Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

Despite the fact that everything that has advantage will tends to also has disadvantage,but I think been the boss of yourself will have more advantages,because you will have the freedom to decide what to do.

Advertisement Placeholder
First it is very much encouraging to be a boss of your own because it will make you become responsible and hard-working,it's disadvantages is that most time pressure make become too much as a result of work and stress

The only disadvantage of being your own boss is that if you are broke and need money , you can't just dip your hand into your business fund without trying to know if it will affect you first.

Being one's boss has the advantage of being a sole decision taker and have much time for planning since you are not accountable to anybody. The disadvantages will include not hardworking, since no one is monitoring you, you may decide to be lazy

Being your won boss does have it's disadvantages and advantages. Just like you stated in the thread, you will be able to make key decision and also influence things according to your wits and intuition, disadvantages is that it might get overwhelming.

The advantages of being my own boss is the fact that I'll have freedom and I'm not accountable to anyone. And the disadvantage is that you bear the risk alone, you're not sure of the same income every month and if you don't work hard to manage your business, it'll fail
It is not just about bearing the risk alone that comes with being your own boss but you have to face the challenge of not having time for yourself which means that a huge percentage of your time is dedicated to your business.

Being your won boss does have it's disadvantages and advantages. Just like you stated in the thread, you will be able to make key decision and also influence things according to your wits and intuition, disadvantages is that it might get overwhelming.
This is true. You might find running the entire operations of the business alone very tasking. At a point, you might make costly mistakes due to the pressure of handling everything alone.

I had experienced being a boss in my business and I have to admit that it is more taxing than being an office manager. When the business is having financial problems that can give me excessive stress that made me regret why I went to that direction. It is better to be an employee with lesser stress.

I had experienced being a boss in my business and I have to admit that it is more taxing than being an office manager. When the business is having financial problems that can give me excessive stress that made me regret why I went to that direction. It is better to be an employee with lesser stress.
I understand your point. However, being a business owner is still better than working for someone. Despite the challenges, there is still room for growth and development of the business with time.

Being the boss shows that you have learnt how to manage your time and you have being effective in what you do. Disadvantage might be government policy affecting the business
No matter how small I believe that the signs of any kind of business that you've started will always trust you to the point of making you not to have time for many other things but for the business mostly.

The advantage been your own business makes you be a decision maker and makes you work at your own pace while the disadvantages is simple if you lose and fail you are all by your self
You had definitely going to take up the role of becoming addition your business and also enjoys your profit alone but you also have to be the challenges that faces the business and learn as well as enjoying your losses alone.

The advantages of being my own boss is the fact that I'll have freedom and I'm not accountable to anyone. And the disadvantage is that you bear the risk alone, you're not sure of the same income every month and if you don't work hard to manage your business, it'll fail

In my own experience being your own boss has the upside and downside. It is a good feeling to realize that I could decide whatever I want. On the downside all the responsibilities are on my shoulder and I need to push myself to make the business perform well particularly in the financial side.

It is more advantage of being your own boss compared to disadvantage because you have the right to control every resources in the business organisation.. you are free to engage in other thing is you have interest on..

The only disadvantage is that it may be stressful at the beginning and will always require discipline.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
You've stated pretty much everything. Being one's own boss is great in sense that one has time to think and be productive for one's self not some other employer but the disadvantage is that funds may run low which is now one's headache unlike being employed

Becoming my own, will make me very independent, I will be able to develop my business more, with new skills and how to package my goods well, and I will be very rich.

Everything has its own advantages and disadvantages as well.. the advantages of being one's boss is more than the disadvantages. When you're your own boss, you owe yourself explanation on how you use your time. You're accountable to yourself and you're building on your dreams

Well, the advantage of being your own boss is that you get to do things your way without having to seek the support or rather say permission from any second party. If your business decisions are good then you also get to enjoy the profits alone and if it's bad, you alone bear the consequences.

Being my own boss will make me have time for my friends and family more, my friends will always see me around even if I want to leave the country to see them no one will stop me.

Being your own boss gives you opportunity to be creative with your business. You can never go against the normal procedure if you are working under someone. you also have full control and can determine the amount you will earn at the end of the days.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds