Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Turning a job down?

Never feel bad turning down a job offer.

Especially if you are not comfortable with the terms and conditions that the job presents with.

Never let anyone emotionally blackmail you into accepting such jobs .

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally I can turned down my current job when I found new one that can pay more than I earned. the purpose of working is for the satisfaction of our needs so is not a big deal to quit one.

It is not all jobs that should be taken and done for one to attain financial freedom.
Some jobs are like zombie, they drain one of his priceless asset (time) and it should not be accepted.

It is not all jobs that should be taken and done for one to attain financial freedom.
Some jobs are like zombie, they drain one of his priceless asset (time) and it should not be accepted.
Yes and that is why most people do turn down such job, any job that do drain anyone and he or she is not even earning much from such job, he or she can turn down the job.

Yes and that is why most people do turn down such job, any job that do drain anyone and he or she is not even earning much from such job, he or she can turn down the job.
There's nothing wrong in turning a job that will want to drain you down.
Some business owner will be bent on milking you dry when you work with them. This is really uncalled for.

There's nothing wrong in turning a job that will want to drain you down.
Some business owner will be bent on milking you dry when you work with them. This is really uncalled for.
For sure that is not really good and fair at all, there are even Bosses and business owners that do not really even care about how their workers are doing, they are just strictly on business.

Yeas that is a nice way to turn down a job. If you think it won't be detrimental to your relationship, you may inform them of the main reasons why you are no longer taking the job but of course you have to be careful to avoid jeopardizing your relationship.

Actually most people usually turn their job down because most things are on their neck and they cannot handle such job again because of the stress involved and it doesn't pay much.
Stress and low wages are some reason why people do turn down job offer. Turning down a job offer is not an easy task. A lot of things must be put into consideration before you made the to turn down down a job in favour of other.

Stress and low wages are some reason why people do turn down job offer. Turning down a job offer is not an easy task. A lot of things must be put into consideration before you made the to turn down down a job in favour of other.
The major thing that will contribute to turning a job down is the low wage.
You will always want to look for better ways to earn more and that is exactly what I make you choose another job.

There was one job I was recruited to work but the truth is I don't want the job. And I naturally hate having a job coupled with the fact that they pay wasn't impressive .I turned it down.

There was one job I was recruited to work but the truth is I don't want the job. And I naturally hate having a job coupled with the fact that they pay wasn't impressive .I turned it down.
I believe that turning down a job offer is not a bad thing . As long as the job might interfere with your life goals , I don't think it is wise to take the offer no matter how appealing the salary may be

Yes, I completely concur with what you are saying.
The way you have described it seems to be the most effective method to decline a job.
Being too blunt could come across as harsh or hurtful to the employer.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I once has such case too that my offline job was stressful and aside that the person taking charge of us always try to complain on anything I personally do. So I have to quit such job.

I think the best way to reject a job offered to you is to first thank the person for the offer and being honest about why you won't be able to accept to work while being polite.

People has so many reasons why they turned down jobs sometimes is due to bad terms and conditions or the unfavourable working conditions either as a result of conflict or other things.

Yeas that is a nice way to turn down a job. If you think it won't be detrimental to your relationship, you may inform them of the main reasons why you are no longer taking the job but of course you have to be careful to avoid jeopardizing your relationship.
There are many reasons why you can turn a job down or quit from a job , there are some organisation which doesn't like their workers to date and marry each other , and when you have someone you are getting married to in that particular field, one of you need to quit the job .

Let’s say for example you attended two job interviews in both and a difficult decision lies ahead on the road. One of those job offers you physically can’t take and have to reject. What is the best way to reject a job offer without damaging future business relationships with that employer?

I would recommend thanking them for the opportunity and writing a letter that you are rejecting the job offer with a brief reason why and you thank them for their time, aswell as mentioning you look forward to meeting with the manager in future business relationships if the time comes
I think you should give them a genuine reason that why are you rejecting this job they will understand your situation and give you a permission to do whatever you want to do in your future because this will make your Bond with them more stronger and reliable instead of rejecting that opportunity without giving them a solid reason.

I think that low salary rates are not the only reason why a person may turn down the offer. I was offered a job at an international organisation but I turned it down simply because i never liked the nature of work.

Actually turning down jobs has no longer been a new thing to alot people and even the entrepreneurs due to some reasons either in terms of working conditions or salary.

Let’s say for example you attended two job interviews in both and a difficult decision lies ahead on the road. One of those job offers you physically can’t take and have to reject. What is the best way to reject a job offer without damaging future business relationships with that employer?

I would recommend thanking them for the opportunity and writing a letter that you are rejecting the job offer with a brief reason why and you thank them for their time, aswell as mentioning you look forward to meeting with the manager in future business relationships if the time comes
In principle, I don't believe it will harm your future possibilities if you are respectful and grateful with how you express a rejection of employment. What you proposed is actually a reasonable way to go about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds