Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

There is alot of similarities that exist between leadership and management that the difference is very minimal. Even though I may say both the two terms are interested in giving directives for the growth of an organisation but the difference is that the management deals with direct contact with those employees involved while leadership is indirectly.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is an adage in my country which says 10 eyes can see exactly as your own eye. you can just trust people with your business you have to monitor what they are doing. People tend to get lazy over time when they are not being monitored.
If you are talking about laziness obviously I will know because they won't be able to carry out the required activities for the day , but what of the cheating because that is the most important. Cheating can't be detected easily.

If you are talking about laziness obviously I will know because they won't be able to carry out the required activities for the day , but what of the cheating because that is the most important. Cheating can't be detected easily.
Someone who is lazy will definitely cheat on the system in the workplace. You just have to develop a seventh sense to detect detect laziness from afar. There is a chance is that a lazy person can also engage in corruption in the workplace.

I do not think there is much difference as a good manager is also a good leader and a good leader is also a good manager. I think the word leader and manager in the business community are just the wordplay.
The only thing that I know which is common between leadership and management is that both of them are structured in such a way to help the business achieve its goal and objectives.

A manager believes in planning, controlling, and seeing that the job is done but a leader leads by examples, works with the team makes sure every is being carried along.
This is why a lot of managers are always focused in the business instead of looking at joining into the leadership section because they have a lot of things they need to take care of for the business to be successful.

There is less or little differences between management and leadership, they are both target at meeting up to a goal and for the benefit of an organisation either publicly or been a private organisation.

Someone who is lazy will definitely cheat on the system in the workplace. You just have to develop a seventh sense to detect detect laziness from afar. There is a chance is that a lazy person can also engage in corruption in the workplace.
So you are indirectly advising that we should try to do away with people who we suspected to be lazy in his or her area of duty ? Sometimes all these things make me to believe that establishing a large business company is a very stressful activities.

So you are indirectly advising that we should try to do away with people who we suspected to be lazy in his or her area of duty ? Sometimes all these things make me to believe that establishing a large business company is a very stressful activities.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. let me ask you is there any money making with that does not come with a stress in one way or the other? You have to put in some effort which brings about stairs along the way when you want to make money both online and offline.

There is less or little differences between management and leadership, they are both target at meeting up to a goal and for the benefit of an organisation either publicly or been a private organisation.
Management and leadership are similar in most ways , I believe they both work on the betterment of the organisation by creating a target and making sure the target at met at the end of the time.

Nothing ventured nothing gained. let me ask you is there any money making with that does not come with a stress in one way or the other? You have to put in some effort which brings about stairs along the way when you want to make money both online and offline.
That means if you have an opportunity to be a manager then your employees are not likely to rest because you always look for an opportunity to have them doing things on daily basics.. because if the rest you will task them as lazy.

That means if you have an opportunity to be a manager then your employees are not likely to rest because you always look for an opportunity to have them doing things on daily basics.. because if the rest you will task them as lazy.
Why wouldn't I allow them to rest? It seems you are taking my comments on a wrong note. Perhaps we have different definition for laziness. There are some people that if you give them 20 minutes to work on a project they will manage to do it in 6 minutes while they rest and do nothing for the next 16 minutes.

The different between leadership and management is not something too beyond differenciate because in some organization manager is also take alot of responsibilities that laid and which are also necessary to handle.
When it comes to taking responsibility of everything that happens in the business it is actually the manager who that responsibility falls upon because he is the one in charge of everything that goes on in the company and reports to the management.

Why wouldn't I allow them to rest? It seems you are taking my comments on a wrong note. Perhaps we have different definition for laziness. There are some people that if you give them 20 minutes to work on a project they will manage to do it in 6 minutes while they rest and do nothing for the next 16 minutes.
Hahahhahahhaha, well in this case then that's not the best because the six-minute they are using to deliver the work you have told him to do may not actually be the best because they won't really take their time to make sure they deliver the best results , that is it. Omo.

A manager should be a good leader so both of them work together because manager manage the company and also to leader the people in the company very well,

Managers focus on proper planning, implementation, risk MGMT, etc. while leaders spend their time drawing big pictures, inspiring and motivating people.

Leadership create a brighter future for the company and create a plan to ensure how to achieve it. It is the work of the management to make sure that people are following the daily activities to achieve the set goals.

Management skills are used to plan, create, and control organizational structures in order to achieve objectives and goals, whereas leadership skills are used to focus on a possible change by creating direction, aligning people, and motivating and inspiring others.
The good thing that I like about both management and leadership is that both of them are targeted towards helping the business develop successfully and meet their goals and objective.

I agree with you, there's a vacuum in the job space recently mainly because employees are quitting to set up something for themselves because they had more of a manager than a leader who would lead by example.
Once a company have a competent business manager it is always going to be a good advantage for the company because they are business transaction will always be very smooth.

A good and competent manager in a company is always a blessing tonthe organisation because he makes sure the company does not lack in any way and monitor the affairs of the company.

Management is the process of running the day to day activities of an organization while leadership encompasses all processes that determines the success or effectiveness of an organization.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds