Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Beauty salon or Barbers

Investing money to start a salon business is a good idea. Nevertheless, I do think that there are many popular salons in my area who regularly get clients because some people pefer to get their haircut from specific shops only.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is one of my plans, I have seen how these businesses prosper in a short time. Besides, the Christmas season is coming up and everyone is going to get their hair cut and styled. You just need a good location and professionals to attract customers.
Location plays a major role in siting a business but location does not really affect a salon no matter where you are people want a cut or plait

Investing money to start a salon business is a good idea. Nevertheless, I do think that there are many popular salons in my area who regularly get clients because some people pefer to get their haircut from specific shops only.
That's right, when people like a site and they have a professional that meets their expectations, they will not go to another one. However you can create your own business and get your own clients, if you provide a good service you can attract others!
Location plays a major role in siting a business but location does not really affect a salon no matter where you are people want a cut or plait
It is true, in my country there are many who even serve their clients from home, without the need of having a business. I believe that people will always be where there is a good professional who will take care of them as they wish.

Yes, during the pandemic, hairdressing salons have stopped generating income. In my country they are working because they are called by customers, and the professionals go to their homes and perform the work, all with security measures against the pandemic. But it is an option to continue working.
That is also the same with my friend who who works in a beauty salon. Because of lockdowns due to coronavirus pandemic in our country, she closed her beauty salon. When there's a customer who needs to have a haircut she is the one going to their home for a home service.

I write this thread, because in my country they are different businesses. I want to know how profitable it is in your country and if they are different businesses. In my country, Beauty Salons are businesses where both ladies and gentlemen go to cost their hair, comb it, perform hair grafts with professional stylists.
In the case of barbershops, it is usually only for men, where haircuts, beards, mustaches and the like are made.
How does it work in your country? What is so profitable?
Beauty salon or barber is one business that one can easily make profit from, people cannot do without styling or barbing their hair, another business that is profitable in my country is fashion designing

That is also the same with my friend who who works in a beauty salon. Because of lockdowns due to coronavirus pandemic in our country, she closed her beauty salon. When there's a customer who needs to have a haircut she is the one going to their home for a home service.
And I think that when you work at home it is more profitable, since the cost of the service is high compared to the salon. At least that's how it works in my country, even if the salon is open, many clients like to be attended at home.
Beauty salon or barber is one business that one can easily make profit from, people cannot do without styling or barbing their hair, another business that is profitable in my country is fashion designing
Yes, the hairdressing business is for the whole year, since hair always grows and needs to be cut, as well as hairstyles! It's a great business with very good opportunities anywhere.

Thing about salons and barbers, is that the medium is melding together. My dad gets his hair and beard dealt with at a local salon, as the barber that was living in the town retired. So, the nearest barber is a town over and my dad isn't going to drive out there. Plus one of the women that works at the salon is a good friend of the family.

Most people who go to a salon are women, but men do go there.

With the right marketing and setting their business in a right location you are definitely going to profit better from opening a beauty salon.

Sure, unisex saloon is highly profitable. It all depends on your selected location for the business. If you pick crowded location, i don't see anything that stops you from earning reasonably.
Of course i agreed with you because i have been to many crowded places and see how unisex shop there are being patronised all the time

Thing about salons and barbers, is that the medium is melding together. My dad gets his hair and beard dealt with at a local salon, as the barber that was living in the town retired. So, the nearest barber is a town over and my dad isn't going to drive out there. Plus one of the women that works at the salon is a good friend of the family.

Most people who go to a salon are women, but men do go there.
I agree with you, in my country it is very normal to see beauty salons with men as clients. So a unix salon is very easy to achieve it starting from the beauty salon, nowadays that many men are more careful with their physique and paint their hair, it has become more popular.

The fashion designing industry was thriving a lot before the pandemic. In my country, the sales of clothes have dropped a lot due to the closure of markets and this had an effect on the fashion industry, too.

Funny enough, men's hair care is more expensive than women's care. Men are ready to spend more and even spend more in fact. But it's advisable you have the two so you grow quickly. A lot of ladies or guys always go with their partners to places like this and you can always make both customers
I don't agree with you when you say that men's hair care is much more expensive than women's hair it may be subjective you know due to your location but in my country Nigeria men do not keep her so it is much more cheaper for us to be cutting our hair than for the females to be making their hair.

Of course i agreed with you because i have been to many crowded places and see how unisex shop there are being patronised all the time
You're there, unisex saloon is highly in-demand, since it is for both sex. Provided the saloon is top notch, meaning the services it provides is pleading to customers they'll simply be turning up.

Beauty salon is better since it serves a wider audience where you have both gender as your target market. It will offer you the opportunity to serve a wide customer base and make a big profit margin. It's like killing two birds with one stone.

Beauty salon is better since it serves a wider audience where you have both gender as your target market. It will offer you the opportunity to serve a wide customer base and make a big profit margin. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
Very well described @Chizfab, you can kill two birds with one stone, and in this way increase your profits considerably. On the other hand, it is very difficult to see a woman in a barbershop because these professionals are almost never prepared to attend them.

Beauty salons and barber shops operate differently, beauty salons for the women and the barber shop for the men both are good business. Even though some establishes unisex for both men and women it is not been patronised like the beauty salon and barber shop.

I believe you have to go for the one that you are comfortable in doing if you are to choose between both of, based on your statement barbar is mainly for men that is true but that there is nothing that will stop a lady from engaging in it if the lady is really interested to do it.

I write this thread, because in my country they are different businesses. I want to know how profitable it is in your country and if they are different businesses. In my country, Beauty Salons are businesses where both ladies and gentlemen go to cost their hair, comb it, perform hair grafts with professional stylists.
In the case of barbershops, it is usually only for men, where haircuts, beards, mustaches and the like are made.
How does it work in your country? What is so profitable?
The two are both profitable.
The barbers salon experiences influx of both male and female who want to have their hair cut. It is same for salon businesses, both men and women flock in to make various hair do.
I cannot say which one earns more.

I believe you have to go for the one that you are comfortable in doing if you are to choose between both of, based on your statement barbar is mainly for men that is true but that there is nothing that will stop a lady from engaging in it if the lady is really interested to do it.
Of course, even in my country there are many barbershops run by women, even from time to time you can see a woman or two. The same happens with the beauty salon, there for times they are attended by men. Now that we are approaching the Christmas season, the demand will be high.

Both the beauty and barbing saloon are all important and good business so for this aspect I think that its better to re-structured any of them in a good enviroment,and also what will make it move well is the location you want to site the business

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds