Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I write my own business plan or Hire an Expert

I feel a business owner should write out his or her business plan by his or herself since they know how they want their business to go. However they should seek help from professionals when necessary.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you think you know how to write a business plan then you can do it yourself. However, if you do not have a business experience it would be best to hire someone to write the business plan. It would be complete as to include the procedures for the permits and licenses that your business is required.

That is very true. It is important to always have the person around incase there are important questions or issues you want to resolve. Having an experienced hands to guide you will be much better than doing it alone.
The entrepreneur just have to be careful as in cases when he has a new breakthrough plan. This mentor figure in the same field as him might decide to steal his plans

Last edited:
The entrepreneur just have to be careful as in cases when he has a new breakthrough plan. This mentor figure in the same field as he might decide to steal his plans
You have raised a good point. Sometimes the people you consult for business ideas might actually try to rip you off by selling it to a competitor in the same market.

As the owner of the business , you are expected to write your own business plan which comprises of how the business will look like and the fundings, but if your are incapable of doing so, so its advisable to get a professional.
If you think you know how to write a business plan then you can do it yourself. However, if you do not have a business experience it would be best to hire someone to write the business plan. It would be complete as to include the procedures for the permits and licenses that your business is required.

I will advise you to hire the service of an expert to write business plan for you. There are some key elements you need to include into the business plan which you may not be able to do if you have to write it yourself. You have to take your business plan serious and let it be well written. Business plan is one of those things investors look into before they could decide to invest in a company.

You have raised a good point. Sometimes the people you consult for business ideas might actually try to rip you off by selling it to a competitor in the same market.
That's why in some cases undisclosure agreement must be signed between the 2 parties involved. That way the consultant is legally bound not to mention any of your ideas to anyone

That's why in some cases undisclosure agreement must be signed between the 2 parties involved. That way the consultabnt is legally bound not to mention any of your ideas to anyone
This is very true. But a partner that still wants to rip you off will still reveal your business plans to another rival without letting you know the source of the leak.

This is very true. But a partner that still wants to rip you off will still reveal your business plans to another rival without letting you know the source of the leak.
Let's just go back to being careful with the kind of consultant you chose because it's seems to be the only solution in case of leaking out prospective business views to competitors

That's why in some cases undisclosure agreement must be signed between the 2 parties involved. That way the consultant is legally bound not to mention any of your ideas to anyone
I think this should be the best thing to do, cause the truth of the matter is that they sell out ideas to make money, your idea is just another business to them that they can sell out to the next person as well.

I think this should be the best thing to do, cause the truth of the matter is that they sell out ideas to make money, your idea is just another business to them that they can sell out to the next person as well.
In Nigeria where the law is just there and the court favours the rich, I believe an undisclosure agreement would not even favour the person. The best thing is keep it to himself or hire a trustworthy consultant

In Nigeria where the law is just there and the court favours the rich, I believe an undisclosure agreement would not even favour the person. The best thing is keep it to himself or hire a trustworthy consultant
I didn't even think of that, that's also another way to look at things, it's a pity we have a failed system working for us. Another serious issue again is actually finding a trustworthy person out there.

If you really have got good ideas on how to best go about the business, I do not see any need of hiring any so called expert who does not even have the best knowledge required.

Let's just go back to being careful with the kind of consultant you chose because it's seems to be the only solution in case of leaking out prospective business views to competitors
I get your point. The consultant you engage must be a trusted individual and must always be professional in his duties without having dealings with third parties or rival businesses.

You are the one to write it but it is not a bad idea if you can hire an expert to help you on what you need to put in place in your business organisation.. you can't write it on your own when you don't really understand how it is being done and this may not be the best.

You have a strong point and i have witnessed it so many times where the rich is at fault but the court still favour him maybe he or she has bribed the justice presiding against the case.

You are the one to write it but it is not a bad idea if you can hire an expert to help you on what you need to put in place in your business organisation.. you can't write it on your own when you don't really understand how it is being done and this may not be the best.
That's true, I think does who make their own business plans are does who actually has experience with not just the business but also in terms of writing a business plan. It would be best you seek the help of a professional.

That's true, I think does who make their own business plans are does who actually has experience with not just the business but also in terms of writing a business plan. It would be best you seek the help of a professional.
Well this is not really compulsory you can just decide to write it on your own depending on your knowledge and understanding of the business but without proper understanding it is always the best to seek the help of an expert.. they might really guide you probably , will you write it alone ?

Personally I believe the best person to write a business plan is the owner of the business, because it is the owner that knows how he want the company to be run, he is the one that knows his expected gain and so on.

An expert won't run your business for you. If you can't at the least handle creating your own business plans, what makes you think that you are made for such business or that you can withstand the challenges the business is going to throw at you?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds