Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

As the owner of a business , you have the opportunity of dictating what you think is right and wrong and also have the final decision on your business without anybody disturbing you.
Been your own boss gives you all the opportunity and authority to decide on what best or good for your business and helped you to expand your business as you wish.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the answer to this question lies in the definition of sole proprietorship, it's a kind of business that's managed by just one person who makes the business decisions and also "enjoys the profit from the business alone and as well suffer the losses and challenges alone"
This is actually very correct because when you are running a business on a sole proprietorship business you are definitely running the business as your own boss and everything about the business runs through you.

The Advantage and the disadvantage of being your own boss.
The advantages are;
you can make use of your own time.
you can have a flexible schedule.
you can follow your own instincts.
you are not answerable to any third person.
you can maintain a good work balance.
you don't have to try to impress anyone.
you have more self confidence and more job satisfaction.
THE REVERSE IS THE CASE AS IT HAS TO DO WITH WORKING FOR SOMEONE.

The disadvantages are;
you might feel alone.
you won't have someone to guide you.
your income is unlikely to be very steady.
it often involves working around the clock.
Personally I don't really care about feeling alone when it comes to being my own boss as long as I'm making enough money for myself I can always make friends whenever I want.

This is actually very correct because when you are running a business on a sole proprietorship business you are definitely running the business as your own boss and everything about the business runs through you.
Yeah, that's it. Sole proprietorship is actually a good example of someone who's his own boss in a business and whatever his decisions are will determine whether or not he will make profits. And the outcome of his decision, he bears it or enjoy it alone.

One of the disadvantages of being your own boss is that you will shoulder the responsibilities of taking all the drastic decisions in the company alone and also takes the blame .

There are so many advantages associated with been your own boss depending on the kind of business you handle. You have every freedom of movement and then financial freedom also.

The disadvantages of being a sole proprietorship is that when you need fund for the business and you are not financial capable , you have to go and get a loan which might be dangerous.
Yeah, that's it. Sole proprietorship is actually a good example of someone who's his own boss in a business and whatever his decisions are will determine whether or not he will make profits. And the outcome of his decision, he bears it or enjoy it alone.

The advantages is that you will be able to work at your own pace and you will likely make more money. On the contrary, you will have lots of responsibilities to take care of.

If you are somebody who has the right creation ability then becoming your own boss is actually going to give you the power to be able to create product and sell them . You can also be able to work at your own pace in such a way that you do not need to go to the office at an appointed time.

The advantage of being my won boss is that i will have the opportunity of going to my place of work anytime without getting a query from anyone , i can think and reason on how to develop my business .

I haven't really seen any disadvantage In been your own boss. As someone who owns a business you are at liberty to make decisions that affect your business when you see the need to without having to consult anyone for permission.

The advantages of being a boss outweighs the disadvantages. The advantages is that you will make more money. The major disadvantages is that you will bear the risk alone too.

The advantages of being a boss outweighs the disadvantages. The advantages is that you will make more money. The major disadvantages is that you will bear the risk alone too.
The advantage of being your own boss is far more better than the disadvantages, one of the advantage is that you have the ability to decide and your decision will stand, you have all the gain in the business to yourself.

One of the biggest advantages of becoming your own boss is that you are going to be setting your own timetable . What this means is that you are not going to be under anybody Shadow and you are going to work based on your own rules and also on your own pace.

The advantage of being your own boss is far more better than the disadvantages, one of the advantage is that you have the ability to decide and your decision will stand, you have all the gain in the business to yourself.
Normally, the advantages of having a self established business outweigh the disadvantages because you will gain more than the challenges that you will come across.

One of the biggest disadvantages of becoming your own boss is that you are not going to be getting regular income like the way it is before. When you are working for somebody else there is a guarantee that you are going to be making money every single month but that is not the case with working by yourself.

It depends on the ki d of business you are doing, but whatever business it is, been your own boss makes you to work hard in order for the business to stand, the late closing and extra workload on your desk. One of the good side of it is that, you can decide for yourself.

Being your own boss is the best thing you can ever acheived in life , and it gives you the advantages of making drastic decisions concerning your business and having a total control of everything.

Well I don't see any more advantages other than the ones you mentioned but one of the disadvantages is one if the advantages as well
Deciding everything you need to be smart and be able to take on that responsibility
But if you have a boss he will give you your missions accurately

The major advantage of being your own boss in a business that all decisions making will be yours to make and all the profits will be mine but the disadvantage for me is that I hardly save money, when I have money I spend it unnecessaryly

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds