Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

When would you quit to go full-time with YouTube?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
I've always wondered how the bigger YouTubers make this decision, how do you make that leap to go full-time with YouTube and quit the day job? I'm sure the logical point is to quit when YouTube allows you to make the same you would in your day job as at least you wouldn't be losing money at that point.

I always think though, if you're running around with a day job and then coming back to film/edit/plan etc. a load of videos as well, at which point does one take that preference. YouTube is always stable in terms of income in my eyes, all it takes a few videos to tank and maybe you've lost some revenue without the job to fall back on.

Anyway, I digress. When do you think you would take the leap to become a full-time YouTuber? What are your prerequisites before you would make that decision?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't think anybody can quit his job or business in order to go full time on YouTube. Even the celebrities that have billions of views on YouTube are still in music. I am not disregarding the fact that people make a lot of money from YouTube.

I would only leave a job to face another source of learning if I have played the cards with the business correctly and able to make something tangible from it.

When my YouTube channel was earning from Adsense monetization I was imagining to be earning $1,000 in a month. If that would happen then maybe I would have plans of concentrating on my video uploads so that I can reach double of that amount that can be my livelihood. Unfortunately the policy of minimum subscribers and watch hours cracked my dream.

When my YouTube channel was earning from Adsense monetization I was imagining to be earning $1,000 in a month. If that would happen then maybe I would have plans of concentrating on my video uploads so that I can reach double of that amount that can be my livelihood. Unfortunately the policy of minimum subscribers and watch hours cracked my dream.

And this is exactly why I do not consider Youtube as a quick way to earn money. Moreover, if I ever plan to make money using Youtube, I would require to buy expensive video-making softwares and wait for a long period of time for people to subcribe to my channel and gain views in order to qualify for monetization. On the other hand, there is always a fear of getting demonetized.

I've always wondered how the bigger YouTubers make this decision, how do you make that leap to go full-time with YouTube and quit the day job? I'm sure the logical point is to quit when YouTube allows you to make the same you would in your day job as at least you wouldn't be losing money at that point.

I always think though, if you're running around with a day job and then coming back to film/edit/plan etc. a load of videos as well, at which point does one take that preference. YouTube is always stable in terms of income in my eyes, all it takes a few videos to tank and maybe you've lost some revenue without the job to fall back on.

Anyway, I digress. When do you think you would take the leap to become a full-time YouTuber? What are your prerequisites before you would make that decision?
I think is only a blogger that could stop is blogging website and go full time to become a full YouTuber,and I don't think that would be possible as well, because he or she could redirect people to is blog site as well.

I think is only a blogger that could stop is blogging website and go full time to become a full YouTuber,and I don't think that would be possible as well, because he or she could redirect people to is blog site as well.

I really do not think that a blogger should stop blogging IF his/her blog is generating a good amount of traffic for him or her. The main thing about Youtube is that you can earn a good amount of money if you upload really high-quality content. I know various Youtubers who have GREAT content and they have hundreds of thousands of subscribers. I am sure they are earning a good amount of money. Most of these Youtubers also have their own websites.

I would decide to quit my offline job and concentrate on YouTube if I am earning enough there to pay my bills and sustain myself. Working offline can be so tiring and takes so much patience to wait for monthly salary. So having such alternative that pays well and you earn enough to sustain yourself while being your own boss is a great opportunity.

I would decide to quit my offline job and concentrate on YouTube if I am earning enough there to pay my bills and sustain myself. Working offline can be so tiring and takes so much patience to wait for monthly salary. So having such alternative that pays well and you earn enough to sustain yourself while being your own boss is a great opportunity.

I would not really recommend you to quite your offline job and rely only on Youtube to make money even if you are making a lots of money on Youtube. What if youtube demonetize your channel? What will you do then? So I would advise you to focus both on Youtube and your offline job in order to make a living.

You said when, well I have no intentions of going full time on YouTube because it isn't a part of my plans at all but one who has such plans would definitely reason that way, it all boils down to our goals but for me I don't see myself doing that

Quitting your offline business or job to becaise a full time YouTube is not an easy thing to-do when you don't know if the full time YouTube channel job will favour you more than the normal offline business.

In reply to your question in the above post concerning when i would quit to go full time on my youtube online, well I would quit when I can make at least ×2 of my salary consistently over a period and i would advise everyone else to do so too

In reply to your question in the above post concerning when i would quit to go full time on my youtube online, well I would quit when I can make at least ×2 of my salary consistently over a period and i would advise everyone else to do so too

But what would you do if Youtube demonetize you or take down your channel. In that case, you would have no source of income. This is the reason why I never advise anyone to quite his or her job just because he or she is earning from Youtube channel. Youtube is unpredictable and anything can happen there.

I am supporting your stand because of an adage that says "you must keep hold of what you have at hand until you get a better one, only then can you let it go". It's better manage anything you are owing either online or old line until YouTube pays you in big form before you quit your job.

If I were to be a YouTuber the only time that I would consider quitting my day job would be when I start earning something substantial and I feel that I can earn more than that going by the number of views I get on my videos.

If I were to be a YouTuber the only time that I would consider quitting my day job would be when I start earning something substantial and I feel that I can earn more than that going by the number of views I get on my videos.

Unfortunately, this takes a lot of time and effort. I am quite sure that for most of the people Youtube is not the primary source of income. It might be for some but not all the people rely on Youtube.

Unfortunately, this takes a lot of time and effort. I am quite sure that for most of the people Youtube is not the primary source of income. It might be for some but not all the people rely on Youtube.
youtube earning is not easy it may take a lot of time e and effort, people start their earnings through youtube with proper planing and patients,I think not all people are relying on youtube because it is tough to earn money and make an effort.

I don't have a YouTube channel but I have seen some youtubers talk about this before. Most stories I've heard from big youtubers is that they had the channel for about a year or two and focused a lot on getting consistent with videos, pre-filming as much as possible so they can upload regularly, and when their earnings got consistent enough and felt like they could become financially stable by putting more effort into it, that's when they took the leap and quit.
I think it's important though to have a plan B in case making videos stops being a viable option for some reason. Luckily though, more and more employers see a YouTube carreer as a valuable job experience on a CV.

The problem with youtube as all of as know is that you usually stop at 40 max in my opinion.And also you will not get a pension after you retire.So to go full time to youtube you have to make ton of thousands of dollars to actually quit your other job

The problem with youtube as all of as know is that you usually stop at 40 max in my opinion.And also you will not get a pension after you retire.So to go full time to youtube you have to make ton of thousands of dollars to actually quit your other job
I have not even had the time to set up a youtube channel and I am not even a channel administrator person so I do not really concentrate on the youtube page

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds