Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common Mistakes in Praising Employees

I wouldn't say that their common mistakes made while praising a staff, reasons when staff truly deserve you praises may be due to the level of activeness I guess he or she deserves your appraisal because it is a due benevolence required of you as a business owner or manager of the units to do so.
Exactly, infact failure to praise staff when necessary may lead to the staff feeling unappreciated and demoralized which results into their non performance

Advertisement Placeholder
You should see to it from time to time that you give your employees that are deserving of your praises and encomiums the praises. Bit don't in moderation to not bring jealousy from others

When I was a supervisor I was taught about a "Praise sandwich". If you need to criticise them for something they are not doing properly you should begin with praising them for something they are doing well, then add the criticism to show them what you are not happy with, and then end it with more praise about something else. Employees will respond more positively to this approach.
Excellent "praise sandwich" saying, and I loved the explanation of how it unfolds. I had not evaluated this possibility to direct an employee to improve in the quality of their functions. I will take it into account in the next evaluations I have to do.

i personally believe that massive praising will literally spoil them and ruin the professional relationship between the boss and his employees, there shouldn't be too much and not too few

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Sometimes, it's good to put in some praises on the hardwork of your employees. This might be accompanied with an incentive that will make the employee and other employees work harder than before.

Praising your employees is not a bad idea. Praising your employees encourages them to do more or put more efforts in their work. I do not think there is a bad way to praise them. Praising workers is about motivation to lift their spirit to work, it might be inform of incentives or verbal encouragement.

To contribute, managers should also limit appraising an employee ocassionally in front of other employees as this might lead to jealousy and rivalry so it's better to do a secret appraisal sometimes.

Concerning the topic at hand, common mistakes employers make while praising employees, i have to say that you really have mentioned a host of those mistakes employers make whilw praising their employees and this isn't good

If I understand you properly, you are saying why we should not praise employees. Well, they might let it get into their heads, and after which their performance might drop.

It is good to praise an employee because by so doing you will be able to motivate them into doing more in the company which will in turn bode well for the progress of the firm or establishment but one should also point out their errors also.

In business I believe there is nothing bad in praising your workers an an entrepreneur because everyone need motivation if they are motivated of their hard work they will perform better.

This are some very food points you have mentioned here. So many people so not see the negative in praising some of your employees wrongly and this can go a long way to affect the business.

It good give people some sought of praise or accolades for a job weldone but when doing this one has got to be very careful, first I will suggest you don't do give such gratification in the sight of other to aviod envy that might ensued and lead to something bad.

A lot of literature, business and management articles or business tips, suggest always giving praise to employees who excel or at least to increase their work motivation. Giving praise to employees correctly will give positive results but if the praise is done wrongly it can be a contra indication of praise. Here are some common mistakes managers and owners make when giving praise to their employees:
1. Blaming without giving direction
2. Praise the talent, not the hard work of the employee
3. Not giving praise / rewards to employees who are performing well,
Maybe you have other ideas or opinions about common mistakes in giving praise to employees.
Yes! Encouraging hard working staff has a way of spurring them to do more for the company, it can even challenge others to put it their best to the work.
Sometimes, awards or incentives can be given to such staff, whether openly or secretly to encourage them.
In organizations that uses the promotion from one level to another can promote such staff.

Praising a worker without making it clear the reason for the praise.
There notting bad in praising your workers but they should be aware the reason why. And if you praise them too much, it could get to their head.

While praising a worker, an employer should try to let him know the essence of other workers influence lest other workers may decide to stop putting in their best and this may affect the business.

I wouldn't say that their common mistakes made while praising a staff, reasons when staff truly deserve you praises may be due to the level of activeness I guess he or she deserves your appraisal because it is a due benevolence required of you as a business owner or manager of the units to do so.
It is a good strategy to appraise employees infact books support and highly recommend the strategy but there are ways to go about it to prevent maliciousness and jealousy in the organization.

Honestly there is nothing wrong in prison employees for the good work they have done. Some employees get motivated whenever they are praised for their good job.

Honestly there is nothing wrong in prison employees for the good work they have done. Some employees get motivated whenever they are praised for their good job.
That's true. Some employees even go to the extent of quitting their jobs since the employer doesn't seem to appreciate them always.

There is really nothing wrong in praising employees and commending their capacities. It encourages them to work harder for the company's progress.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds