Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you quit your job to focus on your business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question! I do not think it is a nice idea to quit your job to focus on your business. But at the same time, if your job is extremely depending and you feel your business will substitute and pay you better, then I advise you wait for your job.

Advertisement Placeholder
Why not yes I can,if I see that the business is highly profitable than my job,I will leave my job and dedicate all my time to the business so I can get more profit

Having a job that pays and still having a side business at the same time is very good. After working for a long time you can decide to retire early not necessarily quit job and turn all attention to the business.

Once the jobs aren't clashing and disturbing one another, I don't see the reason for leaving one business to concentrate on another. The two could be running simultaneously to ensure more income.

Of course yes but some factor must be considered before making such decision. Factors like do you really have the knowledge of what you are venturing into, do you have the financial strength to push it and also having a good location for start up.

I only think that quitting is a bad idea when your business isn't yet established. However, if your business has reached the stage where you earn much more than your paying job, then that is the perfect time to quit and focus all your energy on growing your empire.

Go ahead and start your business. But don't quit your day job. Of course, there are some basic challenges to overcome — making time for a side hustle, and ensuring that your new venture doesn't violate company policy

It's said that one needs to get different streams of income in order not to get disappointed when one fails, but I want us to consider a situation whereby an individual makes enough money from his business much more than his monthly income from his job.
Is it advisable for such an individual to quit the job and focus on growing the business?

If you are in this situation, would you quit your job?
No not at all, I won't quit my job, I've got an ever growing family and I need as many streams of income as possible. Unless the job is a stressful one affecting me health wise or something extreme. Otherwise I'll combine with my business.

No not at all, I won't quit my job, I've got an ever growing family and I need as many streams of income as possible. Unless the job is a stressful one affecting me health wise or something extreme. Otherwise I'll combine with my business.
This is a much better option than choosing to quit your job completely. Some people get obsessed with the little profits they are making from their business and then decide to quit their jobs.

When a business has found its bearing, been well established, and is bringing way more returns than the phase of inception, I see no reason a person should hold on to their paying job. It is only going to prevent them from expanding their business and it would eventually affect output.

If i will quit my Jo so as to grow my business will depend on the kind of job I'm doing. If the job gives me the time to take care of my business, then I'll continue with the job and use the income from the job to fund my business rather than borrowing from bank

anything is possible in today's life .if the business is worth the risk then take it .some jobs these days only end up killing employees rather than developing them .learn to do whatever makes you happy and be contented in your happiness .

Concerning your question, yes I can quit my job to focus on my business but that depends on how big my business grows. If my business can develop and yield massive profit to the point where the salary I collect from my job feels obsolete, I am definitely quiting my job. For example I can quit my job to trade financial markets as its lucrative

Depends on if you want fun and excitement and freedom in your life, with a high chance of failure! If you love that challenge, you're not in a bad position..quit your job and do your best in business to make your business successful...

if my full time job is not as profitable as my business would actually leave the full time job and focus more on the business initiative which is actually more profitable than my full time job
But if on the other hand if the job is more profitable then I wouldn't have to leave my job rather than that I would focus on the job more

According to my point of view I believe it is better to quit my job for my business but still this depends on the kind of business I'm doing if the business pays more and the business is promising then I will quit my job for the business

I don't think there is point in you working under a private firm when your business is growing, so as for me I will have to strict with my business and devolt much time to it in other to make the business grow more and more.

I can quit my job for full time business, if the business is fetching me a good money than the job am doing. Some business is better than having job or working under someone.
[automerge]1612825622[/automerge]
I can quit the job am doing for a good business with Huge amount of returns. A job that fetch me little money at the end of the month, taken my time and also no having enough time to rest, can be forgone for a business that fetch me a better money.

I think all employee should have the mindset of leaving a particular job he's been employed at a certain point to embark oh his or her own ..once one already has plans for his own business with time He can have all what was been payed as salary for the years he spent working from his busines

“The thing about having a job is that you don’t have the ability to fail fast. An unemployed founder has the entire day to meet partners and customers but an employed founder only has a few hours per day after work. And that’s assuming that people actually want to talk to you after working hours, instead of spending it with their families.

An unemployed founder has a fixed amount of money, so that forces the founder to really focus on being cost efficient. An employed founder, however, has a steady monthly salary so naturally it’s harder to focus because that founder can literally afford to do so.
[automerge]1612825720[/automerge]
“The thing about having a job is that you don’t have the ability to fail fast. An unemployed founder has the entire day to meet partners and customers but an employed founder only has a few hours per day after work. And that’s assuming that people actually want to talk to you after working hours, instead of spending it with their families.

An unemployed founder has a fixed amount of money, so that forces the founder to really focus on being cost efficient. An employed founder, however, has a steady monthly salary so naturally it’s harder to focus because that founder can literally afford to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds