Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What would you do if corruption was where you worked?

The proper thing for one to do when corruption is all over where he or she does work... He or she should either report should case of corruption to the appropriate organization or keep quiet.
There is still another option. To avoid victimisation, you could simply resign and walk way to avoid being implicated one way or the other by those involved.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is still another option. To avoid victimisation, you could simply resign and walk way to avoid being implicated one way or the other by those involved.
I do not totally agree with that, except you have a place to go and continue working because you can not tell one to leave his work because of corruption and he do not have any source of earning.

If you became aware of corrupt activities at the company where you work, what would you do?

I would report it as much as I am able to. If nothing happens within a reasonable amount of time, I might end up looking for a job somewhere else.
Depending on the level of corruption and the level or my position in that organization. I.e if the corruption is on the door step of my boss,I wonder who I will have to report to that will not affect my job,except I have already make up my mind to resign then I can go for higher authority if not I will look away.

In my country , corruption has become a norm and everybody now take corruption as the normal way of life. This is very bad and it is exactly what landed us into the chaotic economic situation that we find ourselves. It is very good that one should make report to the appropriate bodies, if you notice any corrupt practices where you work.
Corruption is a thing that should not be allowed in the society and if I noticed that the company I worked for is corrupt, I will try to correct them and if I noticed that they are not yielding to correction, l may resign and report to the appropriate authority.
Corruption is a thing that should not be allowed in the society and if I noticed that the company I worked for is corrupt, I will try to correct them and if I noticed that they are not yielding to correction, l may resign and report to the appropriate authority.

Last edited:
It will be so uncultured for me to participate in that sort of thing. And sometimes you wouldn't even see a way of helping eradicate corruption in most organisation . sometimes it may be difficult for you to try to stop it as a single individual when others are not seeing it in your own point of view.

It will be so uncultured for me to participate in that sort of thing. And sometimes you wouldn't even see a way of helping eradicate corruption in most organisation . sometimes it may be difficult for you to try to stop it as a single individual when others are not seeing it in your own point of view.

Well, I will always be reluctant to work in such kind of environment, but I can understand that many people may have no choice but to work under such kind of environment. I would always try to avoid working in such kind of places.

There is always a new rules which I have adopt now for myself I think that if I experience any corruption in any business then I will stop working for that establishment for sometime,so I think that its important for someone to have his own operational policy.

There is always a new rules which I have adopt now for myself I think that if I experience any corruption in any business then I will stop working for that establishment for sometime,so I think that its important for someone to have his own operational policy.
I like your perspective a lot. However, most employees do not really know that corruption in workplaces takes very many forms and they might be involved in it daily without knowing.

If I work in a corrupt organisation, the best bet for me to do, is to resign honourably because I wouldn't want to involve myself in what will land me into trouble in the future.

The corruption exist almost everywhere in business but the level of corruption is going to be a very big I think if it makes the news and that is why I'm going to disassociate myself from it.

I will avoid whatever that will make me join them if l can't beat them. I try as much as possible to avoid any incriminating circumstances or situation and mind my own business. I would rather be content with what what l have than allowing myself to get swayed by corrupted officials.
One thing i have come to discover about some persons in an official settings that usually want to short change the process,is that they will secretly admire your quality and desposition and stands on moral issues.

In this century , corruption is almost every where in the world , even in the church and mosque and if care is not taken , you will be lured into the corruption act too , so the best thing is to stay away .

I would try to observe more for a while before I will report the case to the owner or will rather leave the job and get one as soon as possible

If you became aware of corrupt activities at the company where you work, what would you do?

I would report it as much as I am able to. If nothing happens within a reasonable amount of time, I might end up looking for a job somewhere else.
Well, I don't think that I can stand this CORRUPTION thing in my workplace. Why? Because, as someone is getting affected by it, the next time might be me. So automatically, I will report it to the people in authority.

It's a normal thing in life because corruption is almost every where in the working place tnroughout the country and sometimes the only thing you can do is avoid getting corrupted or rather report the act of corruption You have seen .

In a country wer corruption is a norm, you just don't know who to report to, for me I'll just ignore and try to mind my business, and just try not to be corrupted by the system
One thing i have come to discover about a system is that a society always gets what it deserve,you cannot expect to get a healthy teeth in a rotten mouth,it is not possible.A socity produces its kind.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds