Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.
The difference between management and leaders is way too much but if they ask me which one I prefer to work with I will always go for a leader in business all because they will always motivate me to do more in the end.

Advertisement Placeholder

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.
I think the way i see management is a structured form of applying procedural operations,where planning,organising and cordinations of task are supposed to be properlly allign with a given guideline.But in leadership,skills and tack as well as human relations has to come in play here,to inspire and motivate through the principles of leading by example.

Talking about management it has to do with being in full control of things around you most especially people and resources while leadership has to do with you guiding and directing people

A manager may have power over others, but this does not automatically make them a leader. A leader is someone who can encourage a group and persuade others to support his or her vision or aims.

A manager may have power over others, but this does not automatically make them a leader. A leader is someone who can encourage a group and persuade others to support his or her vision or aims.
when I first see this thread I was a bit confuse but if you can compare a quality of leadership with that of manager I beleive there is no much difference so for me I think that a manager is a leader in his own field of decipline since he can lead the organization

OK let me make an illustration not all fathers can be called daddy, but it's all daddies that is called father. The same with the manager and the leader. Not all manager are great leaders but it's leaders that are good managers

A manager makes decisions and assign duties to workers and several employees in a business or company. But a leader has more roles than that. He makes things good when they are not.

To my own perspective, leadership is about motivating people to comprehend and believe in the vision you set for the company and to work with you on achieving your goals. While management is more about administering the work and ensuring the day-to-day activities are getting done as they should.

Management and leadership are almost the same word in the sense that both the two are inclusive of business enterprise and the primary aimed is to direct and organisation towards achieving a specific goal.

Leadership does not need protocol to get the followership. But management need this set of protocol to be obeyed. A leader is someone that has an overiding influence over people without much convincing

A manager plans, controls, organizes while a leader carries his members along and shows good examples

Leadership is an attribute in a person. The leader directs and guides his people on being active on their purpose within the company. Management is a kind of system in place that ensures the work is continuing smoothly and that it keeps the purpose of the company alive.

You have said it all. Leadership supercedes a Manager because the quility of managing both people and resources are well groomed in leaders

I have reasons to believe that leadership supersedes management when it comes to how a business organisation is set up because the leadership is the Apex of the company. A leader is one who oversee how the management works for the company.

The only difference between Manager and the leadership is just a huge something, The Manager is person who controls and monitoring the affairs of organizations or companies.

In a company, Management has to do with managing resources and the work force including human resources in the company while leadership has to do with leading the company directly or indirectly.

Leadership is been carried out by the owner of the company, but a staff can be a great leader and they make him ghe head of management

Management is taking care of a company in society or an institution why leadership is guiding a company or an institution to achieve a goal which is necessary for the growth and development of that organisation

Management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success. Influence and inspiration separate leaders from managers, not power and control.

Difference between Management and leadership,the two is intertwined and cannot be divorced from each other. Management Is to coordinate, control,plan,direct the organisation while leadership is the skills needed to achieve it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds