Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should favoritism be favored for a difficult or sensitive task?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I won't appoint someone who is not professionally and skilled inclined to take roles of sensitive tasks to avoid loopholes! Sensitive tasks require those who are critically minded.

Under normal circumstances, you won't want your job to be messed up under the excuse of your unskilled choice of individuals not being skilled enough for the task would you? So, simply give it to those capable

Sincerely I feel it depends,if what the company needs can be handled by the close relative then I will say it should be given to the relative even if the other person can do it better

Yes, I won't appoint someone who is not professionally and skilled inclined to take roles of sensitive tasks to avoid loopholes! Sensitive tasks require those who are critically minded.
There should be no favouritism when it comes to performing task that will determine the fate of the organization,I agree with you

when it comes to the issue of business and running an organisation professionalism need to be put into consideration,a good and competent hands needs to be put into position of trust, as the contineous operation to generate profit is the main focus here.

If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?
I will never do such.
I find hands more capable, but then I decide to favour one who's incapable?
I will Go for the better qualified one.

Your major aim is to employ someone who is highly competent for the job irrespective how closer they are to you. Favouritism should not be allowed in business unless you want it to crumble.

Last edited:
Competent matters a lot if you care about the output of your company in business. I can only hire my relative when they are competent for the job and and must be ready to follow the same rules as others.

Last edited:
Business is risk but it shouldn't be gambling as long as you have the quality personnel or experience person then favouritism should not come in

I don't play favoritism in business. If someone else is more qualified and fit for the job, I'll definitely give the job to the person instead of giving it to a friend just to favor him or her and at the end of the day, they just ruin everything

Favoritism is not always a good thing and often result in enmity between the two parties, I mean those favored and those not favored. However one truth is that we cannot completely avoid favoritism, we will always favor some people over others.

When it comes to business, I think it would be best to be able to know the difference between business and family. If there are others who are better qualified for that position, I think I would give it to that person the goal is to achieve quality results

The fastest way to introduce rancor and toxic work environment is to introduce favouritism into the equation when allocating task

A big yes!
I cannot find a qualified person who is able to perform a SENSITIVE task, and then overlook him or her, and favour a friend or relative who is not qualified.
That would be the biggest wrong i would be doing to my business and myself.

Favoritism is not always a good thing and often result in enmity between the two parties, I mean those favored and those not favored. However one truth is that we cannot completely avoid favoritism, we will always favor some people over others.

The simple fact is that some people will always be favored for one reason or another at their workplace by their bosses. It might be for simple likeness or one's hard work. But overlooking who works hard for just personal bias likeness is definitely bad.

When it comes to the task given I don't do family things in everything I do I treat everyone equally and I notice some of my friends don't like me because of that, so I give the task out to anyone who could do it well is the one I will pay at the end.

This question is somewhat funny. Why favour and underqualified person over a fully qualified person simply because the later is your friend. This is foolishness

It's not going to be an easy decision to make but I'll take the best person for role anyone of that qualifies for the role and successful met the qualifications needed

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds