Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What's the difference between a successful manager and a failed manager??

Sorry to disagree with you. A manager mustn't always lead by example. I have worked where a manager comes later than anyone, you can't question him. A manager is there to make you work well and accordingly
You have a point there though. In most cases it is best and mush more easier for the manager to lead them by example as they would simply copy what he or she does but it is not the only way, like the example you gave. I have seen some cases whereby the manager is not always around but he produces good results because he has been able to produce people who can work for him even in his absence

Advertisement Placeholder
A successful manager knows how to think outside of the box. A successful manager knows how to tackle problems with creativity. They work very hard to achieve good results.

✔️Successful Manager: He watches you and advises you.
Failed Manager: Spying on you.

✔️Successful manager raises ideas.
❌ Failed manager raises nerves.

✔️Successful manager: His words are kind and polite.
Failed manager: his words are wrong and rude.

✔️Successful Manager: He wants people who suggest and develop.
❌ Failed manager: He wants individuals who submit to orders and do not discuss.

✔️Successful Manager: He directs you according to your abilities.
Failed Manager: He directs you according to his mood.

✔️ Successful manager: He treats people as human beings.
Failed manager: He treats them as his workers.

✔️Successful manager: interested in hearing your opinion of the work.
Failed Manager: He is interested in hearing your opinion about him.
The last company I worked for is currently have issues and according to the current staff is due to poor management. Like you state above he never listens to suggestions and opinions and thinks he knows all, takes critical decisions without consulting unit heads.

A successful manager is distinguished someone who has completely has a good plan and steps to keep the organizations or company to a higher level through the plans. While the Failed manager is a also someone who has no good planing in a particular organisation in other to bring change to become successful.

The main difference between a successful manager and a fail manager includes, his leadership style, if he is a power drank individual he will always see his subordinate as rivals.

Successful manager is a particular person who treats and implement the step to keep the company at high levels by creating a plans. While the failed Manager has different intensity to focus or to create such ways in other to upbringing the company to improvement.

A successful manager is usually capable of making the right decisions at the right time. He is the one who bears this without blaming the staff, and he is also capable of making quick decisions. The failed manager, on the other hand, finds it difficult to make decisions, especially during difficult times that necessitate strict decisions from him.

I know that many people will have different opinions on who is a successful or a failed manager. To me, a success manager is the one who has been able to utilize the available resources, both human and otherwise and come out successful while a failed manager is the opposite. It is just my opinion.

A successful manager is one, who set goals and achieves them. A successful manager is one who is able to direct and influence workers. A successful manager is one who keeps the office going. A successful manager is one who is able to replicate himself in the office, such that without him, workers can just execute tasks even without supervision. Anything short of the above, is a failed manager.

If the majority of staff and the management board members like the manager, we need to understand that the manager is fairly successful, and vice versa. A successful manager is someone who has managed to build steady market for the business.

The main difference between a successful manager and a fail manager includes, his leadership style, if he is a power drank individual he will always see his subordinate as rivals.
From your own point of view, do you think being power drunk as a manager to the point of seeing others as potential rival can cause failure? Being power drunk,I can agree to that to some extent as does working under the manager might not want to put in their best cause of his/behavior. Seeing others as rivals for the position of manager is another case. I see this as a fuel that pushes the manager to be creative at all times to produce better results so as not to loose his/her position to someone else. What is your opinion though?

The thread really got my attention and you have carefully stated the qualities of a good and bad manager without mincing words. It would be of great advantage if one could follow learn to have the relevant qualities that is required to be a very good manager.

I have actually found myself in a situation where the manager of our company was too bossy to the extent that no one liked him at all because he just keep barking orders without doing anything.

Nice one, one of the quality I have always observed about managers that are not able to take responsibility I always that they will always look for fault to blame other people for the mistake they are done,does spying on people by a manager really mean that the manager is irresponsible ?

My dear no person is failed due to some deficiency which may be overcome after sometime. There is a difference of judging the people by any employer or the manager. We must see the flaws of the manager and train him where he looks week in management.

You are right, the successful manager creates effective communication skills with the employees and is always empathetic in different situations, he makes sure to do things that improve the morale of the employees and make them happy, a successful manager always make sure that the team goals are achieved via strategic planning and always looking for ways to enhance the business growth, a failed manager is the opposite of all the above characteristics thereby killing the business gradually.

Successful managers doesn't make noise, they stay calm think about the future of their business with better strategies. Always care for his or her workers as big part of his progress in his or her business establishment.

You have made some very good points, I think a lot of qualities differentiate a good manager from a bad manager. It all comes down to characteristics, some managers don't care for the business, they are malicious, selfish and corrupt.
you've said it all,many unsuccessful managers are selfish and corrupt,a good manager is not corrupt ,he trys his possible best to help and make things to be successful.

Someone that is referred to being successful is a person who has actually succeeded, so I think it's safe to assume that a successful manager is someone who have made more achievements which is in contrast to a failed manger

There are some similarities between leadership and management and that is because both leaders and managers to pretend over the affairs of your organisation but the only difference between management and leaders is that the managers actually are involved in the running of the organisation and they give directions to the employees and workers in the business to move It forward.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds