Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What would you do if corruption was where you worked?

Well, the best you can do is just to mind your business and try to work and carryout your duties very efficiently. If you can't stop the corruption or rather say cause a change then you should try your best not to get influenced by it

Advertisement Placeholder
In a society where corruption has become the air they breathe, water they drink and food they eat. I'll turn a blind eye to it because reporting is needless as I will get dismissed or strictly sanctioned.
Very funny.
If it is a case where I am to join in such activities or lose my job, I would quit.
Who would the report be made to if the company owner is encouraging the practice.

I do not think there's is anything that is going to be more than making sure that the appropriate authorities get to know about what's happening. This helps avoid any future issues.

If i find corruption in my place of work.. I will literally mind my business because in some cases you may try reporting to the management and nothing comes up since you don't have a strong evidence.
There is new workplace in the world that doesn't have an act of corruption going on there which makes it's something that is very common because it is going to be very difficult to eliminate corruption from workplace is completely.

I agree, I think a lot of people feel morally obligated to report such occurrences or cases, if I was the one in this situation, I wouldn't think twice before reporting it to the appropriate authorities.
I may not even report because the manager may even be involving indirectly. I could remember when I reported a colleague that was diverting business' money, not knowing that the manager is the one that sent him to do so. I nearly lost my job that month before I willingly resign.

Well, the best you can do is just to mind your business and try to work and carryout your duties very efficiently. If you can't stop the corruption or rather say cause a change then you should try your best not to get influenced by it
Exposing some corruption here are dangerous and even if we have to do it we need to do it carefully to prevent the affect from affecting us, the best thing you have to do is either you quit or you are just silence and concentrate on what you are doing.

I may not even report because the manager may even be involved indirectly. I could remember when I reported a colleague that was diverting business' money, not knowing that the manager is the one that sent him to do so. I nearly lost my job that month before I willingly resign.
That is another way to look at it. It is crazy that you had to go through this, but there must be a higher authority or someway for them to be brought to book.

When it happens to be that I am working in a place were there is corruption, all I have to do is to report such case so that the organization will take Action on that.

If I find any kind of evidence of corruption within my workplace and definitely going to report it to the higher authority and then see how they handled it is. If it is not being handled well then I am definitely going to resign.

I will make sure to get necessary facts which will indicate that people are engaging in corruption in the workplace. I am going to use whistleblowing method to report a corruption case in the workplace. All You Need is to provide the facts which shows that people are engaging.

In a country wer corruption is a norm, you just don't know who to report to, for me I'll just ignore and try to mind my business, and just try not to be corrupted by the system
I believe that in every business set up there is always corruption that goes on there which is why if it's something that is found in my place of work I wouldn't really bother too much about it but try as much as I can to eliminate all possible corruption from my own desks of work.

It is not actually corruption but tax avoidance that I experienced. Our company was not paying the right amount of taxes to the government. It was a Japanese company that was easy to hit but I did not report it because I was concerned with the more than 30 employees. After a few months I left the company to avoid being implicated in the legal issue.

I will avoid whatever that will make me join them if l can't beat them. I try as much as possible to avoid any incriminating circumstances or situation and mind my own business. I would rather be content with what what l have than allowing myself to get swayed by corrupted officials.
Corruption is always in every business or government office ministry which you can really go and come with your head otherwise you want to die on work doesn't really concern you most of the time.

I do not want to be a part of a company where corruption is rampant, if I see a corruption, I will report to the concerned authorities and expect that the right actions will be taken. I cannot tolerate corruption

When it happens to be that I am working in a place were there is corruption, all I have to do is to report such case so that the organization will take Action on that.

Most of the time reporting corruption is not at all easy because your seniors might also be involved in corruption and you will get into deep trouble if you report their corruption.

Working as employee of a dictatorship country is a participation in crime in my opinion but what's we can do if there is only few jobs offered nowadays ?

In a country wer corruption is a norm, you just don't know who to report to, for me I'll just ignore and try to mind my business, and just try not to be corrupted by the system
Corruption is not supposed to be normal in any country. There is also corruption done in our country. It should not be done and tolerated. Corruption should be put to a stop. It is the reason why people are suffering poverty. Instead of money going to projects where many people can benefit from it only goes to corrupt pocket of individuals or people.

If there's corruption at the place I work. This is about the place I earn a living. I wouldn't want to jeopardize the relationship between myself and those that are involved in the corruption I would call them to notice that these things going on are not really good enough and if nothing is being done,I would call the management to it

Letting the authorities know what's happening is actually the best way forward because should anything go bad, they would definitely involve you too while investigating the matter.

Letting the authorities know what's happening is actually the best way forward because should anything go bad, they would definitely involve you too while investigating the matter.
In most cases , even the authority is full of corrupted people , in my opinion this is authority which encourage this in society just don't wait for them to punish corrupted people .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds