Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Turning a job down?

A friend of mine had similar issue with an outfit that he applied for,and after he scale through the interview he was asked to resume,he keep postponing the resumption until he confided in me that he was in a at a fixed,i advise him to informed them that he would not like to take the job due to financial and logistics reasons.
I think it's better to carefully and tell the owner of the organization that you won't be taking the job while stating your reasons respectfully. It might even lead to them offering better conditions in view of what you will say.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it's better to carefully and tell the owner of the organization that you won't be taking the job while stating your reasons respectfully. It might even lead to them offering better conditions in view of what you will say.
I think it all depends,because if the value of what you are about to offer the organisation is put into consideration then the pay can be a sort of motivation for someone to shift ground in this case.

Turning a job offer down should not be a problem , I believe since you are not legally binded with any organisation , you can turn any job offer thats not satisfying down .

I once rejected a job offer politely, I simply called the manager when I got home and told him I was engaged somewhere and would not be able to make it for the Job , he was not angry with me, I believe the truth is better than beating about the bush.

Number one, it will be absolutely rude of you to reject the job offer without an explanation or two to the employer. This explanation should give a very good and relatable reasons why you're turning the offer down. It will be a good gesture from you that way than not even giving them a reason for turning down the job.
i personally would relate to the employee how i was treted while looking for the job, especially if it is a job that is not in line with my career, or it was a job i needed at that time of my life.

I also agree with thanking them and write letter to them rejecting the job offer. What's important there is how convincing you're. If you explained why you reject the offer and be convincing, the person that come for it will surely understand.

Actually turning a job up down is quite inevitable among people seeking for a job opportunities most especially when tow jobs are offered to someone and the other is more profitable than the other.
I also agree with thanking them and write letter to them rejecting the job offer. What's important there is how convincing you're. If you explained why you reject the offer and be convincing, the person that come for it will surely understand.
Well it's good to write a letter actually to convince a company on reasons behind not accepting offer but personally I think it's very risky to some extent most especially these days that people are not trust worthy.

There are many jobs now most especially an offline jobs that people do usually turn it down because there agreement is not achieve or the salary is not much enough to sustain and pay their bills.

For me i would hire the King Solomon's wisdom to bail me out of this mess Here.
First of all each job offer has its merits and demerits at the same time. I would just choose the one that has higher merits than demerits. Therefore I would wisdomly rejected the other one

Well most people turn some jobs down nowadays because they feel it cannot sustain them or they have gotten another one which is more paymentable than the first one.

Well most people turn some jobs down nowadays because they feel it cannot sustain them or they have gotten another one which is more paymentable than the first one.
If you get a job that cannot sustain you, it is better to turn the job down because it would be a waste of time accepting such job. A job that wouldn't take you anywhere should be rejected.

If you get a job that cannot sustain you, it is better to turn the job down because it would be a waste of time accepting such job. A job that wouldn't take you anywhere should be rejected.
Yeah that is why most people usually turn down most jobs nowadays but if there is no any alternative of job to do, it is better to continue with such job that can not sustain you bills than staying idle without doing anything.

Yeah that is why most people usually turn down most jobs nowadays but if there is no any alternative of job to do, it is better to continue with such job that can not sustain you bills than staying idle without doing anything.
You do not have an alternative because you have not gotten another job. You do not have choice , rather you will stay with the job that you are with presently because you have a lot of bills piling up.

Let’s say for example you attended two job interviews in both and a difficult decision lies ahead on the road. One of those job offers you physically can’t take and have to reject. What is the best way to reject a job offer without damaging future business relationships with that employer?

I would recommend thanking them for the opportunity and writing a letter that you are rejecting the job offer with a brief reason why and you thank them for their time, aswell as mentioning you look forward to meeting with the manager in future business relationships if the time comes
The best way to reject a job offer is to write a letter to the manger or director explaining why you cannot take the job. It must be noted that this must be done in a polite manner. Also, you should thank him for his time and commitment in ensuring you got the job, as well as stating that should your paths cross again, you would love to work together

I will also advise that you should thank them and express just how much I would have wanted to contribute to their company but then you had an offer in which you could not just resist but is open to working with them in the future.

Well it's not a new thing that people turned down a business opportunity simply because of some certain reason behind it. either due to unfavourable working conditions and other related factors.

For me i would hire the King Solomon's wisdom to bail me out of this mess Here.
First of all each job offer has its merits and demerits at the same time. I would just choose the one that has higher merits than demerits. Therefore I would wisdomly rejected the other one
The part of "hiring King Solomon's wisdom to bail me out" got me laughing. Actually, it takes wisdom to make decision in such situation. However, as goal setter, it's important you know how to be firm in your decision making.

You have to be extremely lucky to be in that position but explaining to the company that you rejected is going to be good so that you can be open to opportunities with them in the future.

I will also advise that you should thank them and express just how much I would have wanted to contribute to their company but then you had an offer in which you could not just resist but is open to working with them in the future.
Actually it is really good in that sense but if it is a company that do not treat a worker well, that worker might turn them down and end up not writing all what you just said.

Personally I think unfavourable working conditions can also be one of the reasons people can turned down a job or due to the payment mode which they are not comfortable with it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds