Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you employed someone in your house hold to manage your business?

People really need to dissolve this notion that family and business can be mixed. If you ask me, I'll say teach that your relative to fish by also engaging him in a profitable skill and let him be. That way, if he mismanages, then he's on his own
I don't really know why most people while the notion that business and family do not meet but in my own case I think I trust my family members so much to the extent that I can bring them into my business because I am of the opinion that they will be the ones that can better manage my business than an outsider.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes I can employ someone in my household to be managing my business for me from time to time as I think fit or necessary. This can only be when that person is someone I can actually trust with my business
There's nothing bad in employing someone in your household to monitor your business for you if you have the trust in them , in fact I prefer handling my business to a family member for proper monitoring.

Yeah no doubt business is a different ball game entirely with family ties and that shouldn't be a criteria for selection, lol of businesses have gone to the ground because of family and friends
When even running the business most times you have to be careful the way you relate with the family and friends , because most times they like buying goods on credit and this could affect the operation of the business

It would be beyter you employ someone from outside your household to manage your business for you so you will be able to properly monitor the person and correct/scold the person when necessary. If you employ someone from your household,correcting or scolding the person might poise a problem for you with every other family member.

No! I won't if it's my siblings but if there are my kids, I'll study their competencies and act on that. I cannot stake such bet on without critical thinking.

Well I can possibly do that it depends on the trust you have for the person and the belief you have In his ability that's what he can be able to offer to your business progress and growth.

There is nothing wrong if you want to employ someone like your relative or nephew or niece from your household to help in your business. If the trust is there like it with other staffs, no problem

I do not see anything wrong whatsoever in employing somebody who is part of my family to work for me provided that he's going to separate work affairs with family affairs.
I am also of the opinion that employing a member of my family or household to manage my business is even more better than employee and outside that to manage the business because the family member can better manage the business as he or she will feel vested in the business.

No doubt business is different from family ties and not necessarily will a family member handle ones business with utmost care, I think the bias of family should play too much in business
I totally agree with you,when it comes to doing business,it is very importnt to seperate it from personal relationship,and keep it purely professional if you want to involve any family member at all.You must have known them on a very personal level and must have gain my trust both on personal level and in discipline.

I I will not think twice of employing someone in my household to manage my business provided that they have the right knowledge and commitment to drive it forward.

Yes I can do that but before I embark on that I will make sure he signs or she signs some documents,so that he or she will know that in business there is no familiarity,or

I totally agree with you,when it comes to doing business,it is very importnt to seperate it from personal relationship,and keep it purely professional if you want to involve any family member at all.You must have known them on a very personal level and must have gain my trust both on personal level and in discipline.
Yeah definitely, so many business I know that have been run down while being improperly managed by a family member, business is very different from family relationship a d shouldn't be associated together

You can certainly do. At least family understands the rules better than an outsider in management and business goals. And have always got your back no matter what.

Definitely the employment of someone in my house is very interesting that's when the person has the ability to offer my what I really do needed from him then it's a good and a welcoming idea.

I can't say yes or no either ,but I can say its depends on the kind of person he his or she is ,if he is the type that won't tamper with your resources ,I think it will be great bringing him in ,but if he his or she is a waster who knows only how to spoil and damage things ,he will definitely bring down your business

Yeah definitely, so many business I know that have been run down while being improperly managed by a family member, business is very different from family relationship a d shouldn't be associated together
That is the main reason you should look at the character of the persn involve,and their commitment level is another factor,how are they with the issue of management and finance.Do they share with the vision of the outfit.

When I am thinking of employing someone into my business the first thing I will look into is the qualification and that is what will determine our employee the person even if the person is my family member or not.

Managing a business for someone has to do with trust because you are virtually saying this person can manage and run th business in your absence and still give accurate and honest account to you. Yes I can if I trust the person

The vasic element for the person to have as far as I am concerned is the trustworthiness of the person for the job. And if my relative has just that, he'll manage my business for me

I can employ the person if he is equal to the task and has shown some considerable level of consistency and competence. The whole thing is I don't even mix familiarity with business that much
Valid. Be it family or not ones he can be employed so far as he's qualified and professional. I can't just employ becos u are family or won't employ cos you are family

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds