Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

Actually, it's good to praise an employee because praising him will make him to do more. Praising actually leads to motivation. But there should be a way around it such that it won't bring a bad result

Advertisement Placeholder
Also there there may be some type of conflicts between employees. But if the manager is praising someone, that should not be taken as negative. others should try to improve their efficiency so that they can get the praising.
Praising employees sometimes should be carefully done in order not annoyed other employees or demoralized them into believing that they are not doing enough to be appreciated, which can reduce their work productivity.

I don't see it as a mistake when you get to praise your employees because it simply means that you are grateful for the work they do and you are impressed to an extent

I would only say you shouldn't praise an employee that do eye-service so that they can grow some ego I mean pride, but some employees deserve that because it's a thing that motivate them to work more.

But when you get to praise your employees so much that they get to feel the company cannot move forward without them, that's where a problem occurs

To praise an employee, comes mostly either from his/her hardwork, talent and promotion. But there are people who make mistakes in praising there employees, when the suppose to use they, the use he/she.

I would only say you shouldn't praise an employee that do eye-service so that they can grow some ego I mean pride, but some employees deserve that because it's a thing that motivate them to work more.
Well , what matters is the result. If the said employees produces good result , then there is no need in not praising him. Is just that you need to call the person to order.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Praising the talent and not the hard work is a good point and not one that i have previously considered. Because talent shows little effort needs to be put in by them and this can be quite counter intuitive as a praise.

Actually it's definately a good thing to praise an employee and it's because those are things that strengthens a business praises gives an employee a good morale so the common mistakes made might result to pride actually .

I think public appraisal is far better than private appraisal because it is not just for you but also for other members of the company to see that efforts are being appreciated.
When you pray some employees then see themselves as boss and with that they think without them the organisation cannot move forward anymore and they end up misbehaving.

Praising talent and not hard work is the most common mistake . There is a difference between encouragement and praises encouraging the worker will make them do more too much praises will make Them feel relaxed

You are right, praising employees is actually the right thing to do, as they deserve it and it also serves as a way of encouragement for them to do more. But when it becomes a habit that they always receive praises, they might start taking it for granted
As for me I think the mistakes in praising employees is that when you over praising employees and make them doing something else to the extend they look at it that you won't do anything and doesn't take there work serious but I see no reason why they can't praise an employees because it's right and good praising employees for good work they doing or done

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
I think praising your employees is a very good idea. It will make them encouraged and inspired. I heard one politician who said that just a simple thank you is already enough for him. When he sees a grateful heart is already good. Give honor to whom honor is due.

It is always good to praise employees when they have done something praiseworthy. This gives them the sense of belonging and makes them realise that they are not just a tool working to satisfy a person; they are valuable. However, caution must be applied in praising an employee who is better talented than the rest all the time. The other employees may gang up against the employee as they see him or her as a threat. And lastly, a praised employee must not be used as yardstick to judge others in the presence of other employees; that will lead to enmity.

There is nothing bad in praise your employees for the job well done. I have make a part of routine in my business to give out incentivw and appropriate rewards for any employee who do the right thing always.

Actually, it's good to praise an employee because praising him will make him to do more. Praising actually leads to motivation. But there should be a way around it such that it won't bring a bad result
That is true. When you praise a worker it gives him the confidence at work and also he gets motivated to do more. However, too much praising is not good because the praise will lose value. Some people are so quick with praising that I don't believe their sincerity anymore.

I don't think there's any mistake in praising employees unless it's done for personal or selfish interests. Employees deserve any praise they get if they work for it. It's not easy putting your time and efforts to the development of a business.

Yeah I think you shouldn't just over do it , because when you are always giving praise countless time , the employee would see it as a normal thing and wouldn't put more effort that he or she want to put

Praising your employees makes them to be more dedicated and loyal to your business. When you keep praising your employees they will want to do more to satisfy you.

I think a business owner needs to be very conscious about praising and rebuking employees at a company. You can kill the moral of a hard-working employee due to slight mistake from them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds