Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

The difference between leadership and management is not something too far from each other even though a manager can also be refer to as a leader in some organisations but in some a leader can be considered as the entrepreneur while a manager is that who is employed by the entrepreneur to direct the affairs of an organisation.
A lot of people are not actually good when it comes to being in leadership position which is why they prefer being in the management position where they work according to instructions of the superiors.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would say that management is saddled with the responsibility of getting things done and leadership is the building up of team to achieve things that needs to be done.

The fundamental part of business management can be learnt from the school. But it is very important to have real-world experience on how to apply things learnt in the school. Application of the business management is very important in the corporate world.
Some people are fun of hiring a business manager to take over their business most especially those that are insecure that they may not be able to handle their business alone. I don't even know if this is always the best option because a manager you are hiring may even use your ignorance against you.

Some people are fun of hiring a business manager to take over their business most especially those that are insecure that they may not be able to handle their business alone. I don't even know if this is always the best option because a manager you are hiring may even use your ignorance against you.
This is the reason why it is very important to have basic knowledge about management in order to avoid that. You must always have the manager to explain things in the basic time you understand. Then you verify the claim with one of your Mastermind who is also a manager in another company.

This is the reason why it is very important to have basic knowledge about management in order to avoid that. You must always have the manager to explain things in the basic time you understand. Then you verify the claim with one of your Mastermind who is also a manager in another company.
Basic knowledge alone won't really prevent you from hiring people into your business, sometimes you may have a lot of other activities to concentrate on in your life . you may decide to hire people to carry on from where you stop just for you to avoid having direct contact with the stress of the business

Well there are similarities between them as both involves leading a set of people, a good manager controls the tempo and not in a bossy kind of way while every good leaders should lead by example

Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and control
Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and contro
Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and contro

Last edited:
A manager believes in planning, controlling, and seeing that the job is done but a leader leads by examples, works with the team makes sure every is being carried along.
On point. To expanciate more, a manager is someone who likes to get the job done following set rules and guidelines but a leader is someone who makes sure to carry everyone along to complete set tasks.

Nice description. But I believe a business needs more of a leader than a manager. It's evident in the businesses around us. Most managers don't even partake in the business
There is nobody business manager is not involved in the business because it is his teacher to actually control and direct all the business activities to make sure everything goes according to plan.

The difference between the management and leadership is very clear in some instances I will consider management as dealings with financial aspects or institutions of an organisation while the leadership deals with both the financial and administrative institutions.

Basic knowledge alone won't really prevent you from hiring people into your business, sometimes you may have a lot of other activities to concentrate on in your life . you may decide to hire people to carry on from where you stop just for you to avoid having direct contact with the stress of the business
I agree with you but it will be very difficult for you to measure the level of progress if you don't really know what the person is doing for you. The person you are a must be doing is you are best for you are you might think is nothing when you don't have any knowledge about the whole process.

Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success.
One of the great qualities that can actually make one to be describe as a leader is his ability to influence others by his own action,and not just byseating down and giving out instructions to the employees and his subordinates in the organisation.

Leadership is very essential for preparing the business and human resources to achieve a greater goal for the company. Management on the other hand ensure the day-to-day activities of the business are on the right track to achieve the vision of the leadership of the company.

This is exactly the same question our financial management lecturer asked us few weeks ago. When looking at the two, they look alike but there are difference. Managers achieve their goal with and through others through: planning, organising, directing etc.

Nice description. But I believe a business needs more of a leader than a manager. It's evident in the businesses around us. Most managers don't even partake in the business
Even if a leader is necessary in a company I believe that the manager is an indispensable position in the company because he's actually the one that go oversees the day-to-day running of the business.

The different between leadership and management is not something too beyond differenciate because in some organization manager is also take alot of responsibilities that laid and which are also necessary to handle.
The head of the company or the business who is actually the leader is the one that bears the responsibility of anything that goes wrong in the business which makes him someone that cannot be dispensed from the business.

There is low level difference between the two, management has to deal with organisation of financial institutions while the later has to do with the organisation of both the financial and administrative institutions in an organisation.

Personally in my own opinion I believe that the manager will always have to report to the leader complain because the final decision on everything comes through is table.

I agree with you but it will be very difficult for you to measure the level of progress if you don't really know what the person is doing for you. The person you are a must be doing is you are best for you are you might think is nothing when you don't have any knowledge about the whole process.
If I am hiring people into my business , I will not let everything be on the person but I will always make sure I monitor what the person is doing in my business, generally you can't let your business out for people without proper management.

If I am hiring people into my business , I will not let everything be on the person but I will always make sure I monitor what the person is doing in my business, generally you can't let your business out for people without proper management.
There is an adage in my country which says 10 eyes can see exactly as your own eye. you can just trust people with your business you have to monitor what they are doing. People tend to get lazy over time when they are not being monitored.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds