Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Turning a job down?

That would be a very difficult thing to do without getting on the nerve of the employer. Like you said, one should thank them at first, then be honest an tell them why you can't accept the job.

Advertisement Placeholder
I look for their disadvantages to you and use it as an excuse and do it with respect. My brother keep postponing the resumption until he confided in me that he was in a at a fixed,i advise him to informed them that he would not like to take the job due to financial and logistics reasons

Let’s say for example you attended two job interviews in both and a difficult decision lies ahead on the road. One of those job offers you physically can’t take and have to reject. What is the best way to reject a job offer without damaging future business relationships with that employer?

I would recommend thanking them for the opportunity and writing a letter that you are rejecting the job offer with a brief reason why and you thank them for their time, aswell as mentioning you look forward to meeting with the manager in future business relationships if the time comes
I agree with you, it's not wise and ethical to just quit a job or business and destroy relationships because for your financial life you will always need companies and people to work together with them.

Poultry farming is a profitable business as I understand. The risks in the business is higher most especially for first timers .you really have to master it before attempting it with a huge sum of money.

Though in my country , getting a single job opportunities is a blessing not to talk of having two, but when you are in the position to turn one job opportunity down , you need to look for their disadvantages to you and use it as an excuse and do it with respect.
This is a good approach. You may have to work with them in the future, and leaving a bad impression will only lead to strained relationships for both parties.

Well it is very hard and a tough decision but you just have to do it, the definitely can't force you to work for them. I would honestly tell them that I did apply for various jobs in different institutions. I would tell them that I manage to secure a job at one earlier so I can't be able to work for all. They will just have to look for a new employee.

Honesty is always the best policy . I will only have to tell them the reason why I may be rejecting their own job offer and go for the next available one. They should be able to understand that I'm chasing a high salary and comfortability.

You've just said it all. I actually couldn't think of a better way to handle that after reading your own suggestion. That's a very brilliant idea and it won't damage future business relationships.

Honesty is always the best policy . I will only have to tell them the reason why I may be rejecting their own job offer and go for the next available one. They should be able to understand that I'm chasing a high salary and comfortability.
Being honest with yourself and your business associates is the only way in which you can build a future relationship with trust , if you are not interested in their job , you just willingly reject the job ,

Actually turning down a job is no longer a new thing to our people and it has become part of them due to the nature of jobs offered to them and those that comes their way.

Although it is a difficult choice, you must make it since they cannot compel you to work for them. I would be up front and say that I did applied for numerous positions at various organizations. I would explain to them that while I was able to land a position at one earlier, I am unable to work for everyone. They simply need to find a new employee.

There are many reasons why you can turn a job down depending on the type of jib you are doing , the money been promised you might not be enough for the job and the job might not even be up to your own standard.

I think I would be honest. For instance, I would tell them I was interviewed for two different jobs and I see better prospects on another job therefore, I am turning down this job. I think being honest would always help. People will interpret you as a lier if you try to sound diplomatic.

Well, since there's a genuine reason why I can't take on one of the job, there's no reason why I wouldn't inform the company why I would have to pass up the job offer especially when it's something that's too physical for me to handle even though I was the person who applied for it in the first place. In life, you always go for what's in your best interest. I won't displease myself to please another.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds