Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What is target audience and how do you define and get them?

Your target market is a specific individual for whom your products are intended. Companies that manufacture toys, kids are their target audience, adults are others that manufacture cars. Some businesses target audiences across borders and boundaries, producing products that are used by children, men, women, old and young people.

Advertisement Placeholder
Target audience is the specific set of people a company want to reach with your products or services. They are the set of people that are always interested in your products regardless of of your competitors

Let's say you are producing jewelries, everyone knows which gender use jewelries the most so you know that you are targeting women with your services.
So you advertise your business in a place where you know women are, you can go to an all men's place and advertise earrings and the likes.
This is what target audience is all about in a business.

Basically the targeted audience is that for whom you set a target in marketing your products or selling your products. For this purpose it can be from a specific area relating to that product. In this regard the team doesn't go out of their specific area.

Alot of times when I ask Business Owners "What is your target market?" Most of them say things like" Everybody . I'm selling bags and shoes, everybody needs bags and shoes" I just laugh because your target market can't be everybody, I mean there seven billion people living in the world,and trust meet not everybody thinks alike or like the same things.

HERE'S A SIMPLE WAY TO DEFINE YOUR TARGET MARKET;
Find a minimum of 5 people who are interested in your products; five people who will love to buy your products. (the number could be more, 5 is a minimum) Then, proceed to carry out some research. Find their motivation, Pains, Hopes, Likes, Dislikes, Doubts, How they think; practically find out everything you can about them, and then, connect the dots. This will give you an idea of what your model customer should look like. When you know this, you will be able to structure your marketing message to speak directly to them. So, they know that you are someone that understands them and what they want.
Target audience in business advertising or marketing is the type of audience you look for that are related to the type of business or services you offer. You get target audience on major social media platforms as you can find.

Target audience are those set of people that your product is made for and their needs is the reason(s) your business exist.
To find them for a small business who intended to penetrate an already saturated market, creating a niche is the way to go

For me.it would be the who needs your the most? For example your business is Bags and shoes then i would say my target market will be Students since they're the ones who mostly use bags and depending what kind of shoes you're selling is it for athletes or just for everyday fashion needs? You can totally pick that up from there.

When I started affiliate marketing, that's when I realized how important it is to get your target market right.

And even though everyone talks about it and how it's done, it's tough to get it right, and to stick to that market if care is not taken.

A target market is a group of customers within a business's serviceable available market at which a business aims its marketing efforts and resources. You have to find people that are in need of your products or service and work along with them

A social media target audience is the specific group of people you want to reach with your social channels. They are the people who are most likely to be interested in your content, products, or services.Communication is the powerful tool to convince anyone.

Here are simple ways to get your target audience.
  1. Analyze your customer Base and Carry Out Client Interviews. ...
  2. Conduct Market Research and Identify Industry Trends. ...
  3. Analyze Competitors. ...
  4. Create Personas. ...
  5. Define who your target audience is ...
  6. Continuously Revise. ...
  7. Use Google Analytics.

I first started out in marketing, I thought traffic was everything.

I wanted to be as big as companies like HubSpot. Just look at the image above and you’ll see how many visitors they are getting.

They generate 29.61 million visitors a month from 11.74 million people. And those visitors produce roughly 10 billion dollars of market cap.

Now, let’s look at NeilPatel.com. Can you guess how many visitors I’m getting each month?

Your target audience are specific people which your products are meant for. Companies who produce toys, their target audience are the children, others that produce cars their target audience are adults. Some companies target audience cross beyond boards and boundaries, they produce products that both children, men, women, old and young make use of.

Target market has to do with the potential customers that you are will to sell your product to. They define a business. They are the ones that determine the continuity of a business. A company's target market must be one in which their products can satisfy.
Finding a target market is a strategic thing to do. You have to find people who can be beneficiaries of your product.

Target audience is like the number/estimate of people you hope to reach out too once your product is marketed. Not all the people that see your products will patronize. Some will reach out to you to try out your products. You maybe selling one or two products, but this will help you to know which has more demand. Defining your audience will be determined by surveys that you would conduct that way you know what the customers really want and you can give them optimum satisfaction.

Target audience are those specific customers the product you are trying to produce is trying to reach for example a primary school target audience would be children below age of ten, you can get target audience by making research and doing advertisements.

audience refers to the specific group of consumers most likely to want your product or service, and therefore, the group of people who should see your ad campaigns. Target audience may be dictated by age, gender, income, location, interests or a myriad of other factors.

Targeted audience dépends on the nature of the business. For instance, a land business is solely for business and working people. Where to get them is from one office to another. And talking about business owners, one need to go to the market to get them. A student related business like cyber Cafe and business center, one would go to school environment to get them. So targeted audience depends on the type of business.

The buying process is in the hands of the customer, and marketers must create targeted, personalized experiences for people if they want to be the one to grab their attention among a sea of brands and advertisers. When marketers have a comprehensive understanding of their ideal buyer, they can make more informed decisions about media, messaging, and timing.

Alot of times when I ask Business Owners "What is your target market?" Most of them say things like" Everybody . I'm selling bags and shoes, everybody needs bags and shoes" I just laugh because your target market can't be everybody, I mean there seven billion people living in the world,and trust meet not everybody thinks alike or like the same things.

HERE'S A SIMPLE WAY TO DEFINE YOUR TARGET MARKET;
Find a minimum of 5 people who are interested in your products; five people who will love to buy your products. (the number could be more, 5 is a minimum) Then, proceed to carry out some research. Find their motivation, Pains, Hopes, Likes, Dislikes, Doubts, How they think; practically find out everything you can about them, and then, connect the dots. This will give you an idea of what your model customer should look like. When you know this, you will be able to structure your marketing message to speak directly to them. So, they know that you are someone that understands them and what they want.
Very well explained. Finding a target audience or client must be in a niche. But because of social media, people who have access to it are easier to find a target audience here. You just have to have the convincing power to get inside them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds