Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Technical Unemployment

Unemployment rate in Nigeria is fast increasing with the number of graduates being produced from different higher institutions of knowledge every year with inadequate job opportunities to absorb them. Of recent, many workers were laid off from their places of work due to invention of new modern machines to replace employees thereby contributing to the number of unemployed youths in Nigeria.

What do you think about this?
So I would take it to mean that you're of the notion that technical unemployment means joblessness due to invention of modern technology.
I think this has contributed to the high unemployment rate. Some human jobs have been taken over by machines which seem to do the job easier and more accurately.

Advertisement Placeholder
Artificial intelligence is gradually taking the world due to advance and innovation of technology and it resulted and increases in unemployment that is why the youth find means of survival and engage in investing in Cryptocurrency

Yeah but in my country ,the unemployment rate is increasing almost every time , because the rate of technological advancement is increasing and an alternative needs to be made

Yeah but in my country ,the unemployment rate is increasing almost every time , because the rate of technological advancement is increasing and an alternative needs to be made

The rate of unemployment is increasing in all the countries because the world population is increasing at a much higher rate and there are not enough jobs for all the people. Certain countries have higher unemployment rate as compared to others.

Well, I believe the country's labor market is extremely competitive, and the country also does not provide an environment conducive to the growth of crafts and businesses. What the country needs to do is figure out how to make use of this talented and young workforce.
[automerge]1639075328[/automerge]
Well, I believe the country's labor market is extremely competitive, and the country also does not provide an environment conducive to the growth of crafts and businesses. What the country needs to do is figure out how to make use of this talented and young workforce.

I don't think the high unemployment rate is due to technological advancements. It is caused by the lack of vibrant industries and lack of a business enabling environment that will help entrepreneurs start up their own businesses.

You have higher chances of getting hired if you are educated, but education does not guarantee employment, you also need vocational skills. If you are educated, yet unemployed, try developing vocational skills

Machine has and will always displace people from work causing more unemployment. The plan is not to make yourself dispensable but to make sure your worth is increased. This would make you constantly being needed

I think that we should start innovating in such a way that we are only going to be producing children to match the available resources in the country. It is inevitable that automated processes is going to continue to take even more jobs and there is nothing bad in that.

Government alone cannot solve the problem of unemployment in the country. The only thing they can do is to create a policy that will favour creation of business in supporting small scale businesses.

Government alone cannot solve the problem of unemployment in the country. The only thing they can do is to create a policy that will favour creation of business in supporting small scale businesses.
I don't think government have the will of reducing the unemployment rate in the country. Their policies do not promote the establishment and running of small and medium enterprises in the country.

I don't think government have the will of reducing the unemployment rate in the country. Their policies do not promote the establishment and running of small and medium enterprises in the country.
If that is the case people will continue to look for opportunity to travel out of the country to a place where they can earn a greener pasture. It is so pathetic that the leadership of the country does not concern about the rise in unemployment of the country.

I think most graduates should try and look beyond being employed. There are several things they could do to set themselves ahead, like learning a skill and whatnot.

Robots and latest technologist have been the latest development throughout the world and has been making work easier for human but has also reduced the number of workers in the business world.

I don't think there is the right equilibrium with the machines and humans regarding employment. Even when the small computers became prevalent it did not cause unemployment here. I guess those business owners are shrewd with finances that they are saving from the cost of employing more workers. But I like the term technical unemployment to mean technology had caused the loss of jobs.

If that is the case people will continue to look for opportunity to travel out of the country to a place where they can earn a greener pasture. It is so pathetic that the leadership of the country does not concern about the rise in unemployment of the country.
It has been the same story for many years now. It is there unsurprising when you see our youths making exploits outside the country because they are always given the chance and right conditions to succeed in life.

It has been the same story for many years now. It is there unsurprising when you see our youths making exploits outside the country because they are always given the chance and right conditions to succeed in life.
This makes me conclude that what we need is right environment and many youth in the country with thrive beyond imagination. This is the reason why most of the youth who travel abroad to seek education usually comes out with flying colours.

This makes me conclude that what we need is right environment and many youth in the country with thrive beyond imagination. This is the reason why most of the youth who travel abroad to seek education usually comes out with flying colours.
Yes this is because of the excellent conditions that are present in countries abroad. They are no faced with issues like corruption, insecurity, misappropriation, nepotism and other negative vices that are present over here.

Considering the Nigerian situation which is a very peculiar one; I've come to discover that firstly there's no means of diversification of education. Formal education seems to be what's recognised.
Another thing is the employability of the graduates; they seem not to have anything that makes them sellable.

@HayKay you can't blame The graduate because they have been made to believe that once they graduate from the school they are going to gain employment. another thing is that our system of government is not creating policy that will help graduate to engage in self employed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds