Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What did you want to be growing up?

Advertisement Placeholder
I wanted to be a variety of things from musician to a banker but the one that stuck with me was becoming an engineer.

10 year old me wanted to be a game developer, working with Peter Molyneux at Bullfrog Productions (as it was then). 31 year old me actually met the guy. Don't meet your heroes.

Also, I still harbour notions of dipping my toes into game dev but honestly... I'm not at all convinced I'd be good enough at it to make a living from it.

When I was growing up I did want to work as a teacher or a teaching assistant. I did take this further when I went to college and did a teaching assistant course but unfortunately, life and my health have prevented me from taking that any further.
Also the fact that teacher's are not valued sadly.... :(

As for me... I actually don't think I had anything in mind.

I always wanted to be Cabin Crew, I almost went for it as I had an interview but opted for an alternate role in the travel industry. Now I don't think I could have the energy to do it, I'm bad enough travelling on a flight when I'm going on holiday, let alone working on a flight.

I did have a brief spell where I wanted to work on video games (I was obsessed with The Sims) - but I hated graphic communication at school and I was terrible at it anyway, so I quickly dropped that dream.

I wanted to be a video game tester when I was a kid. I thought you literally got to just play games all day, and that was it. Technically that's the gist of it, but you end up playing the same parts over and over again trying to catch any bugs and then reporting them to the programmers. I have a feeling if I was to bug test games, I'd get bored of playing them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds