Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who runs a company better: A leader Or A Manager?

maventiger

Mythical member
Credits
Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?

Advertisement Placeholder
Any company needs a manager to run it well. The leader leads it, but the manager sends a message to him, he sees his work, he sees his worker.That's why the manager works harder to run the company better. From a leader, he looks at everything that is important to make a profit. The manager is responsible for the profit of the company.

We all know we need a touch of leadership and a touch or manegerian artitude when running a company. For me a manager will be the sure bet to successfully run a big company

The main difference between leaders and managers is that leaders have people who follow them while managers have people who work for them. A successful business owner needs both a strong leader and a manager to add their team to the board to follow their vision of success.

I will go with leader Anyone within an organization has the potential to become a leader, but managers must be leaders. ... A manager who cannot lead is not able to build trust and create engagement within an organization to get to where they need to go. Neither of these scenarios are practical or effective.

Last edited:
Employees will always have their pick when it comes to who they like to work with.

Personally, I will bid for a leader. Because Leaders focus on all the employees they need to influence in order to realize their company’s goal. They know who their employees are and spend most of their time with them. They build loyalty and trust by consistently delivering on their promise.

Managers only focus on the structures necessary to set and achieve goals. They focus on the analytical and ensure systems are in place to attain desired outcomes. They work with individuals and their goals and objectives.

I so much admire the few Leaders I have been opportune to work with, they are always willing to try new things even if they may fail miserably. They know that failure is often a step on the path to success. Managers work to minimize risk. They seek to avoid or control problems rather than embracing them reason why most firm hire persons with such features.

What’s your take?
In my own opinion I will say that a manager is in the best position to manage a company or any business. But the manager must be someone that is vested with good managerial skills else he will not be able to deliver the intending results. Anybody can be a leader but anybody can never be a manager.

A leader manage company very well than a manager, cause a leader lead by example while a manager sit down and give an order. With a leader who does lead effectively the company is sure of making progress and be productive.

There is actually not much difference from a leader and a manager in actual sense. The major difference should be with the style of management and how they go about it. A manager follows strict organisational set up and rules but a leader is one who breaks those barriers.

The leader could also be the manager and vise versa. It depends on individual's capability. Some leaders can function better than their managers while some managers are way better than their leaders. Personal potentials and abilities plays a role here.

Leaders help organizations and people to grow, while a manager greatest accomplishment comes from making work processes more effective. Both are important but naturally. Leadership is ahead of management. A well-balanced organization has leadership at its base.

As for me both the leader and the manager runs business or company's well because both works better and to get better records but to me leader runs business properly because the owner won't be looking at his company getting ruined by anybody without acting faster on it

In a company, the job of a leader is to lead a company, provides money to finance the daily expenditure of the company while the job of a manager is to manage the employee and the facilities in the company, he promotes the daiky schedule , hire and coordinate employee, he also maintain budgets, so a manger is in the best position to manage a company well.

Neither...
We need both skillsets to run organisations. A few people are good at both others are better at one or the other.We need management skills to basically get things organised and working properly. Somebody needs to make sure that the shifts rosters are done, the supplies ordered etc.

A "manager" title usually indicates that you can build your own team, while a "lead" is often presented with a team that has to lead. ... Manager = does not necessarily have to specialize in the subjects, but manages to assign the people and resources needed to complete the tasks.

What’s your take?
All leaders are managers and not all managers are leaders. As a manager, you must learn a leadership skill which will obviously make you an outstanding manager. In any case, they both go hand in hand.

Well this is somehow an interesting question but given the choice between a leader and a manager to manage my business I'll be a professional manager to manage business because that was the main purpose for which they become a manager anyone can actually be a leader but not all person can become a manager and the other way around.

The two roles the laeder and a manager plays in an organisation cannot be overemphasied,the manager plays a critical role in ensuring a process is continously run through a strategy he will ensure for an objective to be achieved.
While a leader most times focuses on the individual performance and growth,He carries the job on an emotional level.

I think a manager has to be a leader to be a better manager and take the company to higher grounds. That is why one mist learn the right leadership skills especially when you are in a position to lead people.

A manager and a leader are slightly similar because they can run the same role interchangeably, before you claim the responsibilities of becoming a leader you must possess certain managerial qualities.in this note both manager and leader can run the business.
[automerge]1613216816[/automerge]
A manager and a leader are slightly similar because they can run the same role interchangeably, before you claim the responsibilities of becoming a leader you must possess certain managerial qualities.in this note both manager and leader can run the business.

What’s your take?
A leader is the owner if the business but the success of the manager goes a long way in fostering the business growth. So to me the manager is the brain behind the company progress and failure...he report back to the leader in the issues that need to be addressed

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds