Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

A manager is a person only managing a business to a common goal, while a leader is someone how is always thinking about the future of the business. A business needs a leader more than a manager.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, from my own perspective I think a manager is someone who has come into maybe a business to leave it better than he found it while a leaders purpose is actually to get or help a group of individuals to get to a particular goal or target.

Well the difference is not that very much because all aimed at the same improvement of an organisation that's to say management deals with the running of the daily day activities of the organisation and so also leadership is the act of governing the organisation either indirectly or directly.

Leadership is about getting people to understand and believe in your vidion and to work with you to achieve your goals while managing is more about administering and making sure the day-to-day things are happening as they should

That is true. A manager is there to ensure that people do the bare minimum requirements. But a leader just encourages people to do what is right. So anyone in a company, even the smallest ranked employee can be a leader. And a manager can combine management and leadership skills to ensure that workers do their best at work.

For me, management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual’s ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and control.

In India, M.K. Gandhi inspired millions of people to fight for their rights, and he walked shoulder to shoulder with them so India could achieve independence in 1947. His vision became everyone’s dream and ensured that the country’s push for independence was unstoppable. The world needs leaders like him who can think beyond problems, have a vision, and inspire people to convert challenges into opportunities, a step at a time.

The difference between management and leadership seriously depends on how individuals try to understand and the motives on how this two word are used in the business organisation. to some extent I sees it as the same thing this is because they aimed at the perfection of an organisation.

Even though I don't have any experience on managerial or leadership skills, but I do know that managing and leading is not only in businesses but also one's personal life, so I am willing to learn these skills. And I have learnt from all the comments so far. Thanks for sharing.

Management is getting things done through people, while leadership is the process of influencing people to a desired direction. Management is associated with subordinates, while leadership is associated with followers hip. Management concept can be found in business organizations, while Leadership can be found in other environment like the political scene, etc.

Management has to do with company to see the need in the company, while a good leader takes good take of the company and to manage it very well.

management means looking for day to day operation, where s leadership means determining a course of actions. However, in many cases, the division between the manager and leader diminish

management means looking for day to day operation, where s leadership means determining a course of actions. However, in many cases, the division between the manager and leader diminish
Based on your definition, I have seen a situation whereby a manager is in charge of making decisions and determines certain course of actions like you have said. how would you classify such manager?

The truth is that a manager can still be seen as a leader as well when he does his job very well. A manager can carry the rest of the staff well and that makes him a good leader as well.

Management involves monitoring or giving orders to a team or to workers for purpose of achieving goals but in leadership, the leader is expected to give motivation and influence the employees, such influence and motivation will gear them towards contributing immensely for the rapid growth of the organization. Like you have said the leadership will definitely involve encouraging others and boosting their morale to get things done effectively.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.
Thanks for your explanation, what I have also observe about both of them is that being a leader is always very difficult because the people you are leading will not gain anything like monthly salary and as a result what you will persuade them to do they will only do it at will ,whereas it is completely the other way around as a manager

leadership and management are two different things that might sounds same management is like managing and organisation but leadership is leading and putting people through various things
that's very true, leadership is leading but not only leading but directing and showing but management is controlling and putting things in a good order, management and leadership are two different things that seems to be the same.

The two words or terms are almost synonymous but the difference between them still exists. Management is like when a stuff is left under your care and you are expected to leave it better than you saw it while leadership is more like helping a group of individuals with similar goal reach their objectives

The only thing both leadership and mamagement has in common is that they both aim at leading. But most time, a leaders must have managerial skill to manage people while a manager as well must have a leadership skill to lead groups of people.

leadership and management, leadership is leading and or giving orders to people yo be on the right path , while management is act of running and controlling a business .

There are some similarities between leadership and management and that is because both leaders and managers to pretend over the affairs of your organisation but the only difference between management and leaders is that the managers actually are involved in the running of the organisation and they give directions to the employees and workers in the business to move It forward.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds