Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

what motivates business owner the most: Experience or Failure?

As a business owner then talking on motivation, i think business owners get experience from failure or success in any business, but what really motivates business owner is failure, it will make them rethink and sit tight
I think it has to do with what the business owner thinks motivates him more,because it is different things for different folks,most persons do not want to see a repeat of what did;nt work and the strategise to prevent an occurance.

Advertisement Placeholder
Failure, for obvious reasons.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

Failure or Experience, which of the two motivate you to be successful ?
Experience would motivate me to be more succesful.
Failure is an experience itself. So if i fail at something, i dig out the reasons for such failure, and use it to my advantage.

When we talk about motivation, I think it's about those pleasant side of what you're doing which in most cases is the reason you're into such things. So I would say neither experience nor failure serves this purpose, they are just there to make you better in what you're doing

It depends on the individual involved as people can take motivation and inspiration from things we don't even expect. However , I believe that the fear of failure has made many people to redouble their efforts in order to succeed.

Both experience and failure are factors that plays a vital role when it comes to motivation in business, at a point the two can make you and the two can mar you.

I think both failure and experience can play a major role in the life of an entrepreneur. Experience give you the confidence that you can enter any niche and dominate them. Failure also give you the chance to learn a valuable lesson when it comes to business.

Both experience and failure are factors that plays a vital role when it comes to motivation in business, at a point the two can make you and the two can mar you.
If I may ask, what is the difference between failure and experience?. I have seen alot of people classify them as two different things. Personally I feel when we talk about experience, it includes your failures and success and every other thing you might have come across.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”

Failure in business makes one rethink about those things we think we know so much, and by doing that we learn a lot and never want to fail again.

Failure itself is an experience.
Personally, I get motivated to work harder and earn more when I experience success. Failure on the other hand would discourage me and it would take me time to rebound. When I succeed, and profits keep flowing in, I feel motivated to work more.

I think experience motivate most because failure at time weigh someone down especially if it beyond what can be rectified easily and immediately

I think those two motivates me to be successful in business. Although failure could be very hard but is called an experience over time cos failure today resorts to success tomorrow.

I think both failure and experience can play a major role in the life of an entrepreneur. Experience give you the confidence that you can enter any niche and dominate them. Failure also give you the chance to learn a valuable lesson when it comes to business.
There is no motivation in failure and people should stop saying it, if there is motivation in failure why will people who are losing in cryptocurrency decided to back off ? Why can't their failure make them to continue losing ?

I think mostly the experience motivates a business owner. After a failure is important to have the patience, the determination to move forward in life, and not to give up.

Yeah, both are really important. They always lead to something great for a person if they use them positively. Experience does create the confidence in trying something and failure teaches a lesson on things to avoid.

Failure in business motive me because I do see it as challenges, it will keeps my eyes on the area I made mistakes in the previous to make an amendment

Well, with failure you gain experience and you know where you went wrong and what not to do. however, many get lost after failing and giving up everything.

It can be very difficult to choose one over the other as both of them are very essential for building business. Experience is pretty much important whenever you want to take a decisive action in the business.

Failure to me is the same thing as experience and I'll say that business people learn more from experience because when they fail once that actually becomes an experience for them and they learn not to make the same mistakes again

I am usually motivated by both, but most times failure motivate me the more because i hate to fail and each time i fail i tell myself that i can do better than that and I go ovee and over again

As a business owner and an entrepreneur failure is what inspires me to keep on doing better. This is because I do not have any choice and by doing so I might end up in poverty.

As entrepreneurs it is good thing that we should be able to motivate ourselves and make us to keep moving forward. Yes, a lot of people if not everyone gets motivated to try harder at the first few times of failing. The motivation that comes with experience normally occurs when you are just starting out your business and have seen or learn from a lot of people who have done it before.
It is actually a fact that things we decide to put in place that did not go on right might be a motivating factor in terms of experience to push for success.But success sure has a great influence to motivate a business owner to climb to greater height.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds