Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

most of them do not believe that there is no job in the country and some of them are still waiting for the government to give them work while they have the skill that is necessary for them to start up their own business, I just believe we all need to start up from somewhere first.
Indeed unemployment rate is going up everywhere due to lockdown. Also automation of technology is being adopted by many companies. That is an important factor why the labour factor has been severely affected from last couple of years. And the situation will only keep on decaying.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's not about being pompous, it's about a system that has failed to develop dynamic graduates. It's about what has been deposited into these dudes all their lives. Most countries that failed in this aspect initially are now correcting that error by introducing subjects and programs to train and develop skills and crafts even from the secondary school level.

Graduates are trained to go for white collar jobs for the first 21 years of their lives. You don't expect them to dump this mentality in little time. A lot of them are learning the hard way now that being skillful is the only way. They are actually learning in a very hard way.
You made a wise input dear, its never pomposity but the bad system of government. When the government provides means for skill acquisition and white collar jobs, the graduates will surely have something to cheer up after years of education suffering here in our country.

Graduates do not want to learn profitable skills because we believe that after graduating, learning skills are only for people who did not go to school. However, we are mistaken because most of us are now forced to start learning the skill after graduation because there are no jobs available and we must face the reality.

Indeed unemployment rate is going up everywhere due to lockdown. Also automation of technology is being adopted by many companies. That is an important factor why the labour factor has been severely affected from last couple of years. And the situation will only keep on decaying.
Sometimes it is always annoying when I see people sitting at home looking for employment when they themselves can start up something, it is believed that 50% of all employment now maybe taken over by robots in the next few years.

Sometimes it is always annoying when I see people sitting at home looking for employment when they themselves can start up something, it is believed that 50% of all employment now maybe taken over by robots in the next few years.
You have just stolen my words. There are many ways we can start earning from home. Right from creating our own home website or own blog. As you said most of the jobs will be taken over by automatic softwares in the coming years. I totally agree with that fact.

Graduates have the security of exercising their knowledge in a public or private position, which is not usually the case when living in a country with a high unemployment rate. By the time they realize they need to develop a skill, they have already lost valuable time.
And in addition, they often didn't lost only time: they lost a huge amount of money. The example of south Europe is one of the most indicative. Nor primary school is for free from governmental taxes (except poverty declaration accompanied by this and that poverty status evidences), so much less university. After having spent thousands or tens of thousand euros (depending on the subjects studied) between taxes, institutional fees and expensive books, how students can take the courage to ask to their parents for other money to spend in another course to learn a new skill? Even when they get an humble job, usually not having anything to do with their degree, the earnings may be not enough to pay for another skill.

Exactly, things have changed. Like in my country before if you are a graduate you can be sure of getting a good job, but right now there are no jobs even the available jobs can only be gotten through connections. So most business you see today are not even based on what they studied, they are just skills they picked up along the way to create a source of income for themselves
Dear friend, in my former city, connection (political acquaintances) is all people need to get a job, even an humble job. Most of degrees serve no purpose and to spent to acquire a new skill would be the same if the student doesn't move to another reality (and not all students can move, imagine young people with old and sick parents, for ex.).

I don’t think this is a fair look at why post-student employment is high. After completing a university course, people should expect to get a job relating to their course and that just doesn’t happen anymore. I don’t think you can blame people for studying and not learning some additional on the side as the whole point of university is to land a job in the subject you’re studying.

I am studying investment, finance, and accounting. After I graduate, will I get a jn in a bank? Possibly not. I also need to develop my skills in banking to get a job
Excellent, I hope you can have the success you deserve for your effort, which I value very much. Surely you will have to develop skills, I was studying in an institute "INSBANCA" where all the subjects are related to banking and finance, but I had the opportunity to work thanks to the development of skills that they give in that institute.
It's just something I thought of when I was just typing that message, since relying on the government would be in vain, hoping on successful enterpreneurs can be a long shot why not help each other?
Yes, I really love your proposal, because unfortunately the government does not focus on helping graduates , so as not to lose human resources that are so valuable. It would be good to help each other.
And in addition, they often didn't lost only time: they lost a huge amount of money. The example of south Europe is one of the most indicative. Nor primary school is for free from governmental taxes (except poverty declaration accompanied by this and that poverty status evidences), so much less university. After having spent thousands or tens of thousand euros (depending on the subjects studied) between taxes, institutional fees and expensive books, how students can take the courage to ask to their parents for other money to spend in another course to learn a new skill? Even when they get an humble job, usually not having anything to do with their degree, the earnings may be not enough to pay for another skill.
You are absolutely right in your exposition @Pousinha, not only they have the loss of time, also in the investment of their money. Although it is still nice to see so many university graduates, as they live their experiences and gain knowledge,. But unfortunately they are critical countries in terms of acquiring a job.

I know this is happening but sometimes I always wonder why they are waiting for government to give them employment,most of them are people who do not want to start up from somewhere, they just need something the government has established, thats just the only reason.

I know this is happening but sometimes I always wonder why they are waiting for government to give them employment,most of them are people who do not want to start up from somewhere, they just need something the government has established, thats just the only reason.

They are waiting for a simple reason, in certain countries: a shameful unpayable VAT their government require to start they our business. There are countries like Italy where there is a compulsory VAT that costs 4000 euros per year plus an amount between 500 and 3500 euros of compulsory accountant fees. Obviously people easily discourage, especially when they had spent all their money for a degree that didn't serve for any purpose.

Dear friend, in my former city, connection (political acquaintances) is all people need to get a job, even an humble job. Most of degrees serve no purpose and to spent to acquire a new skill would be the same if the student doesn't move to another reality (and not all students can move, imagine young people with old and sick parents, for ex.).
I think this is the major trend almost every where right now. You cannot get a job without having a connection either from a relative or family member thats knows the manager or you are related directly to the manager, or you have the money to secure such slots.i have seen cases where business slots are being sold to people. Who ever buys it can give it to anyone to come in.

I think this is the major trend almost every where right now. You cannot get a job without having a connection either from a relative or family member thats knows the manager or you are related directly to the manager, or you have the money to secure such slots.i have seen cases where business slots are being sold to people. Who ever buys it can give it to anyone to come in.
Even sometimes you have to give bribe to get the job. It has become a new norm, just like as you said you need connection with someone, in our area too, such things are taking toll.

Excellent, I hope you can have the success you deserve for your effort, which I value very much. Surely you will have to develop skills, I was studying in an institute "INSBANCA" where all the subjects are related to banking and finance, but I had the opportunity to work thanks to the development of skills that they give in that institute.

Yes, I really love your proposal, because unfortunately the government does not focus on helping graduates , so as not to lose human resources that are so valuable. It would be good to help each other.

You are absolutely right in your exposition @Pousinha, not only they have the loss of time, also in the investment of their money. Although it is still nice to see so many university graduates, as they live their experiences and gain knowledge,. But unfortunately they are critical countries in terms of acquiring a job.
Thank you for the kind words, I think that this idea would at least help undergraduates going through the harsh reality of unemployment but manifesting it would be the problem.

Thank you for the kind words, I think that this idea would at least help undergraduates going through the harsh reality of unemployment but manifesting it would be the problem.
True, but while a tangible solution is coming to the graduates, they must solve their economic life. They can't wait and just waste their time. They can choose to develop skills or become entrepreneurs. This while they get opportunities related to their university careers.

True, but while a tangible solution is coming to the graduates, they must solve their economic life. They can't wait and just waste their time. They can choose to develop skills or become entrepreneurs. This while they get opportunities related to their university careers.
I'm sure if most of the graduates in my country see this, majority would not fully agree or would just be indifferent as they have given up it's only a few who pick up the courage that can have the will o still continue education.

You are right but your submission is not always the case sometimes. After graduating from school most graduate have no one to take care of their daily needs and responsibilities and for a graduate to learn a skill he will needs funds to keep him going till the end of the program.

I'm sure if most of the graduates in my country see this, majority would not fully agree or would just be indifferent as they have given up it's only a few who pick up the courage that can have the will o still continue education.
In view of what you describe, what do you think could be the possible solution for these graduates, who refuse to continue studying or develop any skill? it could be entrepreneurship? there must be a way out and not to dedicate themselves to do nothing to be supported financially

It is not always easy for a graduate to start to learn a skill after the end of his studies. He will definitely needs some form of finance which he may not be able to provide without the support of someone.

In view of what you describe, what do you think could be the possible solution for these graduates, who refuse to continue studying or develop any skill? it could be entrepreneurship? there must be a way out and not to dedicate themselves to do nothing to be supported financially
There is a way out, you have mentioned one which might not be very welcome by some, other options exist but it is left to them to really decide to continue with mediocre or do something, when they choose the latter then the advise would be useful.

There is a way out, you have mentioned one which might not be very welcome by some, other options exist but it is left to them to really decide to continue with mediocre or do something, when they choose the latter then the advise would be useful.
Very well, since I suppose that among all the members there are those who are graduates and have not had the joy of being hired by companies or organizations. In this thread there are different options that you can choose to produce earnings on and offline. This while they can develop their knowledge acquired with their studies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds