Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the difference between management and leadership?

I believe every leader can manage, but not all managers make good leaders.
managers can control resources unto production
A leader does almost the same thing to achieve whatever goal.

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.

Advertisement Placeholder
leadership and management are two different things that might sounds same management is like managing and organisation but leadership is leading and putting people through various things

Management and leadership is almost the same in its function but not same in the actual context. Management has to do with managing people or business to maintain peace and tranquility same as to leadership, but in leadership one will need to be a little bit firm.

I think the difference, is that if you manage, you only get people willing to do only the bare minimum of their job. Someone with leadership qualities will do their best to help encourage people to do more than the bare minimum, and perhaps even seek to go above and beyond.
Management has more to do with delegating duties to different persons while leadership doesn't just delegate duties but also involves in the duties. Sort of showing by doing.
I will say that "all leadership is management but not all management is leadership".

To my opinion I dont see any difference between the two concepts of management and leadership because all perform the same function aiming at a particular goal of which is expected to be achieved in the future.

Well let me start with management are people that makes dicision for the company or organisation while a leader might not be in the management but carries the company's burden.

Management and leadership can have differences in terms of administration in the sense that the ability of leadership is to supervise the activities of the management who are involved in the day to day business transactions while the management involved direct control of an organisation.

Controlling a group or a set of entities to achieve a goal is what management entails. Leadership is defined as an individual's capacity to influence, motivate, and allow others to contribute to the success of an organization.

When you talk about management we talking about the running of the day to day business activities...he or she makes sure everything concerning the business are been done rightly buh leadership here means leading by example doing things for others to see and do same

I think one major difference is that when it comes to management, your duty is to make sure all resources, humans included are used to the maximum to achieve good results. While leadership on the other hand is you serving, setting for an example for your followers to copy, it also have to do with working with their weak points as well

A leader leads and manages as well. Managing requires the effective running of the organization and this is one of the core duties of a leader. The way a leader manages a company proves his leadership prowess.
I would love to believe a leader can be a good manager but manager can never be a good leader. Businesses needs leaders more, but manager are quite good at their jobs

A manager is one who organise,make decisions, arrange coordinate the affairs of the organization, leadership sometimes come from inner ability

Manager is a particular person who has the superior to control and monitoring the company or an organizational affairs. While a leader is an individual responsibility to influence and motivates fellowers under you

Management has to do with managing and developing resources and talent in a company while leadership deals with effectively leading the company or business.

There are different in them cos leader set rules or command and make sure everythings are in other while manager manage every affair of the company

Leadership is defined as governing the affairs of followers under a circumstance of you. While manager is to run and monitor the affairs of organizations.

When we talk about management,it as to do with ability to use the available resources to yield positive results and leadership is a geniuene and responsible lifestyle that tends to change people ideal about negativity

Management has something to do with managing a group of persons and organisations for the purpose of achieving a goal. While leadership has to do with the ability to get people do what you inspire them to do

I think management consists of controlling a group or a set of entities to accomplish a goal. Leadership refers to an individual's ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute toward organizational success

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds