Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should favoritism be favored for a difficult or sensitive task?

The question which you need to ask yourself is whether your relative or friend would be able to get the difficult job done accurately? If they can, then you may use as result of your old ties to them and give them the job and hope it doesn't blow up in your face for ignorik who's more qualified for it.

Advertisement Placeholder
If the task is difficult, you should hire someone who is an expert on that task. If the task is sensitive, you should hire someone who you can trust. You should not hire someone just because he/she is your favorite.

If they are others better qualified and willing to perform the difficult and sensitive that then yes i'll choose then over a close friend or relative. You can't favour your friend or relative who lacks qualifications over a qualified person.

If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?
Its almost always better to work with outsiders. If the friend has the ability and dedication to do the work without issues, I would go for them instead.

I do not think that you should favour a particular employee or a person when it comes to a particular kind of job. I think you can select anyone if that particular person has the ability to get the job done.

I don't really think that favouritism is good in a business or even in the company, so favouritism is not allow in any business at all.

We need to learn how to keep relationship out from business. As you've pointed out that the task is a sensitive one and is just normal and also for the good of the company that the best option for the role is chosen

Yes, I won't hesitate to appoint someone is who a better fit for a job ahead of a close relative or friend. I will always pick competency and capability first before favouritsm.

Normally, the person qualified for a particular position should take up that position but it is rather unfortunate that some people are favored and be given positions they are not qualified for just because they are friends or relation. This is really unfair as everyone is supposed to be treated equally just as someone already mentioned above. That is just my opinion.

In any kind of business where they make use of favoritism in setting up duties for staff, they never grow that quickly because they use those that are not qualified.

Sensitive tasks means it deals with financial issue or the business secrets. This kind of tasks should be trusted only with people you can trust. Therefore, favoritism should be favored.

Favoritism in the workplace can make some feel undervalued while placing others in difficult positions but I cant allow that to fall my side no matter how you get closed to me

If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?
Not really a close friend or family member or anyone randomly. I think they should be a series of tests to find out who will be best suited for the position, this is just the best way for you to select people with the best ability to handle such a situation.

There are so many things that you should consider whenever you want to give out a job. The other people might have the better technical skills but you might trust your friend or your relation better.

It is always better to take people who have the qualifications for those jobs instead of taking a novice who knows nothing about the job just because he or she is a relative, taking someone with more experience will bring about a good result
[automerge]1637065733[/automerge]
I think the job Should be given to the person that has more qualifications because that action will definitely bring about a desired results but in the other hand if you take someone with no qualifications just because he is a family member it will lead to loss

Well, I do not think that it is all about favoritism. I think an employer should choose a person who can handle the task and get the job done in a much better way. We can say that this is a kind of favoritism.

Personally I can only be able to favor someone if the person really understand what to do in a business, I can't even imagine myself favouring someone that don't even have a good understanding of what business is all about and can't perform his or her duty perfectly.

Under normal circumstances, you won't want your job to be messed up under the excuse of your unskilled choice of individuals not being skilled enough for the task would you? So, simply give it to those capable
This is the most ideal thing to do. But let say you have a brother in that field who you know is not skilled enough, giving the job out for an outsider to do would somehow affect your relationship. Don't u think?

In my country, favoritism is the order of the day . This is common among the Hausa tribes. An Hausa man would prefer to employ his relatives irrespective of his/her qualifications.

Well, to my understanding, I dont think favoritism is highly applied in choosing those who are willing to perform or carried out a difficult task. the only person or people that are involved or chose are those who are competent enough to do the jobs.
[automerge]1638032000[/automerge]
I don't think favouritism, is highly considered ir given any chance to play when or during a serious demand for a very sensitive and a difficult task to be carried out. this is because the the top officials are aware that their candidates can not perform a very difficult and sensitive task.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds