Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

Bookwormlux1

Captain Junkie
Credits
The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.

Advertisement Placeholder
Graduates have the security of exercising their knowledge in a public or private position, which is not usually the case when living in a country with a high unemployment rate. By the time they realize they need to develop a skill, they have already lost valuable time.

The rate of unemployment seems to be increasing as time goes on, and this is mainly because so many graduates didn't bother to learn a profitable skill because they were thinking about securing a well paying job upon graduation, only to be disappointed at the end.

Why do you think graduates don't want to learn profitable skills that would make them to b independent.
But nowadays I see so many graduates learning different skills, the high rate of unemployment makes them realise that they need these skills to be financially independent.

I am a graduate and I think I can answer the question using my own personal experience, graduates don't want to learn profitable skills because we believe in white collar job after graduating we believe learning skills are meant for people that didn't go to school, but we are wrong because most of us are now forced to start learning the skill after graduation because there's no job out there and we have to face the reality.

Graduates have the security of exercising their knowledge in a public or private position, which is not usually the case when living in a country with a high unemployment rate. By the time they realize they need to develop a skill, they have already lost valuable time.
They feel pompous to add a skill. They feel that, it isn't wise to do that since they went to school they've learned it all.

They feel pompous to add a skill. They feel that, it isn't wise to do that since they went to school they've learned it all.
You are right, although many do not want to accept it, they believe that if they do not work in an office they feel inferior. When they have that mentality they lose a lot until they realize that the best triumph is humility and begin to develop skills.

You are right, although many do not want to accept it, they believe that if they do not work in an office they feel inferior. When they have that mentality they lose a lot until they realize that the best triumph is humility and begin to develop skills.
You spoke wisely @Sariana23. Best triumph is the act of being humble, one that isn't humble finds it hard to achieve success. That's what some school goers failed to understand. We shouldn't feel pompous, we should be loyal, humble and dedicated to learn new skills to enable us earn meaningfully in life.

You spoke wisely @Sariana23. Best triumph is the act of being humble, one that isn't humble finds it hard to achieve success. That's what some school goers failed to understand. We shouldn't feel pompous, we should be loyal, humble and dedicated to learn new skills to enable us earn meaningfully in life.
You are correct @Sincere, and I think in the end, it is the main reason why graduates refuse to learn skills and perform functions outside of an office in any other industry.

You are correct @Sincere, and I think in the end, it is the main reason why graduates refuse to learn skills and perform functions outside of an office in any other industry.
That's the negative things that made them refuse learning a skill and functioning as desired in an office in any industry that picks him or her up for opportunity.

They spend a lot of time studying and working hard to get good grades, When they are asked to learn skills, they are just frustrated.

A lot of graduates have a wrong notion about the job market. Since they are graduate, they tend to believe that they have what it needs to get a job, which is not true. Education helps you to secure a job but education does not guarantee job. You also need professional skills to get a job

A lot of graduates have a wrong notion about the job market. Since they are graduate, they tend to believe that they have what it needs to get a job, which is not true. Education helps you to secure a job but education does not guarantee job. You also need professional skills to get a job
I loved this @Nomad "Education helps you get a job, but education doesn't guarantee employment" Because it's toalmete true, and it's a serious mistake that graduates make. After graduating from college, employers ask for specific experience and skills in the field or subject.

I think the reason why this is so is because they have missed the time they're supposed to learn most of the skill that you are talking about, a graduate after getting out of school may not feel comfortable to learn most of the skill you are talking about ,so it is always better for them to learn before going to school.

Well it's true this happens a lot, they might feel they are past that now or some might feel too big to but for me I see nothing wrong in learning a skill as that would be an added advantage

They expect to get jobs based on their field of study, many graduates today have the notion that once they are done with school there are great jobs awaiting them. So most come out unprepared for the reality. But these days many of our graduates are finally waking up, learning different skills. Tho education is very important, it would take you places but it should not be your only option for your future.

What I think to be the reason is because many graduates have this understanding that business is another school of learning and they don't want to go through another stress of learning and subjecting themselves to the risk of doing business.

Why won't anyone learn profitable skills to be independent, cause not everyone will be a programmer or a full stack developer. Some people need time to discover what they are good at and just go for it. It all boils down to individuals.

They expect to get jobs based on their field of study, many graduates today have the notion that once they are done with school there are great jobs awaiting them. So most come out unprepared for the reality. But these days many of our graduates are finally waking up, learning different skills. Tho education is very important, it would take you places but it should not be your only option for your future.
I love your post which is reasonable, what caught my attention is that "Education is very important, it would take you places but it should not be your only option for your future". And it is one of the real reasons why graduates are stuck, "they wait for those places as their only option".

Exactly, things have changed. Like in my country before if you are a graduate you can be sure of getting a good job, but right now there are no jobs even the available jobs can only be gotten through connections. So most business you see today are not even based on what they studied, they are just skills they picked up along the way to create a source of income for themselves

The reason is that a lot of people do not believe in the opportunity online business offers and some do not even know it's possible to make real money online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds