Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should favoritism be favored for a difficult or sensitive task?

For me personally, favoritism is not my thing and I will never apply an underqualified person over a qualified person no matter how close the person is to me

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course, I think this shouldn't be a question. However, sometimes it is hard for human beings to separate emotions from business, at the end of the day a lot of people end up picking their close relatives or friends.

I will appoint people who i trust and believe in to do a sensitivity task because if the the task goes wrong I will make myself responsible. So in other not to do that I must get the right people to do the job.

The word favoritism means irrespective of the person's ability,he or she will be given the task which is not suppose to be...A sensitive task should be given to a well qualified person.

Yes, I won't appoint someone who is not professionally and skilled inclined to take roles of sensitive tasks to avoid loopholes! Sensitive tasks require those who are critically minded.
Definitely. And most times the family member would feel bad just because you didn't patronize him if though he's under qualified. You shouldn't allow this to get to u

I do not support favoritism and nepotism. I believe the person with better experience, knowledge and skills should be employed and not the one who is someone's pet.

Favouritism and nepotism should not be encouraged in the society because it kills the vibe society and also it should only be encourage in a situation where the tax is difficult for the person who he has an idea or he need a little help or guidance

It should not at all. If that is done, it means that it has outrightly gone against the Federal Character Principles in the constitution. Jobs should be given to the qualified having gone through the official recruitment process. For me, I will never support the idea to favour favouritism for sensitive jobs.

There is no need for favouritism because everyone are all equal. when employing people into a business organisation the most important thing is the skill the person has to offer that should be considered only. I do not favour someone that doesn't have anything to offer.

Even a well know nepotic person will not assign sensitive or difficult task to unqualified family and friends because he or she knows the consequences.

Your major aim is to employ someone who is highly competent for the job irrespective our closer they are to you. Favouritism should not be allowed in business for less you want it to crumble.
If you keep allowing how your business is carried out to be based on favouritism, it's definitely going to affect your business productivity and output because it means that the skilled and professional staff won't be doing the job they are supposed to.

If there are others better qualified and willing to perform a particularly difficult or sensitive task, should they be automatically chosen over a close friend or relative? Why/why not?
I don't think that there is any situation in a business where by favouritism should be favoured at all as favouritism breeds hatred and badmind in the working condition of any business so therefore it should not even be on the table at all as a business strategy.

If the person who has the power to give out job is after quality and successful delivery of task given,then such person will not give out jobs on the basis of nepotism but competence.

For me personally, favoritism is not my thing and I will never apply an underqualified person over a qualified person no matter how close the person is to me

I have seen a lot of people make the mistake of doing favors to employ their friend's family relatives to work for them neglecting those that are really qualified for the job. In the end, they still end up sacking the unqualified staff.

I would definitely choose a more qualified person to do a job than a close relative because I value productivity and output quality which can only be given to me by a professional

Favoritism is one of the downfalls. Why would I favour an unqualified to work for me because they are close to me than choosing the qualified.

Favoritism is one of the downfalls. Why would I favour an unqualified to work for me because they are close to me than choosing the qualified.
One of the biggest challenges and disadvantages of choosing someone out of familiarly to work for you is that in most cases, they take you for granted and see you as weak.

For sensitive positions or skillful positions, favourism shouldn't be the order of the day. You might chose a relative or a friend to oversee your business or normal jobs but not in a sensitive cases.

Like you said there are some key roles or positions that just not anybody can handle and once standard procedures aren't followed, there's a high risk of that job being jeopardized.
But I think we should extend this practice to even non sensitive positions too and allow only the best be given a chance.

Yes, I agree that favouritism should be considered here especially in private enterprises where as a sole owner you wouldn't want your business to run down by giving it to an employee which might only reach the qualification standard but not skilled enough on the job role.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds