Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What did you want to be growing up?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's impressive that as a kid you knew what a developer is.
I didn’t really, I wanted to be a programmer basically. I assumed it was just writing code all day. Now I know it involves a lot of teamwork and documentation but still I’ve grown to love the career despite despising writing documentation, as does everyone, LOL

It's impressive that as a kid you knew what a developer is.
Honestly? Ppl ask me what I do, I reply I’m a software developer. The number of ppl who’ve said “never heard of that”. And I’m just thinking - what planet do you live on? Do you think websites, mobile apps, desktop apps, games, etc just appear out of thin air in some kinda miracle? LOL.

Really, I did not expect that Xd
Should not really be a surprise... when I got into it in the early 80's... I entered the field because I wanted to help others.
After many years in it... I realized that much of society did NOT want to be "helped" but wanted to do what they wanted to do... and in many cases were willing to use violence to do it. Of course, having to cap an idiot didn't help. Shortly afterwards I entered the IT field since it was a "hobby" that was benefitting the department I worked for. That incident strongly influenced how I "deal" with cases of idiocy that I come across.. both in real life and here on the interwebz. Dealing directly with death (and having an active participation in it) has that tendency to "change" your outlook on life.
It's gotten even worse in todays society. Personal responsibility seems to be a thing of the past.. what is more important now is "this is what i want and I don't care how I get it".

I like my job
I feel like I'm actually satisfied with my two jobs at the moment too. They seem easy enough for me to handle and I don't really get overwhelmed like I used to at past stores, probably because I worked for retail giants in the past and now I work for smaller retail stores that are much more easy to handle stress-free.

When you were younger, say up to the age of eight, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was in the eighth grade, I knew I wanted to be a computer programmer. Through the course of my life, discovering a small color blindness issue prevented me from following the career path when I entered the military. Became a Technician, then into Warehousing (thanks 2008 economy crash), and now I'm a cashier supervisor and my body is killing me.

When I was in the eighth grade, I knew I wanted to be a computer programmer. Through the course of my life, discovering a small color blindness issue prevented me from following the career path when I entered the military. Became a Technician, then into Warehousing (thanks 2008 economy crash), and now I'm a cashier supervisor and my body is killing me.
Oh no I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t get what you wanted :( !
What do you mean about your body killing you btw?

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear you didn’t get what you wanted :( !
What do you mean about your body killing you btw?
Because I stand on my feet for nine hours every day and only have one 30 minute break, I developed plantar fasciitis in first my left foot, now in both feet and the pain radiates up my legs. The only cure is rest or a fist full of ibuprofen there times a day since by the time I get done with work any place that offers physical therapy is closed.

Because I stand on my feet for nine hours every day and only have one 30 minute break, I developed plantar fasciitis in first my left foot, now in both feet and the pain radiates up my legs. The only cure is rest or a fist full of ibuprofen there times a day since by the time I get done with work any place that offers physical therapy is closed.
Cashiers sit at their desk all day…?
Regardless sorry for what you went through :( !

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds