Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you rather work for someone or start your own business?

Actually running a business for someone, is not really a good option but sometimes conditions make us to have no other option to follow.

If I have the financial capabilities, and the knowledge, I will prefer to start my own business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally I always love to be independent in terms of finances.

Starting a business myself, I think it's the only way to achieved financial independence, so I will prefer to start my own business if I have the capability.

Depending on the individual's interests and preferences, some people would want to run their own business. Many business owners experience a great sense of accomplishment and freedom when they run their own business.

Starting my own business has always been a better option. whenever I work for anyone I always try as much as possible to learn from them in order to apply the same strategy to my own business in the future. I do not want to become an employee actually.

I am already in business and I can categorically tell anyone that it is far better to own your business than work for someone. I have worked for someone before and I prefer my own business.
working for people sometimes can be very tiring because you have to stick to their own rules. But when you have your own business there is no limit to the amount of money you can make and you can basically employ others to work for you.

working for people sometimes can be very tiring because you have to stick to their own rules. But when you have your own business there is no limit to the amount of money you can make and you can basically employ others to work for you.
I was talking with a friend today and we were just reminiscing how we used to suffer working for someone. You can't even sleep well because you are to arrive your workplace at a particular time. You don't have the liberty to shut down and sleep when you wish to. I don't think I can ever go back to being an employee.

It is the wish of everybody to work for himself but it all depends if you are financially capable. If you are not, then you would have to work and raise money for you to be able to establish yourself.

I would much rather have my own business than work for someone. Being able to have my own business would mean I would be able to schedule my own work and be my own boss and that would make life so much better at least for me.

Right now as much as I do not have a huge business, what I do from home in terms of work is classed as a business as I do make money from when I am doing at home and I do work from home. I find it much better to be able to do that as I work around my time and set my own schedule so it works around my family and my health.

For now I would rather work for someone I'm not really intrested in creating a business so I would rather work for someone else of course it's nice to be a boss but I don't care about that

I was talking with a friend today and we were just reminiscing how we used to suffer working for someone. You can't even sleep well because you are to arrive your workplace at a particular time. You don't have the liberty to shut down and sleep when you wish to. I don't think I can ever go back to being an employee.
That is one of the major advantages of working for people. You need to stick to their rules which sometimes may not be okay by you. So starting your own business is the best option.
I have been very much interested in making money online for some years. I have also been seeing people that claims to make money on the internet. It was actually out of curiosity that has started exploring different ways of making money. At the beginning it was very rough but I continued searching until I saw some things that works.

Last edited:
It is the wish of everybody to work for himself but it all depends if you are financially capable. If you are not, then you would have to work and raise money for you to be able to establish yourself.
All these talks of being financially capable are myopic talks. While I understand the difficulties in securing capital to start a business it is something that with strategy and good planning, a lot of people have overcome.

All these talks of being financially capable are myopic talks. While I understand the difficulties in securing capital to start a business it is something that with strategy and good planning, a lot of people have overcome.
I don't think there is any special strategy that works when you don't have money to establish any business you have the interest to do. It is either you get the loan or you raise your money yourself.
That is the reality and there is no special strategy that works when you don't have money to establish your own business except you are lucky to secure a grant.

I don't think there is any special strategy that works when you don't have money to establish any business you have the interest to do. It is either you get the loan or you raise your money yourself.
That is the reality and there is no special strategy that works when you don't have money to establish your own business except you are lucky to secure a grant.
Raising the money yourself is the strategy that you need. I know how much I strategized and worked to raise capital for my business. I started businesses that are almost free to run and are profitable to raise money to start my dream business.

I believe that most of us actually started working for someone in the beginning before we have the opportunity to save up money and develop our own business ideas that helped us to start up our own businesses today. It's a life gradual process.
Yes, it's important to start from somewhere. Even those big business owners we see today started by working for either a government or private enterprise. The goal of every man is to have a business, but business is not something you can just start.

Raising the money yourself is the strategy that you need. I know how much I strategized and worked to raise capital for my business. I started businesses that are almost free to run and are profitable to raise money to start my dream business.
The other guy was trying to say that it is not easy to raise capital to start up a business but you made it seems as if it is very easy. Well it could be true.
I could understand a situation that you raise a little money to start up a small business but a standard business in every way requires a whole lot of money.

It is better to work on your own provided you have capital to establish your business. But in a case where you don't have capital to establish then you have to work for somebody else in order to raise capital needed. While working, you would also get experience.

The other guy was trying to say that it is not easy to raise capital to start up a business but you made it seems as if it is very easy. Well it could be true.
I could understand a situation that you raise a little money to start up a small business but a standard business in every way requires a whole lot of money.
Businesses don't start at standard level. It is an excuse to procrastinate. Business is all about doing. And not too much talk. You want to start a standard business, we know that. But what do you have on ground? Nothing? That's not a serious entrepreneur.

I would rather start my own business instead. I don't much like taking direction from someone, so I tend to do my own thing. And so far it has worked out for me.

If I had to work another job, I would work for someone. But it would probably just be a temp thing.

If you are naturally a person with a zeal to do things your own way, you won't be able to work for someone. I am such a person. Even if you work for someone, it would be with a goal in sight and when once that goal is achieved, you would leave.

That's the same, seems like we are on the same page, I think if you have the enough capital to start up your own business it will be good, what do you think?
It is not necessary until you have your own business before you will have financial independence. There are many people who have their own businesses and are yet to be comfortable with their financial status.
Moreso there are some people working in big brands and are financially comfortable. So your financial status don't depend on either you are working on your own or not.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds