Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

What did you want to be growing up?

Advertisement Placeholder
Depends on where you live. I definitely wouldn’t do it in the states or South Africa for example. But it’s not too bad here in Aus
I’m in the UK. There’re mass culture of discrimination and sexual abuses in the Met itself. Sometimes vetting isn’t conducted properly and criminals are hired or retained in their positions ! 😕

I’m in the UK. There’re mass culture of discrimination and sexual abuses in the Met itself. Sometimes vetting isn’t conducted properly and criminals are hired or retained in their positions ! 😕
Oh wow, that’s terrible. I definitely couldn’t work in the UK or NZ. They don’t carry a firearm as first responders which is crazy. Would never do the job if I wasn’t armed

I'm sure a lot of people did, especially if some type of abuse was involved. But, it's just something you hear from time to time where kids say they wish they were adults and adults say they wish they were kids again, but everyone's different.
I feel like it’s one extreme or the other.
Personally? I just like the routine of a job. I didn’t particularly enjoy memorising stuff for exams. Had trouble with friendships too. Was the one to be picked one - kids can be immature !!!

I wanted to be a footballer at one point when I was a kid. I had a trial once but I forgot my shin pads at home and they didn’t let me do it and I never went to another trial, so nothing ever happened. I also wanted to be a programmer in my early teens; I loved programming and I even studied Computer Science at university but something just never clicked. I lost my love for programming over the years. I think the whole studying for it process sucked the fun out of it for me.

I wanted to be a footballer at one point when I was a kid. I had a trial once but I forgot my shin pads at home and they didn’t let me do it and I never went to another trial, so nothing ever happened. I also wanted to be a programmer in my early teens; I loved programming and I even studied Computer Science at university but something just never clicked. I lost my love for programming over the years. I think the whole studying for it process sucked the fun out of it for me.
I studied computer science at university too. I chose the university to study at based on the fact that the course had a high proportion of coursework to exams.

After all programming is a practical discipline, not something to memorise!

I speak as a graduate in computer science and a professional software engineer, programming in industry is very different from programming during your degree.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds