Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

Well, there are so many advantages associated with been your own boss more than it disadvantages. one of this is the freedom to make your own decision without interference and also financially independent, which gives you the freedom to choose what you want.

Advertisement Placeholder
What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?

My thoughts are that you will be able to decide how you do things, how much time you want, and being able to make the decision on how you would expand what you do. Disadvantage, is the potential for funds being low, and low quality people working for you.
One of the advantages / importance of being your own boss and owning your own company is that you have the final say in any thing going on in the company, ability to make your own decision.
[automerge]1637951450[/automerge]
Being a boss of your self will help you influence your innovation ideas and positive thoughts and it will make you get self confidence
If you are working under someone , the owner have the final say in the conclusion on the innovative and idea submitted to the company but if you are the boss , you have the privilege of using you own idea too.

Last edited:
To be a boss of yourself you are liable to take rest at anytime,no body decide your holidays for you,this is one of the disadvantages,and it disadvantages isif the business is not functional much blame will be in you,and you have alot to think about just for the development of the business

Being one's boss is fun and it is everybody desire as you will have time to make decisions for yourself. But the disadvantage is that you will have to bear the consequences of your bad decisions alone. Besides, you may not be hardworking because you are not accountable to anybody.

When you are your own boss, you would be faced with lots of responsibilities. You will have to keep thinking of the ways to improve the business.

When you have power in hand, you become responsible for many things. I think this is the reason why many people feel "powerful" when they become their own boss. I do not earn much money, but I do feel A LOT powerful because I am my own boss! :)

Being your own boss has so many advantages than disadvantages, the most important is the fact that you can freely make decisions that would help you.

Being my own boss will enable me to manage my time well, it will allow me to make decisions quick with out having to wait for anyone, and I won't have to share my profits with anyone but I will have to raise the capital alone, and bear all the burdens alone.

I think the answer to this question lies in the definition of sole proprietorship, it's a kind of business that's managed by just one person who makes the business decisions and also "enjoys the profit from the business alone and as well suffer the losses and challenges alone"
We know of the definition, now the question is would you rather be a sole proprietor or would you partner with someone else, which is better for you?

We know of the definition, now the question is would you rather be a sole proprietor or would you partner with someone else, which is better for you?
Well on the contrary, you're the one who doesn't get the thread topic. The question is actually to know of the "advantages and disadvantages" of being your own boss, and I answered that simply by giving out it's definition because the answer to the question is embedded within it.

Well on the contrary, you're the one who doesn't get the thread topic. The question is actually to know of the "advantages and disadvantages" of being your own boss, and I answered that simply by giving out it's definition because the answer to the question is embedded within it.
Don't get me wrong. I was simply asking you a question to chose between being a sole proprietorship or a partnership. Was just asking for your own view

The merits and demerits of owning a company. For the merits
1. It gives me the opportunity to control my money the way I want it.
2.I will be fully in charge of who and who works with me
3.l will have the final decision
4.I will be able to key into good ideas that would make progress to my company
And for the demerits
1.There will be divisions of labour
2.Progeress will be made collectively
3.I will be the entrepreneur

It is very obvious that being the boss will make you take decisions on your own, schedule events and work at your own pace. You are not answerable to anyone. You decide when to close from work. You are not pressurized to do anything. And so many other advantages. That is my view.
Don't you think that it can lead to complacency and procrastination? Since you work according to your pace and not under any pressure, it might lead to laziness and postponement of important tasks.

Well, there are so many advantages associated with been your own boss more than it disadvantages. one of this is the freedom to make your own decision without interference and also financially independent, which gives you the freedom to choose what you want.

Certainly, advantages of being your own boss outnumber the disadvantages. You can feel much better and earn more money if you already have a really good number of customer if you are self-employed.

Laziness might get catch up with you if you are your own boss. The reason is that you have free time to do the work at anytime you wish and this can bring about laxity. The case might be quite different for someone who is already and hardworking person before starting a business.

The advantage been your own business makes you be a decision maker and makes you work at your own pace while the disadvantages is simple if you lose and fail you are all by your self
The major advantage of being your own boss by owning and running your own business is enjoying all the profits alone and the disadvantage of it is bearing the loss alone as well.

Being your own boss is not an easy task,it's advantage is that it makes you more responsible and thoughtful when making decisions,it disadvantages is some of the boss rarely have time for themself

Personally I don't really see any serious disadvantage of being your own boss because you are the one that is likely to control your business and managed to the best way you can, the only thing is that it might be stressful at the beginning that is all.
The responsibility of the business management all falls on you as the business owner and if you fail on your job, it's going to mark the end of the business.

You will have assistant manager, manager is not really difficult because you won't do anything strenuously, you just have to observe what is going on and give directions if necessary, although it might not really be easy.

There are so many and several advantages that are attached to being a boss of your own. The free will of making decisions, Is also attached to it. interest and profit are directly going Into your pocket.

Being the boss shows that you have learnt how to manage your time and you have being effective in what you do. Disadvantage might be government policy affecting the business
If you are actually looking at becoming your own boss, you are definitely going to learn how to start taking responsibility for your business because every challenges that is going to come up in your business will be pointed directly at you.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds