Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should favoritism be favored for a difficult or sensitive task?

Yes, I won't appoint someone who is not professionally and skilled inclined to take roles of sensitive tasks to avoid loopholes! Sensitive tasks require those who are critically minded.
Yes, right.
It would be wrong employing a family member who doesn't have the required qualifications over one who does, especially for sensitive tasks.

Advertisement Placeholder
A big yes!
I cannot find a qualified person who is able to perform a SENSITIVE task, and then overlook him or her, and favour a friend or relative who is not qualified.
That would be the biggest wrong i would be doing to my business and myself.

Sometimes employer find it really hard to find the right kind of person for the job because sometimes, not even the best employee could handle the job and I think a company can hire a freelancer in this case.

When it comes to some sensitive tasks, they should be given to the qualified and not based on favoritism. This is because the consequences of giving the work based on favoritism may have negative impacts.

Under normal circumstances, you won't want your job to be messed up under the excuse of your unskilled choice of individuals not being skilled enough for the task would you? So, simply give it to those capable
If you care about your business so very well you should always try as much as you can to eliminate all possible use of favoritism when it comes to assigning tax because it is going to get the wrong people to do the job that will ruin your business existence.

To me I don't think favouritism is the same weather in difficult or sensitive task, it should be discouraged, as it speaks of corruption.

This topic has several actual examples. My brother started a business of selling special steel that is imported from Japan. His right-hand man was his former office mate. During that time my other brother had no permanent job but the businessman brother did not hire him. The reason is the skills that are needed for marketing the product.

Favouritism should not be favoured for difficult and sensitive task in an organisation, it should be given to the right person that can handle the job because of the impact it might have on the long run.
When it comes to some sensitive tasks, they should be given to the qualified and not based on favoritism. This is because the consequences of giving the work based on favoritism may have negative impacts.

Why not, I think the truth of the matter is that everybody wants to look out for their family members, I get that. I think that shouldn't be done at the detriment of others, especially when it comes to employment opportunities.

I will never do such.
I find hands more capable, but then I decide to favour one who's incapable?
I will Go for the better qualified one.
This is actually something that a lot of businesses fail to understand in my country because when you are not given the job to those that are qualified to do it it is definitely going to be affecting your business productivity.

There should be no favouritism when it comes to performing task that will determine the fate of the organization,I agree with you
When you are actually delegate an important tax to someone who is not qualified to handle the job simply because of favoritism it is your business that is going to suffer it in the end.

Like you said there are some tasks that are too sensitive to just be left in the hands of anyone, so it's important to always have the right man for the job so as not to have setbacks in the business

Sincerely I feel it depends,if what the company needs can be handled by the close relative then I will say it should be given to the relative even if the other person can do it better
If you actually know what is good for the success of your business you should always make it a priority to delegate duties to people that are qualified to carry out the task.

If you actually know what is good for the success of your business you should always make it a priority to delegate duties to people that are qualified to carry out the task.
In the business world, a boss should always allocate a job assignment tonthe right people that can handle the job perfectly instead of using favouritism and giving it to a worker's that cannot perform the duty.

If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?
When it comes to the issue of professionalism and performance of duties,competence and capacity to deliver should be taken into consideration and should not be compromise for any other thing.

Yes, right.
It would be wrong employing a family member who doesn't have the required qualifications over one who does, especially for sensitive tasks.
Tho particular issue has in many ways affected many business organisation and mist has been shut down recently , giving favour to family member who are not capable of handling a position can ruin a business.

There is no such thing as favoritism when the goal is to get the task done, if your close friend or family member are qualified can do the task professionally then you can settle for them, what if they weren't family and would you choose someone qualified for the job.

There should be a very clear plan of action and in that way you should not be giving out jobs to people based on favoritism but instead based on how experienced people deliver.

Actually favouritism is not good at all even in a critical situation as an individual it's not advisable to practice favouritism because it has alot of effect and disadvantages on people around you.

Favouritism is used in many aspect in business and organisation, here in my own area , if theres a huge and hard work , it will be given to the person that has the capability of handling it and if theres an easy work that will bring huge money and benefit, it will be given to the person that was favoured

What is the reason they are willing to perform these activities ? Is it really out of passion or they just want to help ? . If the reason is genuine I believe they should automatically be chosen , probably they can help.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds