Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever work for family?

I have some family who own and operate their own business (not my direct family, but rather through marriage) and they are all proud of it.
It will be a thing of joy plus job security is such too.

The good thing is that there are many advantages of such kind of family business. Family business could actually make it possible for people to get employed quite quickly and they may not need to search for job somewhere else.

Advertisement Placeholder
I still believe that working for the family will bring out the best in you because you wouldn't want to make any mistake and you will always want to give your best.
I think that does not apply to every individual because there are some people who may not take their family business very seriously because they will not be punished when they make some mistakes.

Well I can worked for a family business but I think that will be based in certain conditions. based on the fact that the business will be family neutral that's it will not always be influence by family decisions.

This is something that a lot of people do not feel comfortable going into it but then I do not see anything wrong in it especially if it is a family member that we share personal relationship with.
I have seen a lot of family businesses that succeeded. There is nothing wrong in working for your family and there is everything right in it. All you need is proper guidance of to work effectively.

There's nothing bad in working for family company as long as the management of the company is ready to meet your demand. Nobody could negotiate your stipend at your back. For me, I can work for family company. It doesn't have any meaning

There are a lot of family owned and operated businesses out there, especially in America.

I know someone whose family has had a restaurant going for over 50 years now and they have nothing but family running it.

I am curious if anyone here would consider working for their family - or if it would be too stressful.
Truthfully, I believe that working for a business venture with family as its backbone may be both a blessing and a curse, based on how much the close relatives value your contributions in the enterprise.

Well I can worked for a family business but I think that will be based in certain conditions. based on the fact that the business will be family neutral that's it will not always be influence by family decisions.
The business will be based on family decision as long as it is a family business. There is no how you should expect the business to be neutral . I believe it will definitely be influenced by family decisions and conditions.

The business will be based on family decision as long as it is a family business. There is no how you should expect the business to be neutral . I believe it will definitely be influenced by family decisions and conditions.
Probably, whenever you want to work for a family business you need to understand that every decision taken into the business will not be neutral because it is a family business and every member of the family has an opinion.

Family business helps to strenthen everyone's skills in the family but the issue is that, in some cases over familiarization play a big role. This may make the business starve or go bankrupt.

Probably, whenever you want to work for a family business you need to understand that every decision taken into the business will not be neutral because it is a family business and every member of the family has an opinion.
Yes that is exactly what I was trying to say. There is no how you can work in a family business without it having to influence you and every decision of the business will not be a personal decision that will be executed by one single individual.

Yes that is exactly what I was trying to say. There is no how you can work in a family business without it having to influence you and every decision of the business will not be a personal decision that will be executed by one single individual.
Probably, it is always very important or necessary to have that at the back of your mind. Before any decision is taken in the business every member of the family will contribute.

I think that does not apply to every individual because there are some people who may not take their family business very seriously because they will not be punished when they make some mistakes.

Well, I think that a person who is truly devoted will take his family business seriously, no matter what. However, since they are running their family's business, they would experience leniency to some extent.

If you don't have a good family members you'll definitely suffer, but if you have the ones that will understand your situation I think you all will benefit from business.

Probably, it is always very important or necessary to have that at the back of your mind. Before any decision is taken in the business every member of the family will contribute.
Yes . That is how it will be because it is called a family business and you are not going there as a single individual to perform activities on your own. Rules and regulation must be contributed and agreed by family members who are active participants.

Well it may depends but generally i will work for my loving family beside all that all that matters is to help the business grow and not really for the payment of the salary. working for private or other people organisation that you are not related will be more stressful than working for a family business well this is my opinion

There's absolutely nothing wrong in working in a family owned business or running it. I think it will even be good and a good source of motivation to you because you're expected to leave the business better than you saw it for your children; and the cycle continues.

That is another point to consider because most of these individuals who are working for their families may not take the job very seriously because the punishment that will be metted may not be severe If an offence was committed.

Well, I think that a person who is truly devoted will take his family business seriously, no matter what. However, since they are running their family's business, they would experience leniency to some extent.
I don't think so. There are some people who are very passionate as long as it is a family business because they want it to grow. Some people are naturally passionate.

Of course I will, having a family business is cool and working as a family in a business entails unity and any business organization working hand to hand in unity having thesame goals,aims and objective, shall Excel and grow exponentially

Working for a family business is really a pleasure buy sometimes it's more better you worked independently of your family. due to some certain challenges, some people won't love to work with family business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds