think it is very neccessary for them to put up performance index parameters to be able to track and reward deserving personels,it should be done based on merit.

I don't think if praising your employees is a good thing, it will be very much better to find another way to appreciate their efforts but praising them might not be the best thing to do.

I beileve theres no mistakes in praising any hard-working employee but some employee makes it get into their head by misbehaving and letting the praise gets into their head .

Praising your employees is not a bad thing, but I can say it totally depends on the kind of person you praise, some get it wrong and start going the wrong way, which is very bad.

Praising your employees is not a bad thing, but I can say it totally depends on the kind of person you praise, some get it wrong and start going the wrong way, which is very bad.
The problems lies with some certain employee that started misbehaving mistaking seeing themselves as a very important person after receiving praise , they believe nothing can be done in that organisation without them .

The problems lies with some certain employee that started misbehaving mistaking seeing themselves as a very important person after receiving praise , they believe nothing can be done in that organisation without them .
Sometimes we do have this kinds of people, they think nothing good can be done without them which is not true, those kinds of people have the experience but they don't use it the right way.

When employees are doing perfectly in your business , as a business owner you must show appreciation for the jobs they have done. You shouldn't be looking for every single opportunity to reap people off their talents without having any problems.

I don't really agree with most of what you said, or maybe it's me that just didn't get your point very well. I believe it's not every time you praise an employee you must award a gift to him/her

I don't really agree with most of what you said, or maybe it's me that just didn't get your point very well. I believe it's not every time you praise an employee you must award a gift to him/her
I also dont beleive praising an employee is a mistake but i sees it as a means of motivation which makes the worker want to do more and work more harder but some workers get carried away with it.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Some employers blame the employees for coming late, but I think it is not fair to blame the employee just for coming late because there are many problems outside.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds