Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should I add the charge?

Adventurer

Mythical member
Credits
I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think all cost has to be put into consideration no matter how little. The customers need to understand what it will cost them to make an order and receive it at their location. They should be aware of your delivery fee. If you keep running the cost of delivering the goods to the transport company, it means you are having additional expanses without additional profit. So do the maths, add a reasonable amount, and make that into the delivery fee charge.

U
I sell kitchen appliances, sometimes I get orders from people that are not in my state, so they are required to pay money for shipping the goods to them, now the transport company that will move these goods is quite far from me and I'll have to drive over, but when the customer wants to pay for the shipment do I also add the cost of fuel it takes me to get to the transport company?
It depends upon you. If you see this in business point of view you should add this amount. However if you want to be generous on people you should not add this.
So do it according to your state of mind.

You need to consider cost of fuel for the truck before setting a shipping fee. You can't go adding money to the shipping fee now because you are going to risk pissing off your customers. But next time you are dealing with an entirely new customer make sure you add the cost of transport to the shipping fee.

I think you should have added already your all the costs during the updation of prices of the products. Because it's become difficult to manage your profit when you have so much expenses of cargo and other things. Keep all the factors in mind during the updation of prices and try to go to parcel those products after two or three days of order when you have more than two or three orders like this. It would help you to save more expenses.

Indeed I don't see why not, except you don't want to. When one runs a business you have to make sure you are allowing losses from anywhere. If you feel like the cost of fuel will be a loss on the long run, I don't see why you shouldn't add them to the cost of shipping.

That is depending on your choice or willing. But what I can say as a my own view is that you supposed to let the customer know that they will pay money for the fuel. And normally everything supposed to be changed customers together with normal prizes of your product.

It's actually a cost associated with transporting the item. So I personally feel you should, the reason you are not complaining is because you own a car. If you can actually calculate how much you spend on this process monthly you will see the need to include it in cost. Business is always business and has to be separated from personal matters which your car is.

I think all cast must be put into consideration, because you supposed to let the customer know exactly the cast that them suppose to pay money for fuel, and some other things so to charge customer for all this things.

This is all dependent on you. If you feel that you should add in the cost of the fuel then you can do so within the shipping cost. There are some companies that do actually do that. There are others that may not include it within their shipping fee however they do have an extra fee after that they term to be the handling fee which is all about how they handled the package and can include these little transport costs as well. The choice is entirely up to you.

As a business owner you should know how to determine the profit you want to make from your business. If you are not going to add the cost of the fuel you are using to deliver the product and the profit still pays you then you can just do that or you should just add it up

Yeah, in business you have to add every little cost that you incurred in the process of carrying out the business in the final price of the product and if possible you can now add some amount as profit. If all the costs are not taken into consideration, you might overstate your profit at the end of the business Period.

Yes you have to put and charge that fuel and anything you paid like your delivery charges. It is all definitely because of them who order you them fuel charges will also be paid by them. So do not feel shy about this say them to pai fuel charges also. This is also mandatory for them to pay with actual money of goods.

Absolutely Yes, you should mention this as well and should charge them who order you. It is your right and you should tell them and take all charhes including Fuel in it. Because you are doing just for them so it would be better to add these charges also. But if you don't want to add then it's up to You Sir.

Of course, all expenses must be paid by the client, the invoices issued to the buyer must reflect the cost of the per diem, since otherwise it is a loss for you. and that in no way benefits you. You must include the cost of the product plus the cost of shipping, on the same invoice.

Please add charges. Business is too gain not to lose. Where will you see the transport fare that you always use to transport goods to customers if you don't add charges. To make profit, add charges

All expenses involved in the business must be added to the selling price of your products. It is not against the ethics of business if you add the cost of fuel to your selling price as that will make part of your profit.
All businesses while trying to satisfy customers must also put into consideration, the profit to be made

This should have been added to your selling price at the point of deciding on it initially. You may ave to find another way around that so as not to show inconsistency if you now decide to increase your shipping fees at this point.

Concerning if you should add charges. Well, you have to estimate all cost both the goods and shipping fee plus charges and send to the customer, if he or she can afford it, it is fine but when you see the individual doesn't have the money to pay then you cut down your charges. Just make sure it doesn't affect your gain on that product regardless of adding charges or not

Do you add extra charges to the price of the product even if you are going to be the one that will deliver the product to ten in the other City or state. But you have to let them know before they place the order that if they are placing the order from the other cities you have to add charges and you have to indicate the charges on the order page.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds