Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
I think it’s high time people start learning about a profitable skill that will be help to them in the future but I can’t blame any graduate because you can be a graduate in a developed country and still be unemployed

Advertisement Placeholder
Most graduates think, after completing their academic sessions, then, they have a gold mine awaiting them. No! That's not the case. It's good you've acquired knowledge but you need to add skills to it to make yourself more marketable.

The reason for that is because some of them believe that government will provide them of all the necessary job they need and they depend so much on the government,they have to understand that skill is one of the most important thing everyone should learn

Most graduates think, after completing their academic sessions, then, they have a gold mine awaiting them. No! That's not the case. It's good you've acquired knowledge but you need to add skills to it to make yourself more marketable.
This is usually because their teachers and lecturers tell them that is how things work. Though so many information is being spread these dates to make things clear for all graduates to understand the reality of life.

This is usually because their teachers and lecturers tell them that is how things work. Though so many information is being spread these dates to make things clear for all graduates to understand the reality of life.
Most of them ve stayed more than 10 years unemployed waiting for government to come to their rescue, sometimes we should not blame them because it is not easy to start a business after you have spend so much in the higher institution.

Very well, since I suppose that among all the members there are those who are graduates and have not had the joy of being hired by companies or organizations. In this thread there are different options that you can choose to produce earnings on and offline. This while they can develop their knowledge acquired with their studies.
And what do you propose or advise the other graduates who are not that lucky and have not been able to secure a job, what do you suggest for them to do

And what do you propose or advise the other graduates who are not that lucky and have not been able to secure a job, what do you suggest for them to do
The main thing is to find a way to generate income, for this I think they should look for a way to develop a skill that they are passionate about or attracted to, even if it is related to their career, this way they will be interested in learning. Then they can offer their services and generate income.

I think the main reason is that most graduates grew up with that mentality that they will get a job just after graduating. It is so hard to change such a mentality and convince them to learn a profitable skill instead.

It is not always easy for a graduate to start to learn a skill after the end of his studies. He will definitely needs some form of finance which he may not be able to provide without the support of someone.
okay if they think that it will not be easier for them to learn a skill after graduation then I think the best thing for them to do is to learn it before they get into the university because this is the skills that will help them when there is no employment.

okay if they think that it will not be easier for them to learn a skill after graduation then I think the best thing for them to do is to learn it before they get into the university because this is the skills that will help them when there is no employment.
You are right. Another issue is that, some people enter the university immediately they graduated from high school making it difficult for them to have enough time to learn a skill, since some skills takes months or year to learn also.

You are right. Another issue is that, some people enter the university immediately they graduated from high school making it difficult for them to have enough time to learn a skill, since some skills takes months or year to learn also.
Talking from experience after I graduated from high School, I am still learning a skill now, my learning time will expire by this year December,then next year I'll get to write my jamb again and consider moving into the tertiary institution. That is how I do my own.

But nowadays I see so many graduates learning different skills, the high rate of unemployment makes them realise that they need these skills to be financially independent.
I don't think the starter of this thread is right by saying graduates are not learning new skills. For in my area my graduates are learning new skills. Most of them are learning fashion design, hair dressing, makeup act and many more.

The educational system has contributed to this problem by concentrating on training these guys to graduate and get a good job instead of preparing them to be job creators

Which is good, as you describe there are many who are willing but others are not, perhaps because they don't like it or simply don't have the opportunity to learn online. There is also the opportunity to learn offline and generate profits.
Most graduate refused to learn profitable skills because they are frustrated and confused, their plans are being shorted by the government and going back to learn a skill it's now so difficult for them.

Most graduate refused to learn profitable skills because they are frustrated and confused, their plans are being shorted by the government and going back to learn a skill it's now so difficult for them.
Yes it is true, although in many cases the limitations are placed by the graduate, with respect to their desire to excel. My mother always says "he who wants, can". You just have to make the decision and fight to achieve what you set out to do, even if it is difficult, but not impossible.

Actually, some graduate used to believe that they will become what they read in school, so they did not think of learning any skill. But I think most of them know better now that the reverse is the case. That is my contributions.

I think the reason why many graduate refuse to learn profitable skills is because the only put there mind and interest in the aspect of educational learning while to learn a skills becomes a problem because the interest to learn the skills is no there.

I don't know why it has become a normal thought that accompanies every young person but most of them feel that education has nothing to do with learning a skill since you are educated you just have to get employed with a white collar job not knowing that skills pay alot

There are several digital skills in which under graduates can venture into and make a whole lot of money for themselves without depending on anybody for employment.

Most graduates felt after they've graduated and acquired a knowledge academically, that's all. Definitely, life is beyond certificate. Certificate has a major role it plays tho, but acquisition of skills is very important

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds