Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

Let's take like today, it is a rainy day and I can't go out under the rain. I stay at home till when I am comfortable going out because I am the boss. If I was an employee, whether rain or shine, I must report at my place of work.

Advertisement Placeholder
The advantage of being the boss of your business is the 100% commitment you will applied in order to make your business a successful one. The disadvantage might be on lack of experiences which is one of the reasons why peoples employ others to run their business.

This is usually how it is when it comes to running your own business completely on your own because every aspect of that business activities is going to be carried out by you and once you don't deliver the business will suffer.

Flexibility in terms of choosing your own work hours and schedule is one of the benefits. the capacity to decide for yourself in business. possibility of bigger earnings with successful business endeavors selecting collaborators and tasks to undertake being able to follow your hobbies and passions.
You have a point there, if you have a business or a job that is your hobby you are going to enjoy it, because you'll always have this passion for the business.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
The advantages of being your own boss is that you do not have to work under someone and the disadvantage is that you are likely to make wrong decisions at times.

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
The advantages of being your own boss is that you do not have to work under someone and the disadvantage is that you are likely to make wrong decisions at times.

It is very obvious that being the boss will make you take decisions on your own, schedule events and work at your own pace. You are not answerable to anyone. You decide when to close from work. You are not pressurized to do anything. And so many other advantages. That is my view.

Personally I believe that there is always pressure when it comes to running your own business because if you are not under pressure to make sure that the business become successful, it means that you're not serious about the business.

The advantage of being your boss is the have that freedom to make decisions, work and grow at your pace. The major disadvantage of being your boss is most times is raising capital to start or expand the business.

Even if you are not the boss who is managing your own business there is always advantages and disadvantages of working for another person which means that it's always going to be advantages and disadvantages of running your own business. The whole risk taking of running the business is going to be shouldered by you and not any other person.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds