Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

As a business owner: Is it wise to quit your company after making mistakes?

If so then we should also quit our home after making a mistake because it is exactly the same thing. lolz, everyone makes mistakes and it is the best that we learn from It and not to give up.

Advertisement Placeholder
No it is a really stupid decision to make if a business owner quits a business that he or she established that Is not performing upto his or her expectations. I think the best thing for him or she to do is to check and highlight the problems affecting the business and try to fix them.
There are some mistakes that can't be fixed. When in this situation it is very wise to quit. Stop seeing quiting as a failure, as long as you don't quit in life one is still at the right track

No, I can't quit my business just because i've made mistakes .I will love to see myself become better and so those mistakes will spur me up to do better.
It is very unwise to quit a business just because of mistakes made.
The best to do is to learn from mistakes and use it to your advantage. That's how to be successful at a business.

One thing that I believe, is that mistakes are inevitable in human existence. We human can not be perfect, for that we are bound to make mistakes. Making mistakes in business, doesn't mean you can not handle business. Quitting your business, is not the best option for you.

A wise business owner always tries to analyse the root cause of the problems and see why he is facing loss. Sometimes a specific kind of business is not everyone's cup of tea. We all have different tastes and we all are good at different things. A businessman should carry out a business he thinks is good for him.

Quitting is not the solution because once you quit you are showing weakness and that means you're a failure and there's no way you can start another business. The best way is to face and learn to deal with the challenges.

If the mistakes have caused irreversible damage, then it is best for you to move on. But most of the time, mistakes can be corrected. Therefore, take your time and try strategies that are able to correct your mistakes.

This not wise I will categories this under follishness how can you quit a your company just for making mistake. It means you cannot handle a company if you quit.

Mistakes are bound to happen no matter how well you plan the business. There is something we called miscellaneous irregularity. We do not plan for them and they can be in the form of money to be paid or services. I consider mistakes as such.

This is mistake many people make, when starting a business it's should be what you are passionate about and have carefully draw out plan for it also be ready for the up and down of it that is both the profitable side of it likewise the losing part of it

If you must be successful in business, you must be persistent enough.

Most entrepreneurs that quit easily blame it on so many things like luck, bad timing, Greener Pastures and unrealistic goals.

Some entrepreneurs want a smooth ride to success not even thinking about a backup plan if they fail.

Do you see yourself quitting your business anytime soon?
Making mistakes is something that is very common in all kind of business is so I don't really see it as a huge factor that you should be quitting your business as a result of that happening.

I currently don't own a business and even if i did, i don't see myself quitting after a mistake. Mistakes are all part of the learning processes, no one is perfect. We ought to learn from our mistakes and not to give up.

This is mistake many people make, when starting a business it's should be what you are passionate about and have carefully draw out plan for it also be ready for the up and down of it that is both the profitable side of it likewise the losing part of it
Well said, but do you think having a good plan would completely eliminate mistakes from taking place in the business? Or do you think plans should also be made to include mistakes as well.

It is not a wise step to quiet your business or a company just because of your mistakes and failures, you have to learn from your mistakes and failures, because they are the initiation for your bright future. So always be courageous and determined for the success.
If the mistake that you made as a business owner is something that is capable of putting the company out of business then I don't see any reason why you should still be in the business.

It is good sometimes for an entrepreneur to quit a business when he has seen that the business has gone down beyond repairs. There are various stages where a business will get to and you will know that that business cannot be revived again and any capital you are pumping into the business will just be going to waste but most issues or problems that businesses are going through is solveable and so therefore entrepreneurs shouldn't easily quite their businesses.

As business failed to take off, this entrepreneur had to cut expenses. The mortgage couldn’t be kept up with. Soon, even rent was too much. He hit the road to be “location independent” – staying with friends while traveling across the continent instead of resign

Business grows when the mistakes done are corrected and worked upon. It will be unwise decision if a business owner quit at the midst of mistakes. It means the person has not fully prepared to be a successful business owner. A real business owner doesn't quit at any time.
There is no need to quit the job as a result of the mistakes you made in the past. You can always adjust and correct the mistakes if it's possible to fix everything.

It has stopped your dreams. Remember back when you were so thrilled with your company? ...
Your body doesn't lie ever. ...
Fahgettaboutit. All right. ...
The money is just not there. ...
Your customers do not like you. ...
Complaints have grown. ...
Syndrome of Sloth.
If you actually quit after making a mistake it doesn't really change a mistake that you've already made which will only make you vulnerable in any new business establishment are you find yourself because you will always be running from your mistake.

As you have rightly said persistence is needed to be victorious, I would not quit a business I have started because of challenges I would remain persistent so far I am assured that the business is a nice idea that would yield profit.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds