Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you rather work for someone or start your own business?

I myself have worked for businesses in the past, mainly family businesses of those who my parents were friends with.

As much as working for a business like that was not bad and I did feel welcome and like I was valued, now that I have my own freelance business, I am able to be my own boss and work to my own hours around my health and also my family and that is a huge difference from working for a business.

Knowing how it is working in my own business, I would much rather do that now.

I have also worked for my family. However, I have always dreamed of starting my own business. This is because when you own your own business, you actually feel like owning something that you created on your own, without the support of your family. That feeling could be quite amazing considering the fact that you have the power to make decisions.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have also worked for my family. However, I have always dreamed of starting my own business. This is because when you own your own business, you actually feel like owning something that you created on your own, without the support of your family. That feeling could be quite amazing considering the fact that you have the power to make decisions.

It's definitely good to work for your family and probably take part in your family business. But on the other hand, it always feels so good to another business which you can call your own. It doesn't matter how small it is but as long as it brings in money, it's something that's worth being proud of.

I have also seen so many people who consistently ask for opinion from other people. They want to start their own business. In such kind of scenario, they may need to understand the supply and demand of a product and consider starting a business they think they can conduct. In such cases, they may not need to work for someone else.

Personally, I will never push or advice anyone that's interested in starting a business to be rushed with it and end up not making all the necessary preparations. It doesn't matter if it takes 1 or 2 years to plan for the business, but as long as it's planned out well before starting, it's going to give the business more chances of being successful.

It's definitely good to work for your family and probably take part in your family business. But on the other hand, it always feels so good to another business which you can call your own. It doesn't matter how small it is but as long as it brings in money, it's something that's worth being proud of.

Right now, our family is not running any kind of business at all. I have been a part of family business before and i can confirm that running a family is never an easy job at all. Your family expects you to perform much better. If you fail to do that, then things may not be in your favour at all. However, I tried my best to manage the business successfully.

Personally, I will never push or advice anyone that's interested in starting a business to be rushed with it and end up not making all the necessary preparations. It doesn't matter if it takes 1 or 2 years to plan for the business, but as long as it's planned out well before starting, it's going to give the business more chances of being successful.

I think that patience is the key. You may start your own business and make investments. In that case, you may need to save money or invest the little amount of capital you have in case if you like freedom. Working for someone else may bound you and this is something that may not be appealing to all the people.

I think that patience is the key. You may start your own business and make investments. In that case, you may need to save money or invest the little amount of capital you have in case if you like freedom. Working for someone else may bound you and this is something that may not be appealing to all the people.

Yeah, that's very correct. Managing a business is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes time and a lot of work. You will need all the knowledge and experience you can be able to muster to see the business through. This is why it will never be in your best interest to be too rushed with your new business.

Right now, our family is not running any kind of business at all. I have been a part of family business before and i can confirm that running a family is never an easy job at all. Your family expects you to perform much better. If you fail to do that, then things may not be in your favour at all. However, I tried my best to manage the business successfully.

In being involved with running and managing of your family business, yes of course there's always going to be high expectations on your performance in the business. Family business comes with a lot of responsibility that can't be taken lightly.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds