Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Snail Farming in Nigeria

The cost of starting a snail farming Business. You can start the business with N60,000 or N100,000 depending on how large you want your snail farm to be. Asides the amount of your investment, it is possible to produce 1,000,000 snail now worth more than N5 million twice a year.

Advertisement Placeholder
Snailry is not as easy as people do think, if you don't have time to feed them and take care of them better don't go into it most especially extensive snailry. Snail do eat at night but if they don't see food, they will b egg eating one another.

Snail farming in Nigeria is very popular mainly for it’s delicious taste. Snail has a huge demand in the market of Nigeria for it’s unique taste and nutrition value. Snails also has a huge global popularity. Snail meat contain a high amount of protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A and very low in fat.

Another reason of snail farming business in Nigeria is it’s economic value. Some people consider the snail farming in Nigeria as a good money spinning venture. You can make good earning from snail farming within a very short time.

Snail farming also known as Heliciculture is the process of raising edible land snails, primarily for human consumption or cosmetic use. Snail farming unlike many other livestock businesses requires very little startup and operating costs. snail farming is a low-risk business.

As for me snail business is really profitable and really moving and alao it's really not much in town because everybody into snail business move there snails out of the country for sales and they making profit so much

Snail is considered delicacy by some people in my home country, but I have not heard of commercial snail farming in my home country. I also do not know what's it like in other countries. Before you venture into this business make sure to check market demands.

I do not know Nigeria but let me share my knowledge on snails. There are 2 kinds of snails that you can raise - the edible for humans and the other is for the animal feeds. Take your choice. Caring for the snail farm is the same regardless of the type of snails. You need a water area like a man-made pond or even a shallow pool. Water plants are neede for the food of the snails so you have to know what kind of water plant is that. Aside from that you just let the snails grow in number and harvest the adult size to be sold to your customers.

I intend going into snail please any thing I should know. Is it lucrative venture and what are the risk. Is it a profitable business in Nigeria or not.
Yes, it is quite profitable. Depending on how you choose to package it, you can sell it fried or raw or even package and send overseas, they are some countries having demand for it

Snail business could be a lucrative business but it depends on how you do it. The snail specie, how you rear them and the adequate knowledge you have and your market. Snail market is huge because almost everyone eats it.

Snail farming is good and very easy to start as a very lucrative profitable business it's is it to start all you have to do is look for a plot of land to construct your snail farm with little capital I agreed to go.

I heard its quite lucrative besides the meat which can be sold at maturity. Its slime is a gem currently in the beauty industry where its slime is use in skin care products. Currently in Nigeria a 20 little slime goes for 100k which is gotten without killing the snail.

Snail farming in Nigeria just like any other forms of farming could become a lucrative venture if proper plan are put in place with effective execution and management. In snail farming apart from its flesh, revenue could be generated from the shell and its slime. it could be a huge business venture.

Startup for a small enterprise starts from N50, 000 – N100, 000. This cost include purchase of feeder stock, housing and part feeding. It is possible to make 100% profit on your investment. Large snails lay from 6-10 eggs every 3 months.

I don't know much about snail farming but I know one or two persons who are into it and they are okay financially. It has prospects as well because most people are focusing on other areas of farming so the business is not saturated, you will definitely get customers if you have a strong sales and marketing strategy.

I intend going into snail please any thing I should know. Is it lucrative venture and what are the risk. Is it a profitable business in Nigeria or not.
If I talk about in my country, this business has no profit and scope. I don't have any experience and idea about your country.
You should check out the requirements and demands in the market for this business and then you should invest in it for earning profit.

Snail farming is a very good business in Nigeria. The business is easy to run and it doesn't require too much capital to start. It is a business that turns in consistent profits every month because snail meat is a delicasy in Nigeria.

A lot of people are saying snail farming business is not really a profitable business, I guess is because they don't understand how snail farming business is, it is one of the small farming business I admire and it is lucrative in the city.

Snail farming in Nigeria is one of the most lucrative agricultural business ideas for young entrepreneurs in Nigeria. Snail farming is a practical and viable business venture that is yet to be fully explored in Nigeria and the rest of Africa.

Snail farming may not be the first thing that jumps to mind when thinking of profitable businesses to start in Nigeria. This post will open your eyes to the amount of hidden-wealth that can be realized by starting a snail farming business in Nigeria

There are lots of basis you need to learn and understand as regards snail farming because it has lots of risks just like other businesses, the first thing is to meet with an expert who is actively in the business to also put you through as regards the capital, setting the farm in the right environment, feeding and grooming, also where to get the baby snails to be groomed and more. There are practical classes and books to be read as well. It is a profitable business.

Snail farming is like many other businesses but one great advantage is that only few people are engaged with the business. It's a very lucrative business but requires alot of time and patience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds