Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

I am not yet a graduate but I am still learning a lot of things to support my higher institution because I believe that is one of the best thing I need to do for myself,I do not know the other reason why a lot of people do not like learning a skill especially graduate.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are numerous skills in which graduates can learn and start making a lot of money and bettering their lives such as Affiliate marketing, animation and so many of them.

People should understand that in this country that it is not the best thing for us to wait for the government because the government will not help us, graduate and non-graduate should learn a skill before getting into the higher institution

The major cause is the background, a lot of them think they can't stoop so low to learn a trade or business having gone to school. However, that narrative is gradually changing. We have to educate our young kids to learn a trade as soon as possible.

In my opinion is reason why graduate refused to learned a good profitable skills is because of entitlement mentality they had that government owe them work because they have gone to school not knowing with a profitable skills you can earned more than the government will pay and you will work at your own time.

Graduates do not want to learn profitable skills because we believe that after graduating, learning skills are only for people who did not go to school. However, we are mistaken because most of us are now forced to start learning the skill after graduation because there are no jobs available and we must face the reality.
As regards learning profitable skills, education has deposited some skills into graduates. The unfortunate thing is that most do not even recognize those skills they have. If one is a graduate and finished schooling with a project to booth, writing technical reports shouldn't be a problem. Lots of people are making good money as technical report writers online.

I think that this so much going to boil down to either laziness or being being brain washed that there is an imaginary government job waiting somewhere for them.

Most graduates have refused to go and learn profitable skills because they have been indoctrinated with a belief system that says they are meant to go to school and get food grades and then secure good white collar jobs

The major cause is the background, a lot of them think they can't stoop so low to learn a trade or business having gone to school. However, that narrative is gradually changing. We have to educate our young kids to learn a trade as soon as possible.
It is not easy for some graduates to learn a skill after graduation as they will need someone to finance them while learning the skill which a lot of graduate do not have. The best way to learn a skill is to do so before going to school.

It is not easy for some graduates to learn a skill after graduation as they will need someone to finance them while learning the skill which a lot of graduate do not have. The best way to learn a skill is to do so before going to school.
That's definitely true. A lot of students are struggling to even pay their school fees and other stuffs, so some may not have the opportunity to learn it.

I don't think people choosing unprofitable skills is the reason for high unemployment rates. Pretty much all skills can be profitable, but finding employment can be difficult, and in my opinion it is important to have more than one legs to stand on - you can cultivate skills and job experience outside of your qualifications too, and they can be really good side hustles or plan B's.

Find a job is indeed a difficult task. I live in a country where you will not be hired for a position if you do not have good qualifications and if you do not have experience of working in a reputable organization. You can get a job that pays you $100 a month only if you are an intermediate qualified person.

That's definitely true. A lot of students are struggling to even pay their school fees and other stuffs, so some may not have the opportunity to learn it.
Most graduates that learn a skill after graduation are those that have parents or family that still gives them stipends to go to work on a daily basis. It will be difficult for those who struggle to go to school.

Graduates believe they deserve better more than the people that did not goto school, I am also a graduates but i change pd my orientation and i am from bit he my online and my offline work because of unemployment.
You wouldn't blame graduate for having that kind of mentality that they deserve better from the society because going to school is a very stressful exercise as you will experience several challenging things and so I don't think that it a bad thing for student to be expecting something great from the society when they graduate.

Most graduates are refusing to learn a prifutabl skill or hand work because they tend to think people or their mares will.look down on them for being so modest below their supposed standard

Most graduates are refusing to learn a prifutabl skill or hand work because they tend to think people or their mares will.look down on them for being so modest below their supposed standard
It is not about people looking down on them that makes graduates to refuse to learn a profitable skill. Most graduates do not have people to finance them on whatever it is they want to do after graduation while some of them does.

It is not about people looking down on them that makes graduates to refuse to learn a profitable skill. Most graduates do not have people to finance them on whatever it is they want to do after graduation while some of them does.
And not all of these graduates that have the means to have been financed to go learm a skill take advantage of this privilege to learn the said skill though. All because of pride still

Most graduates that learn a skill after graduation are those that have parents or family that still gives them stipends to go to work on a daily basis. It will be difficult for those who struggle to go to school.
Even at that, i still believe that if any student is passionate enough especially in online money making, he can be very successful because the opportunity is limitless.

A lot of the people that are graduating now do not want to learn skills because they have an illusion that an imaginary job I there and as such their certificate is enough

And not all of these graduates that have the means to have been financed to go learm a skill take advantage of this privilege to learn the said skill though. All because of pride still
Well I wouldn't rule out cases of proudness by some graduates towards learning a skill that will put food on their table. Another problem is that, after learning the skill and the jobs are not forthcoming, will it not be a waste of their time and resources?

there are some people who are really not interested in starting a business or learning skills but are only interested in getting jobs after graduation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds