Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you ever work for family?

I think that one actually boils to down to family issues. Any family where there is no unity they will not like to help each other out to succeed and that is actually very bad.

Yes, this is true. There are many families that have good unity and they are always willing to help each other all the time. This is why they are willing to invest money on their family.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I will work for family, then the payment plan should be fixed. This is because they might think that because am family, they don't have to pay me what I deserve.

Actually working for a family business is quite a pleasure but I believe only few people will loved to engaged themselves due to some personal reasons of which they don't want to be affected.

Actually working for a family business is quite a pleasure but I believe only few people will loved to engaged themselves due to some personal reasons of which they don't want to be affected.
it is never a pleasure, though at first you may like the idea or the job but with time there would definitely be issues, either conflict of interest or some other issue, i have seen this sort of things happening over and over again.

Well I have not worked for a family business before simply because my family had no business running at the moment but if I am privilege, I will be glad to do it.

Well I have not worked for a family business before simply because my family had no business running at the moment but if I am privilege, I will be glad to do it.
Before you decide to check properly if you and your family are good fit for the business because running a business and been family are two different things that you need to understand from the onset.

Families are okay with me as long as they are running a profitable business. I can work for families if opportunity arises and I also have interest in the type of business they are doing.

Working for family can jeopardize someone's standard of living because anything can happen and makes someone to start from scratch and many things like that. Only few family members help their people so it's risky and not reliable.

Yes, this is true. There are many families that have good unity and they are always willing to help each other all the time. This is why they are willing to invest money on their family.
Yeah, I have seen the family in this part of the world that made it compulsory that if any of them makes money he or she must establish a good business for others. I think promoting such policies for families will bring peace and unity.

There are parts of my family that I can partner together with in business because they have been faithful. There's still need to include family because blessings come from it mostly before outsiders. Therefore I have family that are valuable to do business together.
There are parts of my family that I can partner together with in business because they have been faithful. There's still need to include family because blessings come from it mostly before outsiders. Therefore I have family that are valuable to do business together.

Actually working for a family business will really be a pleasure but sometimes people don't feel like to, due to some personal or family reason which may affect their performance in there field of duty

Actually working for a family business will really be a pleasure but sometimes people don't feel like to, due to some personal or family reason which may affect their performance in there field of duty
The good thing about working for your family is that you cannot be fired except it is your own decision. That will make you to have a whole lot of good experience that to will skyrocket you as a businessperson.

Working with family members can be problematic, personally.They feel entitled to some benefits granted them by virtue of their blood affiliation and subsequently do not put in as much effort

I would gladly accept to do so, if only the necessary conditions are put in place.

For instance, it would be agreed that I should be treated with a sense of dignity all the time.

It is only a coward that would run away from responsibilities that would make him be of help to the family.
I would definitely work to see that my family progresses and becomes better.

You first need to know your family very well to know exactly what kind of personality they have , because working for family most especially family business brews problem simply because not everybody will trust you,

There are a lot of family owned and operated businesses out there, especially in America.

I know someone whose family has had a restaurant going for over 50 years now and they have nothing but family running it.

I am curious if anyone here would consider working for their family - or if it would be too stressful.
Some people have the knack to make business owned by family to last long. Sometimes, it's the exact opposite. It depends on if others are interested. This will make them take the business seriously without much persuasion.

I have always found it interesting working with a family member because I am going to put in everything I know to ensure that the business is going to be successful following my personal relationship with them.

Not all families are bad and self centred , some families have cooperation and they help each other grow up financially , so there's nothing wrong in working for family if you know it won't affect you.

As long as the management of the business value my skills, I will work for family business.

There are a lot benefits you will enjoy from working for family business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds