Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

We graduates believe we are more superior to the drop outs and the illiterates out them because we have knowledge and academic exploit , so in that case we believe maniac job is for people that doesn't goto school.

Advertisement Placeholder
Graduates feel entitled to a better life after graduation from college because that is what they have been told from time to time that once you're done with school your life gets settled.
This is one of the reason some of them choose to be lazy and some of them have been waiting for government work for more than 10 years, they just believe that a graduates supposed to get employment immediately but sometimes this is not always the right thing.

With the rate at which unemployment is really rising I'm sure that most graduate was at one point or the other have heard how difficult it is to get a job but like I said earlier, they feel entitled to get a job.
Exactly what i was trying to say, they have been in a environment for long that tells them study hard so you can get a good paying jobs so even if they start seeing and hearing the reality of there being no jobs, they still hold on to that hope of their case may be different. I have also seen cases whereby their uncle or relations has already promised a job position after school. So their mind is already fixed on that only to discover that the job is not secured because of the economy

They feel entitled and they are entitled. The problem is that it is not easy to get it, they can spend years looking without finding a job related to what they studied and prepared for. In time they will have to accept that not everything is as they dreamed and consequently undertake or perform other functions in a company.
Of course, the society owes it to this relentless people who have taken it upon themselves to face the hard challenges of going to school but it's not the case so it comes down to everyone looking out for his own.
[automerge]1624249300[/automerge]
Exactly what i was trying to say, they have been in a environment for long that tells them study hard so you can get a good paying jobs so even if they start seeing and hearing the reality of there being no jobs, they still hold on to that hope of their case may be different. I have also seen cases whereby their uncle or relations has already promised a job position after school. So their mind is already fixed on that only to discover that the job is not secured because of the economy
It is just harsh to put people through that promising process only to disappoint them again and it keeps continuing as education has become very important, we can only hope this would change.

Last edited:
This is one of the reason some of them choose to be lazy and some of them have been waiting for government work for more than 10 years, they just believe that a graduates supposed to get employment immediately but sometimes this is not always the right thing.
It has become a trend now a days. Graduates feel that there status is threatened if the apply for low paying jobs. That's why they wait for a better job and remain unemployed.

Of course, the society owes it to this relentless people who have taken it upon themselves to face the hard challenges of going to school but it's not the case so it comes down to everyone looking out for his own.
Yes, they have earned it through hard work and constant study, so I think they deserve a good position related to their career. What affects them is that there is a lot of unemployment in the countries and that is why they should look for options.

The main reason why graduate refused to learn skill is pride. If you bury your pride, I bet you, sky is your limit

Yes, they have earned it through hard work and constant study, so I think they deserve a good position related to their career. What affects them is that there is a lot of unemployment in the countries and that is why they should look for options.
I wish that there was something someone could do not relying on the government but creating a strategy for the graduates who can't land a job and feel hopeless.

Perhaps, the OP is generalizing. After graduating, I see a lot of graduates enrolling for various skill development programs. They even choose another course to enhance their knolweldge.

I wish that there was something someone could do not relying on the government but creating a strategy for the graduates who can't land a job and feel hopeless.
Yes this would be good, since as you describe many graduates despair at not getting a job, where they can develop their knowledge acquired in universities. Perhaps in the union of several entrepreneurs who build productive companies, only for graduates.

In addition to what everyone has said, graduates refuse to learn profitable skills because they feel their certificate is capable of sustaining them through the hurdles of life. On the contrary that absolutely wrong

Yes this would be good, since as you describe many graduates despair at not getting a job, where they can develop their knowledge acquired in universities. Perhaps in the union of several entrepreneurs who build productive companies, only for graduates.
That would have been a good idea for graduates to work with enterpreneurs bit only that many enterpreneurs are self centered looking out for only the gains.

most of them do not believe that there is no job in the country and some of them are still waiting for the government to give them work while they have the skill that is necessary for them to start up their own business, I just believe we all need to start up from somewhere first.

That would have been a good idea for graduates to work with enterpreneurs bit only that many enterpreneurs are self centered looking out for only the gains.
It is true, the great majority of entrepreneurs only look for their own profit, however, as time goes by and they become big companies, they need qualified personnel. These, reaching agreements could be dedicated to hire graduates that meet their needs.

It is true, the great majority of entrepreneurs only look for their own profit, however, as time goes by and they become big companies, they need qualified personnel. These, reaching agreements could be dedicated to hire graduates that meet their needs.
And that might take a while because growing a company especially in these troubling times might take a while, I was thinking why not come up with something from the unemployed masses by the masses and for the masses like a thrift contribution...

And that might take a while because growing a company especially in these troubling times might take a while, I was thinking why not come up with something from the unemployed masses by the masses and for the masses like a thrift contribution...
Your proposal would not be bad. That would be very good since it could somehow alleviate the economic situation of graduates in the most critical sectors. Do you have a way to make such a proposal or is it just your personal opinion?

It has become a trend now a days. Graduates feel that there status is threatened if the apply for low paying jobs. That's why they wait for a better job and remain unemployed.
What is the need for them to behave in this way, I believe it is good for them to apply for the low paying job from there you can grow to the standard you wanted, applying for a low-paying job does not mean that you're not looking elsewhere for something better.

That's correct @Justin , both are important to achieve the goals of the graduates. Both secular knowledge and skills development, with this preparation they are more likely to get a job as they desire.
I am studying investment, finance, and accounting. After I graduate, will I get a jn in a bank? Possibly not. I also need to develop my skills in banking to get a job

Your proposal would not be bad. That would be very good since it could somehow alleviate the economic situation of graduates in the most critical sectors. Do you have a way to make such a proposal or is it just your personal opinion?
It's just something I thought of when I was just typing that message, since relying on the government would be in vain, hoping on successful enterpreneurs can be a long shot why not help each other?

They feel pompous to add a skill. They feel that, it isn't wise to do that since they went to school they've learned it all.
It's not about being pompous, it's about a system that has failed to develop dynamic graduates. It's about what has been deposited into these dudes all their lives. Most countries that failed in this aspect initially are now correcting that error by introducing subjects and programs to train and develop skills and crafts even from the secondary school level.

Graduates are trained to go for white collar jobs for the first 21 years of their lives. You don't expect them to dump this mentality in little time. A lot of them are learning the hard way now that being skillful is the only way. They are actually learning in a very hard way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds