Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is the best age to become a manager?

Becoming a manager of a company or organization I think it has no issues with number of age but is only experience needed to become a manager also to under go the training as well.

Do you really think that someone so young would be able to fit in the job role of manager? Even in the lower post rank, the pressure that it comes with is too much. What can one so young be able to do?

Advertisement Placeholder
Seriously, I would give a managerial position to anyone that young in age. He's not going to be able to handle the pressure that comes with the job. A manager to be should be at least 28 years upwards.
28 years? Lol. It's not really about higher number in age but the maturity and leadership skills exhibited which most likely might not be found in an 18 year old teenager

28 years? Lol. It's not really about higher number in age but the maturity and leadership skills exhibited which most likely might not be found in an 18 year old teenager
Yes, I do agree with you on this that it's not all about being older but it's more less likely that a kid of 18 will posses such leadership skills. There might be one out there in world but I haven't seen any yet.

I agree I think as soon as you become of age, you should learn or try and take up the role, to better yourself and also gain some much-needed knowledge as you move on.

Yes, I do agree with you on this that it's not all about being older but it's more less likely that a kid of 18 will posses such leadership skills. There might be one out there in world but I haven't seen any yet.
The world we're in now is full of surprises, we've seen children rapidly developing more than ever before so it wouldn't be a new thing if I hear about a smart child some where.

To an extent, I would understand a 20 year old to be good fit for a manager position in a company when he's shown the skills required to carry out the job from his previous experience on the job.

The research, conducted at the University of Haifa in Israel, defined a manager’s professional vitality as the ability to both carry out tasks with passion, vigor and competence, and to gain satisfaction from his or her work performance. The researchers specifically examined the functionality of high-tech, engineering and infrastructure executives. "The advantages and disadvantages of taking on mature employees have been widely debated over the past few years," the researchers said. "This new study now shows that in terms of vitality, advancing age plays a significant role."

The researchers set out to examine which factors are related to professional vitality and whether that vitality interrelates with a manager’s career.

There's no specific age for becoming a manger, but personally i feel as long as the person is above 18years then he/ she should be able to manage any business well enough.

Is there really any such thing as the best age for anyone to become a manager anywhere? Well, I believe if you're talking about some organisation, there are obviously stipulated age limit they would allow for anyone to become manager

Things are quite different over here. Some people at that age range are still in hundred level in university. I think 30 and above is mature enough to be manager over here.

A little child might have the intellectual capacity to solve a problem but might lack the coordination of handling issues so I feel the best time is when the person is above 20years

Based on my time in the Labour market and work experience, I wouldn't say that there is an actual age best of all to become a manager because being a manager is more about your capabilities rather than your age.

Yes, am in support of what you just said. 20 years above could be a manger but enough training is required. Managerial skills are not to be estimated with any age.

The world we're in now is full of surprises, we've seen children rapidly developing more than ever before so it wouldn't be a new thing if I hear about a smart child some where.

I have actually heard a lot of things about this lately but my problem is that I have never seen any with my two eyes which makes it very hard for me to believe it. Maybe it's because of where I'm located, but until then, I believe the older the better for the post of office manager.

There's no specific age to becoming a manager - it all depends on your mental capabilities and willingness to lead. Maturity isn't about age. You can see someone so young yet act so mature and command respect

Yes, age does not really matter. There are many people who are much old but they do not have the ability to manage a business. It all depends on the ability rather than age. education is also a very important factor.

It doesn't necessarily have to do with ones age but ones capabilities. I even believe that younger people are always best to handle businesses more than the older folks as they always seem for modernized way to running their business

Yes, age does not really matter. There are many people who are much old but they do not have the ability to manage a business. It all depends on the ability rather than age. education is also a very important factor.
Imagining an illiterate being the manger of a company? What direction would he take the company to? It's not realistic at all. It will be the worst mistake any company would make by offering one who's not educated to be their business manager.

To be a manager doesn't really matter the aga what really matters if actually if the person can be to carry the task, and also to make the business successful that is really important.

Becoming a manager has nothing to do with age but it only depends on the type of business one is managing. A teenager can manage a little business that doesn't have staffs but at the same time if he/she has the IQ of managing a wide company then it's possible.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds