Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest ā€” join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What did you want to be growing up?

Advertisement Placeholder
As I mentioned a while ago, I wanted to be a gamedev; after going back and trying it for a bit, there are certain aspects to it that I find I am good at, certain aspects I am not, and the latter is part of the problem.

Still, the other thing I always wanted to be was a writer. (Not necessarily an author, the two have some differences, mostly in what gets written and who the audience is.) And I've been working on that, been at a few short-story competitions, the last one I entered I didn't place, per se, but I did get an honourable mention from the judges.

I wanted to be a cop when I was little, like when I was 4. I was inspired by Robocop and then as I got older I realized that was not something I ever wanted to do. I'm glad I didn't pursue it because my sister sure did and she ended up having mental issues from seeing some of the things cops have to deal with and she's trying to get out of the force now.

Paul Verhoeven Robocop GIF by Filmin

I wanted to be a cop when I was little, like when I was 4. I was inspired by Robocop and then as I got older I realized that was not something I ever wanted to do. I'm glad I didn't pursue it because my sister sure did and she ended up having mental issues from seeing some of the things cops have to deal with and she's trying to get out of the force now.

Paul Verhoeven Robocop GIF by Filmin
So she ended up being as an cop?

Yeah, for 5 years just like her father did.
I wish Her luck, in terms of that job that doesn't get paid that well and it's a high-risk life at times ;( I have a mate who was a cop for 15 years and he's been shot 6 times and ended up going to the Hospital countless times. His family was always cops, and he joined the force in his teenage years.

He left the job to be in real-estate now ;)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds